Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Fussy Half Way through Feeding

My LO turned 3 months old yesterday. He is strictly bottle fed. Over the past couple of days, he has had feedings where he gets fussy and refuses to eat halfway through the bottle. He is eating 4.5 ounces every 3 to 3 1/2 hours. I usually stop him halfway through to burp. There have been a couple of instances where he gets really fussy and won't eat anymore after he burps. I walk him around and usually get another burp or two out of him but he still fusses and refuses to eat. He ends up only eating 3.5 to 4 ounces when this happens.

Is there a chance that I am trying to feed him too soon? Should he be eating every 3 hours or should I start trying to feed him every 4 hours and maybe just give him a little more at each feeding? He has been having trouble going to the bathroom as well the past couple of days. Could this be causing him to not want to eat as much? I just want to make sure he is getting the appropriate amount of formula each day.

Re: Fussy Half Way through Feeding

• fraseyfrasey member
    Does he seem hungry when you start to feed him, or do you just feed him by the clock? If you go by the clock, maybe just wait a bit until he gives you some cues he's hungry. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• His fussiness ended up being an upset tummy. About an hour after eating, he had a pretty big poop.

One more question...is it normal for a 3 month old to only be awake for about an hour before they are ready for a nap? My LO can last about an hour before he starts getting fussy and needs a nap. He usually naps for an hour and a half or so before he wakes up ready to eat. Is this normal? Sometimes I'm afraid he sleeps too much or doesn't sleep enough.
  • Loading the player...
  • flclflcl member
    I think that's pretty normal. My guy gets tired after 60-90 mins of wake time but on,y naps for 30-45 mins. No matter what I've tried I can't seem to help him extend his nap...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"