May 2014 Moms
Options

Past your due date check in?

May 18 here (ignore the ticker- it's been off a day since the beginning).

I would formally like to submit my request to bitch and complain about my due date having passed. It may just look like uncontrollable sobbing. Don't be alarmed.

I carried dd to 42 weeks and had to be induced. Really, really, REALLY hoping to avoid that this time. I want this little dude out, like, two weeks ago.

I had acupressure done on Sunday and was cramping and contracting irregularly from 3pm- ~1 am. Then nothing. D':

Your turn! Tell me your due date and your late term woes.

imageimage image

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Past your due date check in?

• Options
    sws684sws684 member
    I was due yesterday! Had some decent contractions for a few hours late last night! & voila! .. They're gone! I'm being induced on Friday if she isn't here before then.
  • Options
    I was due the 12th and still waiting!  My induction is scheduled to start tomorrow night if I don't go into labor by then.  My little dude is just too comfy to come out!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm due today so I'm not 'past due' but I will be..because this dude is mighttttyyyyyy comfy right where he is.

Sunday night I was having pretty steady coontractions from about 8p-11p (give or take) about 15-18 minutes apart and I really thought it was progressing somewhere. I started throwing all the loose ends together (laundry, cleaning, etc) and all of a sudden they stopped and I could've DIED. My pelvic area (including my vagina and upper legs) are in so much pain that any sort of relief at this point would be helpful. Sighhhhh :/
  • Options
    Like the idea of this thread better than all the miscellaneous due date threads. Due may 8th. Induction scheduled for the 21st. Can't sleep as a stupid contraction woke me up.

T 2.12 | W 5.14

• Options
    I was also due on the 18th. I've had really painful inconsistent contractions for the past few days and pooped my brain out yesterday and now nothing today! I am hoping for a vbac but if this little guy doesn't come on his own I will be back in for another c/s.
    Baby #2 is on the way!!
    BabyFetus Ticker

Baby #1!
    Charles Edward 4/13/12 
    9 lbs 2 oz 22 & 3/4 inches
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    dwnsldedwnslde member
    Due date was the 15th, going in the evening of the 21st to have my cervix checked. If I have "progressed" they will send me home and I come back in the morning for Pitocin, if I haven't they will put in a foley bulb and send me home to come back in when it falls out.

Being induced because "she's up high", my DS didn't drop until transition. Oh and "because you're not in labor now" was the other reason. I had to talk to my least favorite midwife and talking to her is like talking to a brick wall some times.

No offers of NST, fluid level check, BPP, nada.
  • Options
    3rd May 18th due date here - not a good day I guess? :-( I've had very random contractions for the past week now but nothing consistent whatsoever except for the random constant 'I'm gonna get my period' pain... Obnoxious!!

When I got checked last week I was 2cm, 50% effaced and baby was at a -2 station so it's comforting that SOMEthing is happening but that is almost worse cause it's like a tease. Especially when my MW said I probably won't see you next week (that being my appt this Thursday). I wish she hadn't said that - I expected to go over but that got my hopes up!!

I'm meeting dh for lunch today and a friend on Wednesday to get me out of the house at least so I don't go completely nuts!!
    image Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    tjkdlhbtjkdlhb member
    Due May 12 based on ultrasound and May 15 based on LMP.

With my last pregnancy, I had DD and had been settled back home before what would have been 39 weeks.

I feel roughly the same as I have for the past two months. 

• Options
    QOTRQOTR member
    I'm sorry to hear about your husband's job @carpenter627!    What crappy timing on their part.

Today is my due date, so I'll officially join the whining tomorrow.   Good luck ladies!

Me-41, Hubby-40.
    1st BFP-8/17/12!  Missed Miscarriage discovered @ 8 week US.  D&C.
    2nd BFP-2/13/13!  Blighted Ovum discovered @ 8 week US. Natural miscarriage.
    3rd BFP-5/22/13!  By early June, progesterone plummeting.  Another loss.
    August 2013 - started Donor Egg process, but surprise BFP with my own eggs.
    Dear Son born 5/28/14
  • Options
    I was due yesterday, and I've got a whole lotta nothing going on. I've been a "fingertip" dilated for the past 3 weeks, no real contractions. I did poop a lot yesterday--lol does that count for anything? I've been walking 3-4 miles a day between the treadmill at lunch time and walking the dog in the evening.

Oh, and I'm still working. Boo hiss.
    Charlotte June, Born May 29, 2014
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    drjwjdrjwj member
    May 18 #5!!! What's up with that? I was 2cm at 39 weeks and really felt like I was making progress, but at my 40 week check nothing had changed and since then I've quit working and I feel like she is higher up than she used to be! I'm going nuts trying not to read into every BH since I've been having those a while. My parents are flying in today and my induction is scheduled for tomorrow. When we first scheduled it just in case I thought there was no way I'd still be pregnant at this point!
    Married April 2009 
    TTC since May 2010 
    2011 Unexplained IF
    Spring 2012: Tried Clomid x3 with TI, BFN 
     IUI #1 with clomid Sept 2012 BFN 
    IUI #2 with clomid Nov 2012 BFN
    IVF #1 with half ICSI, 2 embryos BFN
    IVF/ICSI #2 May 2013 BFN
    FET Aug 2013  beta #1 247, beta #2 866!!!!!!!

Due date 5/15/14!!!

imageimage

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    May 13th here! Getting induced tonight - fingers crossed all goes well! What were you May 18th girls drinking??

I'm less than a fingertip and only a little soft but I'm going into this induction with a positive assumption that all will go well! Good luck to all the other late May mamas!
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    RandD6RandD6 member
    My due date was May 15--I have an appointment today for a NST and cervix check so we'll see what my doctor says!! I've been trying everything...spicy food, walking, sex, and I have had absolutely no signs of labor! :( Last cervix check I had about 2 weeks ago put me at 1.5 cm dilated. Praying for progress today!!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    tjkdlhbtjkdlhb member
    Due yesterday, inducing this Friday night/Saturday morning. And DH got let go from his job yesterday, on my due date. I'm sure we will keep busy working on the nursery and looking for a job for him. I'm still kind of in shock. Who does that? Good luck ladies. It's only a matter of time until we get outside baby snuggles too.
    That really sucks!  Hopefully something new will come up for him soon!

• Options
    BKD1386BKD1386 member
    Mine was May 10th based on u/s and May 15th based on LMP... scheduled to go in at 6pm tomorrow night to start Cervadil for induction.  At Dr appt last week he was still high and no dilation at all, looked great on the NST.  He dropped a little bit two nights ago, so I'm hoping that I've made a little progress since then.  I've got a lot more pelvic pain, but zero BH or real contractions.  Stubborn little guy.   :(

May 14 November Siggy Challenge: Least Favorite Part of the Holiday Season

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Another may 18th here as well. Went in yesterday and was only 1cm dilated and 50% effaced (if that) which is what I was last week. Induction scheduled for memorial day. Really hoping she comes before then. Thought I was having some good contractions this morning like what I have been having for the past week, and then whatdya know... just a bowel movement. .. at least that feels better lol
  • Options
    shipmrashipmra member
    I usually lurk, but I'll play...

@Miles2Go, it looks like we are almost identical stories.  I was 14 days late with DD... didn't have to be induced, but did have to have augmentation during what was a very long and draining labor (and ended up losing all of my hopes for a natural birth).

This time around, baby boy is also late and I've decided my cervix is a steel trap.  Been 1 cm and "very firm" for three weeks now.  My OB just shook his head yesterday when he checked me.  Having to go in twice a week now for fetal monitoring and it's just starting to get depressing.  I could probably handle being late again if it weren't for everyone's incessant comments like, "Still no baby?!"  "You haven't had that baby yet?!"  "Aren't they going to induce you?!"

Thinking about listening to my Hypnobabies "Come OUT Baby!" track.

Baby number two due May 14, 2014!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    tjkdlhbtjkdlhb member
    shipmra said:
    I usually lurk, but I'll play...

@Miles2Go, it looks like we are almost identical stories.  I was 14 days late with DD... didn't have to be induced, but did have to have augmentation during what was a very long and draining labor (and ended up losing all of my hopes for a natural birth).

This time around, baby boy is also late and I've decided my cervix is a steel trap.  Been 1 cm and "very firm" for three weeks now.  My OB just shook his head yesterday when he checked me.  Having to go in twice a week now for fetal monitoring and it's just starting to get depressing.  I could probably handle being late again if it weren't for everyone's incessant comments like, "Still no baby?!"  "You haven't had that baby yet?!"  "Aren't they going to induce you?!"

Thinking about listening to my Hypnobabies "Come OUT Baby!" track.
    This!

MIL is still here.  Literally moved into my house to wait for baby.  She's been here a month.  And plans to stay to 'help' until DH is off for the summer.

• Options
    May 16.
    Have been 2cm, 80% effaced, head low for a month. Had a membrane sweep yesterday that started painful contractions every 10 min, back pain and cramping that lasted about 12 hours and now it's gone. Going to be induced Thursday if he doesn't come sooner.
  • Options
    May 18 due date. My impatient FIL arrived here last Tuesday and is itching to get back on the road and go home. OB appt this afternoon to check things out and discuss options.
  • Options
    Am due tomorrow, hopefully I can get an induction date on thrusday when see my doctor
  • Options
    HallilHallil member
    I was due the 10th, had U/S today and just waiting on NST right now. So far everything looks good but baby needs to hurry up as the OB's are starting to pressure my midwife and I. DD1 came on her own 5 days late so I was mentally prepared to go over a bit, but not this long. After I'm done here I have to go see my midwife, we'll do my first check and possible sweep to try to start things.
  • Options
    Did anyone who was due the 18th have their baby?? What in the world?? Us 18th-ers need to do something!
    image Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    hfooterhfooter member
    19th was 40 weeks for me. Had my cervical check and I am not dilated at all :( been doing acupunture since last week and will continue doing it till he comes! But honestly I think I'll have to be induced. At my next appt in a week we will talk induction date. She originally said the 31st but maybe we can shoot for the 28th depending on dilation and what not.

I'm not too uncomfortable. But I can't wait to not have heartburn! That's all I can think about.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    May 18 here too. No baby :/ daily contractions and blah blah blah. Still pregnant
  • Options
    I was also due on the 18th. I've had really painful inconsistent contractions for the past few days and pooped my brain out yesterday and now nothing today! I am hoping for a vbac but if this little guy doesn't come on his own I will be back in for another c/s.

just an update- I had an appointment today and I'm only 1 cm, but soft. My dr checked my fluid levels and said I was at a 7, so he will let me go until next Tuesday's appointment and at that time decide if they will break my water to get things going or just have another c/s. I can't be induced bc I'm trying for a vbac, but if I'm dilated enough and they break my water it might get things going. If I'm not dilated enough then I'll have a c/s on Wed or Thurs. Come on baby! And seriously, all of us May 18th'ers need to start witchcraft or praying...I'm not sure which one yet. Haha!
    Baby #2 is on the way!!
    BabyFetus Ticker

Baby #1!
    Charles Edward 4/13/12 
    9 lbs 2 oz 22 & 3/4 inches
  • Options
    Seriously. What is up with the 18th?

imageimage image

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    May 16th here. Still no baby and only slow progression. I'm dilated to 3 almost 4 and 60% effaced, but it took WEEKS to get here. Had a false alarm this past Thursday because I thought increased discharge might be a slow leak, but it wasn't. My doctor plans to induce on Friday if nothing else changes, but I really hope my body and baby cooperates and we do this on our own. Please come out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    I was due May 18. This is my second so I was really hoping that he would be at least a LITTLE early. My DR is scheduling me to be induced this Friday but I keep hoping that I go into labor naturally. I showed up to my daughter's induction date at 7cm dilated so perhaps her little brother will be similar?
    Can't believe it's not over yet. :((
  • Options
    I was due the 12th and am going in tonight to start Cytotec overnight and then possibly breaking my water in the morning and then pitocin if needed.  Definitely bummed that my body couldn't figure out how to go into labor on its own.  But it's time for our little man to get here.  I'm nervous though and hoping all goes well.  Wishing the best for all you post due ladies!
  • Options
    QOTRQOTR member
    I'm just a day late now.   My OB initially said that she wanted to induce me Monday night if nothing has happened, but she has now agreed to let me go to 42 weeks as long as my BP stays level and I have BPPs every 3 days starting at 41 weeks.   That offers some relief.  However, my BP was slightly elevated on Monday and if it is still up or increased at tomorrow's appointment, the rules will likely change.    Good luck everyone!

Me-41, Hubby-40.
    1st BFP-8/17/12!  Missed Miscarriage discovered @ 8 week US.  D&C.
    2nd BFP-2/13/13!  Blighted Ovum discovered @ 8 week US. Natural miscarriage.
    3rd BFP-5/22/13!  By early June, progesterone plummeting.  Another loss.
    August 2013 - started Donor Egg process, but surprise BFP with my own eggs.
    Dear Son born 5/28/14
  • Options
    Yuuuuuuck...the only thing I'm tired of is analyzing every wipe, twinge and pain...other than that I'm refusing induction!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo DSC_0014.jpg
  • Options
    Today is my due date, and still a big fat nothing today. Earlier this week I was 75% and 2cm, -1 station. Last night I had contractions 5-8 min apart for 3 hours. Then they just stopped. Again. I'm scheduled for induction on Monday but was so hoping to have her arrive already. I'm less concerned about induction (it will be just pit) than I am about being pregnant even one more day. Not only do I feel miserable, but I keep worrying about her because she's less active than her crazy active usual pattern.
  • Options
    kb2bkkkb2bkk member
    Only three days overdue but really feeling crappy about it. I was hoping for a VBAC but have a RCS scheduled for 41w. Hurry up baby girl!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker 
  • Options
    Kb2bkk Same here. I'm 40wks3. They took it upon themselves to schedule me for a rcs on the 28th & I declined. I'm desperately praying for a vba2c & I won't comprise until my 42nd week. But I sure can't wait to meet my LO. I keep telling him I'm going to crawl up in there next to him cause he sure looks comfortable.
  • Options
    deanna1313deanna1313 member
    edited May 2014
    I was due on the 21st, but was hoping I'd go earlier since my due date was originally the 8th and we all know how accurate the size is during an ultrasound. I have been 1cm for 5 weeks and he is completely in position and ready to go as per the dr. I hope to have him on my own soon because I am scheduled for an induction on the 29th:(

Scared the cashier yesterday at Target when she realized my due date was a few days ago. I'm tired of sitting around waiting so my husband took me out to lunch and a few stores. Could barely handle it and I needed a nap when I got back.
    I am tired, so swollen and my legs really hurt to walk or stand. It's pretty ridiculous. When are you coming little guy?!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"