Minnesota Babies

St. Joes!

I just wanted to let you all know i just had a baby At St. Joes on April 30th and i had the most amazing expirience! The nurses were amazing and so helpful and nice. I used the Midwives from Healtheast and i could not have had a better birthing expirience. I had a natural birth and they all got me through it. everyone was helpful,encouraging and genuinely cared about me and my baby. So if there are any expecting mom's out there that are looking for a great st.paul hospital i would highly recommend st. joes! :) 

imageimageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: St. Joes!

• Awesome, it sounds like you had a great experience! And congrats on the new baby! Do you think a doula would have been a nice addition to your birthing team, or unnecessary? I'm debating whether to have one if i deliver there, so just curious. Also, how often did the midwife check on you, did they stay with you a lot, or just check in now and then?
  • I had two great experiences at St Joe's.
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • yoyo12345 said:
    Awesome, it sounds like you had a great experience! And congrats on the new baby! Do you think a doula would have been a nice addition to your birthing team, or unnecessary? I'm debating whether to have one if i deliver there, so just curious. Also, how often did the midwife check on you, did they stay with you a lot, or just check in now and then?
    I really wanted a doula but could not afford one. Now that i went through it i dont think i needed one. My midwives were very hands on. at the beginning they came and went but made me very aware that if i wanted them there more or less to let them know. They came in and told me different positions to help with my contractions and brought me birthing balls, pillows, tennis balls for my back and were so helpful. i didn't personally need them a ton until closer to the end when i started getting closer. I actually had two midwives sit with me the whole time at the end. They helped me move from different positions and helped my boyfriend help me too. I think doulas are awesome but my midwives were so great i dont think a doula would have helped anymore than the midwives and nurses. 

imageimageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"