3rd Trimester
Options

Preparing for Labor & Birth

As I enter the 3rd trimester, I've been drinking my red raspberry leaf tea and eating dates, taking walks. What else should I be doing to prepare my body for labor?

TIA ladies.

image  image  image

Re: Preparing for Labor & Birth

• Options
    NADA-HNADA-H member
    prenatal yoga is really good. But don't try to induce yourself, your still very early on
    imageimage
    God Bless You my Little One
    Farida, our first child, born on the 19th of July 2014
    Farida, at 8 weeks
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was having pelvic floor pain and went to a chiro that specializes in pregnancy -- she suggested that I switch my desk chair for an exercise ball. Helps get the baby into position and supposed to be good to build up back muscles, etc. Plus you can then use the ball while laboring and then afterwards for nursing. I started pregnancy tea at 30 weeks and midwife said it was perfectly fine and indeed good to do. Hadn't heard about dates -- but love those so will look forward to having a good excuse to eat that sweet treat!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Thanks ladies, my midwife has said I'm fine to drink the tea and eat the dates. I'm not a big fan of the dates so I will hold off till the last month for those. I'm just trying to get my ducks in a row and be as prepared as I can be. I've been doing my kegals, walking, and doing my prenatal yoga.I just don't want to miss anything since I'm a HBAC momma and I don't want to get started too late in the game. 

image  image  image
  • Options

NADA-H said:

prenatal yoga is really good. But don't try to induce yourself, your still very early on

Red raspberry tea and dates are not for induction, they just tone the uterus and help the body prepare.

But OP, at 28 weeks, it is too early. You don't need to do the dates until 36 weeks and the RRL should wait too as it can irritate your uterus. Have you consulted with your OB or midwife before starting these things?

Agree on both. I was told to wait at least until 37 weeks to start either one of these treatments.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options

I just don't want to miss anything since I'm a HBAC momma and I don't want to get started too late in the game. 

Honestly you can do all of these things to "be prepared" & it might not make any difference. Truthfully, it's luck of the draw. So don't get too fixated on "preparing".

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options

Nothing wrong with dates and RRL now according to my MW.

I would keep reading up on labour and birth to help prepare and make informed decisions.

Doula, Placenta Encapsulator, Childbirth/Lactation Educator

Corin Andrew Dec 24/09

Ronan Edward Jul 9/12

Baby #3 EDD Aug 6/14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"