December 2012 Moms

When did/will you add LO to dental?

Our dental is seperate at work and Morgan is not on it yet.  I was planning on adding her this open enrollment but now I'm on the fence.  I haven't found a dentist that wants to see her yet, and I haven't been able to find a pediatric dentist on my plan.  She has a mouth full of teeth and we brush every night, but I don't want her to wait too long and end up with a mouth full of cavities. 

We Made A Wish....

And You Came True!

Re: When did/will you add LO to dental?

• jac409jac409 member
    I would find out how much it costs for a single visit to the pediatric dentist. It can't be that much. I would weigh the cost of that vs. the cost of insurance for a year. Ours only recommends a once per year visit at this point. We wouldn't have added her yet if we had to pay extra, but we have a family plan that includes everything.
  • When we had my insurance, it was going to be at least $15/month to add DD, and a single pediatric dentist visit was $80 - so we were going to wait to add her for at least another year. However, now on DH's insurance, it doesn't cost more to add her, so she's covered now. 

Anniversary g
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I thought my employeer said to wait until LO turns 2, so during open enrollment I double checked. Turned out she was already automatically enrolled when she was born.

Heaven forbid LO falls and knocks out teeth or dislodges them, that would also be part of the dental insurance.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Heaven forbid LO falls and knocks out teeth or dislodges them, that would also be part of the dental insurance.

This was always my thought... We put her on at birth so we wouldn't have to think about it again.
  • I think a serious dental injury would likely be covered under our health insurance. We planned to add her this year but forgot. She went once and has her second visit this summer. One thing the dentist mentioned to us that I would not have really thought of was flossing. She said most parents forget about flossing. We bought those disposible floss picks and DH flosses her front teeth every night after he brushes them. We use one of those tooth brush things that go over your finger. That is the only way we can really get her teeth and gums.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerAnniversary

• We have not added DD yet...she only has 6 teeth and they're right up front so I feel like we do a good job cleaning them...plus, I can't imagine she would allow a dentist to do anything since she cried like I was stabbing her when I tried to look in her mouth for new teeth today (she likes teethbrushing but otherwise she wants you to leave her mouth alone).

BFP #1 12/02/11, M/C 12/08/11
    BFP #2 04/06/12, DD born 12/20/12
    BFP #3 06/09/14, M/C 06/15/14

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"