High-Risk Pregnancy

Short cervix and admitted

I'm not usually a forum type of person but I've recently been admitted to the hospital with a very high risk pregnancy. This is my first pregnancy and we found out at 18 weeks that I have a short cervix. At that point it was 2.4. It has progressively gotten shorter and we were unable to do a cerclage because of some preterm contractions. I am taking the progesterone suppositories and have been on full bed rest for weeks. Yesterday my measurement was 0.65. I'm not actively contracting today but I am currently 25 weeks and 4 days. I guess I'm just wondering if any moms have been through the same thing and have some encouraging words and/or advice. It has been a very up and down and emotionally taxing process and I just want my baby boy healthy as can be.

Re: Short cervix and admitted

• I too have a shorting cervix. It started shorting at 18 wks. This is my 4th pregnancy and all were high risk. I delivered two of early and one at 37 wks. Currently I am 21.5 wks. I was able to get a cerclage put in at 19 wks even with some contractions. I am currently on modified bed rest at home. 

Stay positive! Every day you little one gets benefits them greatly! I've been in the hospital many times with all the others and it take a toll but the end is so worth it!

T&P are with you!

Sarah
    Married 8/7/10 I have two wonderful children 9 & 10 from previous TTC since 8/10 DX: Unexplained DH: Super Sperm 9/11 Labs Normal 9/11HSG Normal 10/11 Starting 1st round of Clomid 50mg 10/11 1st round of Clomid BFN Stated with New RE 10/11 10-11/11 All test redone except for HSG all normal DH still superman...lol 12/11 Lap surgery for poss Endo...Endo stage 2 1/12 rest month 2/12 US for 1st round of meds w/ IUI showed cyst...cancelled cycle 3/12 US for 1st round of meds w/IUI showed go! 3/19/12 1st IUI...now in the 2ww...ugh 4/2/12 AF...1st failed IUI... 5/3/12 Started Meds for IUI #2...Cancelled 5/12 due to low E2 levels... 5/20/12 Ovulated and BD...2ww... 5/31/12 BFP Beta #1 14.9... 6/2/12 Beta #2 40... Beta #3 240... US June 25th
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Have been on bed rest for a few weeks myself, don't have much advice just wanted to send good vibes :)
  • Loading the player...
  • I was in the hospital for a couple weeks due to shortening cervix around the same time as you with my last pregnancy. I don't remember the measurement exactly (it was 8 years ago) but had been on bedrest at home a month before that. While in the hosp they measured my cervix daily and within 2 weeks it had lengthened by 2 CM. It is possible, so hang in there. So sorry you're going through this!!

10/16/04 ~ lost our first baby boy at 20 weeks due to IC

3/05 ~ another loss at 12 weeks

2/14/06 ~ Our sweet valentine miracle was born after a nightmarish 8 months!

Surprise Baby Boy, born sleeping at 31 weeks on 9/21/14

• I have dealt with the shortened cervix with both of my pregnancies and the bedrest threat always knocking on my door.  I just had an appt this morning and after 2 months of realllly taking it easy mine has lengthened a whole centimeter. Hang in there, sending you positive vibes!

• Well, I'm still pregnant. I've been in the hospital for 3 weeks today and am now dilated to 4. I've been lightly contracting every 5-10 minutes for a couple days. I am on procardia to stop the contractions but it isn't working too well for me. They have had to stop my labor 4 times now and 3 of those times were within the last 10 days. I'm 2 hours from home and starting to get a bit homesick at this point. I keep reminding myself of the miraculous blessing that's coming at the end of this journey. We've had a couple scares where his heart rate dropped down in the 70s and stayed there for a little longer than made any of us comfortable. One of those times he faded completely off the monitor and it took a bit to find him. I can honestly say I have never been so scared in my life as I was in that moment. However, he has stabilized quickly afterward and seems to be doing well.

Between the medications to try and keep me pregnant plus the blood thinners to keep me from getting clots, I am beginning to wonder how much of this up and down, back and forth and extra doses here and there is really healthy for either one of us. I know every single day counts so we just keep taking it one day at a time.
  • So glad to hear he's still hanging in there; even if by a thread. I know how hard it is to be there, I'm so so sorry. I will be praying for you, and yes every single day is a miraculous accomplishment. Hang in there mama, in the end its all worth it to hold your little miracle! You'll quickly forget everything that led up to that moment.

10/16/04 ~ lost our first baby boy at 20 weeks due to IC

3/05 ~ another loss at 12 weeks

2/14/06 ~ Our sweet valentine miracle was born after a nightmarish 8 months!

Surprise Baby Boy, born sleeping at 31 weeks on 9/21/14

• The only thing you can do is take it one day at a time. Each day gets you closer to the end. I started shortening at 20 weeks with DS. They put me in the hospital and then bed rest and eventually put an emergency cerclage at 25 weeks because I had shorted so much. My lengths were never over 2.5. Everything was fine after that. DS didn't come until I 40+3 (2 weeks after the stitch was removed). Just rest as much as you can....I know it's hard to do when you are restless and homesick. When I was in the hospital one of the nurses gave me a book to read. Turns out it had about 20 sequels so it gave me something to do at least.
  • ManadaManada member
    Good luck. Hopefully your LO stays in much longer. I had a cerclage placed yesterday (19 weeks), and have found that the meds to stop cramping and prevent labour have been effective so far in helping with my non-contraction, cramps.

Hopefully your hospital experience is okay. I was so thankful the nurses were lovely at our hospital, hopefully you are also getting good support.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    queer couple - 32 (me) & 33 (my love) years old - donor sperm,

Our IF/TTC journey since Nov 2012.

Me: dx of DOR in Nov. 2012. Low AMH, AFC - 6, Normal FSH, SS-A (RO) Antibodies (Autoimmune issues), tubes clear, Sono (November 2013) NORMAL! <p>

7 IUI's - December 2012-September 2013.  Medicated, Injected, Triggered.... all BFN.

My Love:  (the amazing @Healz413)
    Normal AMH & FSH, AFC ~27, blocked tube dx'd via HSG in 2012.   Hydrosalpinx & ovarian cyst dx'd in May 2013.
    dx of Stage IV Endo & bilateral salpinectomy in June 2013.  

Partner IVF#1a- December 2013 - H's eggs, my Ute - CANCELLED due to low response
    Partner IVF #1b - February 2014 - H's eggs, my Ute - ER February 4 (10 retrieved, 3 fertilized), Transfer Feb 7 of one Grade 1 and one Grade 2 day 3 embryos.  1 - Day 3, Grade 1 frosty saved.   BFP - 6dp3dt via FRER, Beta #1 - 110, Beta #2 175, Beta #3 - 348, Beta #4 - 2222!, Beta #5 - 4255.  Ultrasound (6w1d) - 2 heartbearts!  

We lost our beautiful Twin baby girls on June 18, 2014.  Tavin Sara and Casey Elizabeth were born at 21 weeks gestation and were absolutely beautiful, precious, amazing babies.  We miss our daughters every day and love them with all our hearts.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"