December 2012 Moms
Options

Dd fell down the stairs :(

Today I was upstairs with Gianna switching out all of her clothes. I had the baby gate up on the stairs, it was a temp tension one because the one I originally put up kept falling out of the wall. I was in her room and heard a boom then three thuds, I looked and saw her little body flipping down the stairs. Of course I had a heart attack ran to get her, she landed on her back and was screaming. I picked her up ran up the stairs woke up dh (he works nights) and was like get up she just fell down the stairs! She cried for maybe 5 min but we took her to the pediatric urgent care, being her pedi was closed. She got checked out and the dr said she was very lucky she didn't have a scratch or bruise on her. She just said to watch her for any odd behaviors or extreme sleepiness, then to take her to the er. That was at 1030 this am she has been acting fine all day, so I'm pretty sure she is ok. I swear this kid is giving me tons of grays. It seems every week is a new adventure with this one. If we survive her, the next one will be a piece of cake lol, but thank god she is ok!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Dd fell down the stairs :(

• Options
    Oh I also installed a new swing gate at the top of the stairs, and got it into the stud, it's a little bit angled but it works. She won't be falling anywhere anytime soon!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I am so glad she is ok, how scary! I hope you all got lots of snuggle time in and glad the new gate is up and working well. This age is making me more gray too, they are into everything. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How scary! I'm glad she's okay though. I actually just ordered a new gate for our stairs bc I'm terrified of this... It should be here on Tues thankfully.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

imageimage

• Options
    jsoubeljsoubel member
    Ack!  I live in constant fear of this.  Glad she is alright!

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Poor baby girl and mommy!  I'm so glad she's ok!!  Sending family hugs.  
  • Options
    Poor baby!  I'm glad she's ok and you too!!

We Made A Wish....

And You Came True!

• Options
    jac409jac409 member
    I live in fear of this too, even though we have gates at the top and bottom of the stairs. I am glad she is ok!
  • Options
    Having gone through this not too long ago I completely understand the fear. I still hear that awful thud noise that had me at full sprint across the living room.

So glad she's ok!
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    image image image
  • Options
    I'm glad she is okay. That is a fear of mine as well. Have you started to teach her how to go down the stairs? We have been teaching DD. I definitely don't leave her unattended by the stairs but I like her knowing how to go down. The downside is she gets really upset if we don't let her go down and her method of going down on her belly still scares me.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerAnniversary

• Options
    DD fell down the stairs a couple weeks ago too. It was so scary I was literally right behind her running but no matter how fast she was just that much ahead of me and I couldn't grab her. Same thing though not a scratch on her! Very thankful her and your DD are ok! P.S. I just moved to a one story and it is so nice to not have to worry about that happening again!

BFP#1 on 02/14/09 BIRTH to Mason 6lb9oz on 10/12/09

BFP#2 on 5/28/11 EDD 2/1/12 Natural M/C on 6/13/11

BFP#3 on 1/20/12 EDD 9/30/12 Natural m/c on 1/27/12

BFP#4 on 4/23/12 BIRTH to Isabella 7lb1oz on 12/19/12

• Options
    Glad she is okay! Must have been so scary for you both!
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"