Cincinnati Babies

OB/GYN, Midwife & Hospital Recommendations - new to area

Hello!

We recently relocated to Anderson Twp. (10 mi east of Cincinnati) and I am looking for an OB/GYN or midwife in the area.  I am also interested in hospital experiences and recommendations.

My previous experience, in Toledo, was with a practice having both Midwives and OBs who I rotated between but had a set midwife.  They did an initial diagnostic ultrasound as well as others as needed.  I did enjoy that first glance early on instead of having to wait until 20ish weeks and am hoping to find a practice who will U/S initially : ).  My delivery experience was with a small but state of the art hospital with private rooms and excellent, kind care.

Ideally, I'd find someplace relatively close to Anderson (both doc, CNM, and/or hospital) but am open to all recommendations.

I've heard positive things about Seven Hills as well as Smith, Hoopes, Scheurmann and Schutte, Stamler, etc.  Would love any first hand experience you'd like to share.

Many thanks!
April

Re: OB/GYN, Midwife & Hospital Recommendations - new to area

• I go to Christ OBGYN. It's located in Anderson across from the Kroger Supermarket. The practice has been wonderful and it's all women physicians. My primary doctor is also in the same building.
  • Schutte & Stamler are out of 7 Hills Mt. Auburn office and only deliver at Christ Hospital downtown.   They are both great and attentive physicians - all in the Mt. Auburn practice are great.

Your best bet is to figure out which hospital you want to deliver at first and then narrow down a doc.  I think the 7 Hills Anderson group only delivers at Mercy Anderson.
    ****Siggy Warning****

IVF Cycle #1 - 4/06/2013 -3dt of 2 embryos, nothing to freeze - BFN 
    IVF Cycle #2 - 7/18/2013- 3dt of 3 embryos.Froze one 3AA 6 Day Blast! - BFN
    IVF Cycle #3 - 9/15/2013 - 3dt of 4 embryos, nothing to freeze - BFP!!!
    10/7 - +HPT - Beta #1 10/10 - 72, Beta#2 10/14 - 518,Harmony 21 @ 12 weeks shows one very healthy little BOY!!

imageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • becomingmommyagain said:

Your best bet is to figure out which hospital you want to deliver at first and then narrow down a doc. 

I totally agree. I don't have any recs for you, because I saw Dr. Bowen up in Springdale, even though I'm on the east side. Pick your hospital and then pick your doctor. If you're of the natural birth persuasion, check out the Bowen Center, anyway, even though it's not in the area.
    Charlie 8.06.08
    Emeline 5.28.13

My Blog

Post-Baby PRs
    Esri 5K 7.16.2014 - 21:30
    Heart Half Marathon 3.16.2014 - 1:43:30
    Canton City Marathon 9.8.14 - 3:30:56
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"