2nd Trimester

Anyone else around here right around 20/21 weeks (or have insight into)? Movement question!

Hey ladies,

Is anyone else in the 20-21 week range (or have memory of such)?  

I was having pretty consistent flutters during week 19 and early week 20--at least 4-5 times a day I'd feel the "roller coaster" flutter feeling and know that was my little guy.  We went on a vacation this weekend, our schedule was WAY off, sleep schedule different, you name it, and it seems like now his movements are back to being very few and far between--and the flutters have totally gone away, replaced more with higher-up pulling feelings and little bumps and gurgles.

Am I wayyyy over-analyzing?  Is it normal at this stage to feel very inconsistent moves still?  Please, please, please don't chide me for being a worrier.  I know I am.  I'm a first-time mom, and I know I'm too jittery.  But this is a legit questions.  I have not talked with my doc yet about movement, so I'm genuinely in the dark.

Re: Anyone else around here right around 20/21 weeks (or have insight into)? Movement question!

• cblakincblakin member
    you still have quite a bit of room for baby to swim around in there.  around that time, my little guy was always coming up with new movements that felt different, i think in part due to being in different areas. suffice it to say, he was not consistent. 

the uncertainty is why most providers don't ask you to count kicks until around 28 weeks. it's still early for you to gather any reliable information from movements yet. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Not even going to lie...i feel the same way. My doctor says that at this point and time I can definitely feel certain movement depending on how im sitting or laying. For example, if i lay right on my back or sit back in a recliner...i can feel EVERYTHING...but if im walking or sitting straight up...ill feel little flutters here and there. They havnt been consistant but I know toward 3pm 10pm and early morning....my lil boo is very active.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

imageimageimageimageimage imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • braybeebraybee member
    Completely normal. Try drinking some cold water if you want to feel some movement, that works for me! I'm 24 weeks, this is my second, and I still haven't had consistent movement.
  • I've been told by both my doctor and other mamas that it's normal for movement to be inconsistent right now. They go through growth spurts which can make them tired and move less. There's also still lots of room in your belly so you won't always feel everything. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I'm 22 weeks and I read this weekend that they sleep now 12-14 hours. Mine move early morning and late evening or after I eat a little. She's definitely quieter than past weeks.
  • I'm 13 weeks but this is my 3rd pregnancy. It's perfectly normal to not constantly feel movement. Even once you start feeling full blown kicks & turns it sometimes won't be constant. But it's nothing to worry about :) & it's normal.
  • Y'all are amazing, this is all making me feel so much better!!

• I'm 20 1/2 weeks and some days I feel the baby a bunch and other days it's just a little bit!
  • That sounds totally normal especially for number 1. It takes a while to get consistency. I'm at 20 weeks with number 4 and his movements are just now getting consistent.

• With my first I didn't feel consistent movement until after 23ish weeks, but I also had an anterior placenta. 

I'm 22 weeks now and just in the past few weeks its gotten so I feel something every day. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Dont worry.  Im a FTM as well and about 21.5 weeks.  Some weeks I feel like I have felt movement once or twice most days, then some weeks Ill go a few days without really feeling much.  Yesterday was the first time I think that I felt consistent movement on and off most of the day.

They said that for most women you will not feel consistent movment where you are feeling the baby a few times an hour nearly every day till you are like 26-28 weeks +

For the longest time I didnt even realize that what I was feeling was kicking haha.  Mine feels almost like a twitch or little flutter.

DH and I Married 11.12.10
    First BPP 1.24.14
    EDD 9.26.14

Baby Cooper John born on 9.24.14 6lbs9oz

• I know with my first at my 20w scan I remember thinking it didn't even feel life full kicking and I was just nauseated when he moved in there. It wasn't consistent.

I'm on my 3rd now (19w5d) and had diastasis recti before I got pregnant. I feel him all the time and can see kicks in the outside already but it was 22-26 weeks before I saw them with my first.

I def wouldn't worry about it.
  • krr80krr80 member
    This is baby #5 for me.  I would not worry about it too much at this point.  Being a first timer, you may not even recognize or feel some of the movements.  At this point I am 22 weeks.  I am starting to feel pretty consistent kicks and prods...not so much fluttering anymore (this is my 5th though!). I can usually see and feel them on the outside as well (depending which way she is facing/lying).  I usually can get her to move by massaging my belly while lying down on my left side.  However, it does not always work.  I have to remind myself....do not get overly worked up about this, she is fine.  I have always been told that babies have sleepier days than others.  Some days they may be very active...others, not so much. I believe kick counts are more of a priority in the 3rd trimester.  However, if you are concerned, call your ob.  That is what they are there for.  ALL prego mommies are worried at some point or another...whether it is your 1st or 5th, trust me!
  • It's so frustrating during this window of time!  I hit 21 weeks today.  Yesterday I felt him ALL day, moving constantly, flutters, jabs, and today he's barely moved...nada.  It's driving this first-time mama nuts.
  • I'm 20.5 weeks and started feeling the baby about 2 weeks ago. It does depend on the time of the day (most common in the evening after dinner) and the position of my body (feeling her more sitting up or slightly leaning forward). There definitely are days that I feel her less than other times. What's been reassuring for me is to use a heart doppler every now and then. If I go crazy and think something is wrong, I can quickly listen and hear not only the heartbeat being normal but also the crazy amount of movement that I may not be feeling every time.
  • I am almost 32 weeks and just started feeling truly consistent movement this week.  Don't worry too much. :D
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks for posting this helped me too! I am 19 weeks and still don't know if I have felt my little girl yet! I hope soon I will!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"