January 2015 Moms

Feeling Nauseous?

So i'm sure theres another thread that has this topic but I wasn't able to find it (or at least quickly anyway) thought about posting this in the symptoms for today but I guess it's more of a question!

I'll be 7 weeks tomorrow and i've been feeling pretty good so far but the last few days i've been feeling pretty nauseous... seems to be getting worse too. At first it almost was like I had this "empty" feeling and I just needed to snack on some crackers to tie me over but now food doesn't seem to be doing the trick. I don't quite feel like i'm going to throw up but I sort of just feel this yucky queasy feeling. 

Mostly just struggling at work... when i'm at home and can lay down and relax or take a nap, shower etc... I feel better. 

I've tried:
tums
saltine crackers
peppermint
granola bars
soup broth

Anyone else feeling like this? Have any tips?

Re: Feeling Nauseous?

• When I was pregnant with my first, there was no queasy... it was me and the toilet BFF forever. I was sick once an hour and it was awful. Nothing I ate or drank helped at all.  As long as you are able to keep fluids in I think you'll be ok. I know it sucks, but sometimes, it's just part of pregnancy for some people. I wish you lots of luck and hope that it doesn't get any worse for you!
    Me: 33 DH: 31
    DD: 10 (born August 2004)
    Married 03/01/14
    TTC#2
    BFP: 05/17/2014 EDD: 1/25/15 MMC: 06/30/2014
    BFP: 01/31/15 MMC: 02/25/15 

• My queasy has changed into a gag reflex. There's not much I can do to prevent it. I should have probably rescheduled tomorrow's dentist appointment. That's going to be...interesting.

dx:  Unexplained IF
     TTC since May 2011, 1 year trying, and then 3 TI, 2 IUI = BFN
    IVF #1 (May 2013):  Antagonist Protocol: 
    24R, 18M, 15F w/ICSI; 5dt of 2 early blasts, no frosties = BFN
    IVF #2 (August 2013):  Lupron Stop Protocol: 
    28R, 23M, 15F w/ICSI; 5dt of 1 partially hatched blast, 7 frosties = BFP
    EDD 5/23/14, blighted ovum (6w6d), D&C (8w6d)
    FET #1 (April 2014):  transferred 2 5d blasts = BFP
    C.J. born 01/09/15

• Loading the player...
  • Jen524Jen524 member
    Eat smaller meals and have a snack in between to keep something in your stomach.  B-natal drops/lollipops or preggie pops worked great when I was pregnant with DD#2.  If it gets really bad you can ask for something from your OB to help with the nausea.
    BFP #1 7/1/2009 ~ EDD 3/9/2010 ~ Ella Adeline (7lbs 4 oz, 19.5 inches) 3/5/2010 csection (39w3d)
    BFP #2 7/13/2011 ~ EDD 3/16/2012 ~Aubree Olivia (9lbs 1oz, 21 inches) 3/15/2012 VBAC (39w6d)
    BFP #3 5/15/2014 ~ EDD 1/16/2015~Addison Isabelle (9lbs, 0oz, 21 inches) 1/25/2015 2VBAC (41w2d)
    BFP #4 7/20/2016 ~ EDD 3/25/2017 ~ Malachi Mathew (10lbs 0oz, 22 inches) 4/4/2017 emergency csection (41w3d)

• I have not actually throw up as of yet, but am totally sick to my stomach and have been hacking up all weekend

• I had a friend that swore plain lays potato chips were the only thing that helped her nausea. I never tried it, but I suppose if I were desperate I may. When are you taking your vitamins? I have found that taking my prenatal vitamin later in the day (typically at dinner) helps me. With my first pregnancy if I took it in the morning I would either throw up or feel like I was about to. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Britt1406 said:
    I had a friend that swore plain lays potato chips were the only thing that helped her nausea. I never tried it, but I suppose if I were desperate I may. When are you taking your vitamins? I have found that taking my prenatal vitamin later in the day (typically at dinner) helps me. With my first pregnancy if I took it in the morning I would either throw up or feel like I was about to. 
    I'll have to try the potato chips! 

I take my prenatal vitamin first thing in the morning- also before I eat anything... not a bad idea to try switching to later in the day... thanks!
  • Last time around nothing helped I got sick every night for 5 weeks (which isn't nearly as bad as some ladies). This time I have been sick once, but it does help to eat smaller meals. I got sick this morning but hadn't really eaten, since then its been better. Ginger ale helped a little last time as well! 
  • Are the preggie pops /ginger suckers sold at grocery stores?
  • Pips09Pips09 member
    I also used ginger ale and Preggy pop drops  the first go round. I've seen the Preggy pops at Babies R Us or on Amazon.

I also take my prenatal with dinner. Taking it with food seems to help.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

• Agree with all of the above! I lost weight during my first trimester with DD because the MS was so bad. My midwife really pushed me to eat something every single hour that I was awake, and it really helped. You won't want to eat initially, but it's important to keep your blood sugar levels from fluctuating. When they rise and fall, it makes the nausea worse. And yes - the prenatal makes it so much worse!
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • One of the best things I've found is making homemade gingerale. I boil some sugar and water and then add in diced fresh ginger. Let it boil for 30 minutes. I keep this syrup in the fridge now and add a splash to seltzer or hot water for tea. After drinking a large glass, I was able to eat a whole meal! That's major progress for me right now. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

PCOS--TTC since 11/2010:   
    5 cycles of Clomid: all BFN, 1 cycle of Follistim:CP
    1 year break thanks to deployment.
    1 cycle Follistim: BFN, Lap to remove peritubal cyst May 2013
    2 cycles Follistim + trigger: BFN, Gonal F +IUI April 2014: BFP!!!!!! 

Boy/Girl Twins due Jan 5, 2015!!! 

• I know you said you tried saltines. With Ds I was sick most of my pregnancy. Oyster crackers were really helpful. I kept them near me at all times. If I wasn't feeling well I would eat a small handful & wait 30 min till I ate or drank anything else. That might help. 
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I had this feeling both pregnancies, usually in the evenings. Nothing helped- but it eventually passed after a few weeks.
    DS1 born 4/17/11
    DS2 born 2/22/13
    MMC 5/16/14@8w2d
    DD due 5/9/15 Please be our
    RAINBOW

imageimage
  • I feel exactly the same as you, and I'm also 7 wks. I tried taking a lemon slice and sniffing it when I get nauseous especially after having eaten already. It helps that queasy feeling go away when you're full.
  • kibyloukibylou member
    If it gets super bad, talk to your dr. Mine recommended a combination of unisom to calm the stomach and vitamin b6 to get my energy back up. Talk to the dr to make sure you have the right doses and frequency though first.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thank you everyone!! I'm going to keep trying different things until something works.... the hardest is sitting through work feeling like this! I appreciate all of the feedback though and hoping one of these suggestions does the trick :)
  • Carbs were the only thing that helped me last time. So the potato chip thing makes sense.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have really bad morning (all day) sickness. I've tried every home and OTC remedy and missed two days of work last week because I couldn't be more than a foot away from the toilet at all times. I called my doctor and she got me a prescription for zofran. She was worried because I couldn't even keep water down. After taking it once, I was able to eat about an hour later.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Cera311 said:
    One of the best things I've found is making homemade gingerale. I boil some sugar and water and then add in diced fresh ginger. Let it boil for 30 minutes. I keep this syrup in the fridge now and add a splash to seltzer or hot water for tea. After drinking a large glass, I was able to eat a whole meal! That's major progress for me right now. 
    What amounts of each do you use? This intrigues me!
    i second this inquiry!  i'd love to know how to make my own ginger syrup!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    photo gum-chewers.gif
    BFP#1 EDD 04.20.2010, SUNSHINE baby boy born 03.31.2010
    BFP#2 EDD 12.07.2014, natural mc 04.09.2014 at 5w3d
    BFP#3 EDD 01.14.15, RAINBOW baby girl born 01.16.2015

photo quad_zps6309d559.jpg  image   

Lilypie First Birthday tickers  Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    jan'15 january siggy challenge: baby fails
  • I'm 7 weeks and so sick!! These are my go to's: powerade, ginger ale, soda crackers, essential oils (peppermint, lavender, digest zen) rub on belly. I find if I go without eating I get more sick. It is best to keep food in your stomach at all times! Keep crackers on your nightstand and coffee table!! I feel your pain ladies, I hope this gets better in second trimester!!!!!!
  • Lemon heads! They saved me with DS1while I was at work.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Bought Gatorade, Ginger ale, preggie pops, jolly ranchers, Vitamin B6 (but will check with my dr first), lemon drops, Popsicles and potato chips haha here's to one of these hopefully working!!

Also feeling much better tonight- laying down helps me a lot. I did however have a really hard time at the lunch hour and was gagging non stop, most queasy I've felt yet!! I saw a lemon in the fridge and remembered the comment above and surprisingly it helped a lot! It brought instant relief but didn't last for too long- still great though!
  • Sorry not sure why my username switched to my old one but sydneym630 is the same as sydneygerten
  • I'm feeling sick all day...everyday... Only 6wks.... Only way I get it settled is to eat...eat & eat more... Carbs Fruit, trail mix, sandwich water... Thou if this keeps up I'm worried I going to end up the size of a house...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"