Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

What to do when switching from milk to formula with a baby with milk intolerance?

Hi everyone, so long story short around 6 mos. my DD#2 started projectile vomiting. Doctor said it was acid reflux and prescribed us Simulac Allementum (Dark purple can) which is a non-milk based formula. So I know that after 12 months you switch from formula to milk but idk what Im supposed to give my DD?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: What to do when switching from milk to formula with a baby with milk intolerance?

• Options
    Something without dairy - soy milk, almond milk or rice milk. Also keep in mind they don't have to have any milk at all if they are eating a well balanced diet, it's just a convenient form of fat and calcium.
    Due with #5 April 22, 2015. It's a girl!!!!! 

Yes it was planned, yes we know what causes that, no we are not on public assistance, and yes we will be getting cable after this. ;)

• Options
    We're in the same boat, except we have to avoid soy too.  We might try coconut milk, assuming we get the okay from the doc.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    i might try rice or almond milk. doctor says no soy too.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    mrs.JLmrs.JL member
    I agree with PP, try a milk alternative like almond, coconut and rice. Just make sure your LO is getting enough protein and fats as these alternatives do not have enough when compared to cow's or goat's milk.

In that note can you LO consume goat's milk?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"