November 2014 Moms

maternity pictures at 20-22 weeks?

Please, please don't tell me this is stupid.

My husband is likely going to be around for this week and those two weeks and that's it until 2015, and I really want to do something that'll include him...

I didn't show much with DS at 19/20 weeks but...I'm showing more now than I did with him at this point, so I'm hoping for a cute enough belly and to only take a few and do another set later on (like in Oct) wearing his spare uniform shirt and stuff but..

Would it be better just to make them family pictures or would some cute maternity shots work out?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
BFP #1 March 5, 2011
EDD November 5, 2011
Logan born October 31, 2011
BFP #2 March 3, 2014
EDD Nov 14, 2014

Re: maternity pictures at 20-22 weeks?

• I bet you can get some cute ones especially if you are already showing a bit more. You'll just have to find something that really emphasizes the bump! I would actually prefer that to doing it way late in they pregnancy. You'll still feel pretty good at that point, I would think.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • MrsG1019MrsG1019 member
    edited May 2014
    I'm doing our maternity pictures at 20.5 weeks simply because we have a photographer friend in town (same friend who shot our wedding) and I wouldn't dream of anyone doing our photos but her... So not the "ideal" time but we are gonna make do. You're still capturing your pregnancy and the life inside.... Make the best of it!

BabyName Ticker
    image imageimageimage

• I say do what you feel is best to capture your family no matter how many weeks you are. I think it's not stupid at all, in fact it's very sweet. Your baby will love those pics too when baby is old enough to appreciate them. Take advantage of your time with your hubby!
  • As a photographer I usually photograph maternity at 36 weeks because mamas bellies are nice and round but they still generally feel good.

I think that as long as this isn't your only maternity shoot that it's worth capturing the memories now and later.
    Worse case you end up with cute family pics with your DS!
  • You can always include baby items (like shoes or toys) in the pictures to really emphasize the pregnancy. I'm sure they will be beautiful no matter what!

• I say go with it if that is good timing for your family. I love the idea of adding in some baby related items too.
  • i think it's a really sweet idea. your dh can take the photos with him as a reminder of what's happening back home. i'm sure they'll turn out great ;)
    TW*** Child and loss mentioned
    Married 10/12
    DS 11/14
    Ectopic 2/16
    PCOS/Ovulation Dysfunction 11/16
    IUI x 3- BFN
    Laparoscopy 3/17 Endo and tubal damage
    IVF- 4/17- 40 eggs retrieved, 10 blasts, 7 pgs tested embryos
    FET- 6/17- BFP!
    Due Feb 15, 2017
  • Go for it!! Maybe you could get a shirt that will for you when your bigger and wear it for these pictures (at least a few) and do an extreme close up of DH hands on your stomach... And then wear the same shirt in a few of your other session pictures too!
  • so72409so72409 member
    I think you'll still be able to get some fun bump shots, especially if you're showing a little further along than the first time.  We had our maternity pics done at 26 weeks with twins (so slightly different), but there was plenty of bump!  Like PP said, eat a big lunch.  You will cherish those memories of your family! 

Just a thought--if you're finding out the sex, you can definitely play that up--I've seen pictures on Pinterest of using pink or blue paint on your hands/DH's hands/ children's hands and then "stamping" a white or black shirt on your belly.  Plenty of fun ideas out there to help you make it more about baby, even if the baby bump isn't the biggest!
  • @RedBirdFly I think you should do the maternity shoot since it's likely your only chance. It doesn't matter if you're not showing that much- I think you'll be happiest with that decision in the long run. Is your DH deployed? Mine is, and I know it's a 'sucky situation' to be in! I admire you for going through it with a little boy also! What branch of the military is your husband in? Mines a marine :) 
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • DH is a submariner (so Navy). They are still trying to send him home for the baby, but chances are that they won't be able to. They're deploying for six months this year and will be underway for about a month before that. It's pretty shitty but I want to make the most of our time together!

He's a pretty awesome guy and I know it sucks almost more for him, because he has to miss everything and then come back and have a bigger family.

BabyFetus Ticker
    BFP #1 March 5, 2011
    EDD November 5, 2011
    Logan born October 31, 2011
    BFP #2 March 3, 2014
    EDD Nov 14, 2014

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"