May 2014 Moms
Options

**Monday Ticker Change**

Good Morning, Ladies! Happy Monday! If you've got a Monday baby, let's see 'em!

Week/Fruit:

How are you feeling?

Appointments/Updates?

Rants/Raves:

GTKY: What did you name/what are you planning on naming LO? What were your other top "contenders?"
Charlotte June, Born May 29, 2014
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: **Monday Ticker Change**

• Options
    Good morning, everyone! Am I the only one still pregnant??

Week/Fruit: 40/jackfruit

How are you feeling? fine, actually. Not a single sign of labor, though.

Appointments/Updates? No change at my appointment last Thursday. I've been a "fingertip" dilated for 3 weeks. Boo. This Thursday I'll have a non-stress test, too since I'll be overdue.

Rants/Raves: Rant: Baby come out, we want to meet you! Rave: DH and I had a nice, relaxing weekend as a couple--lots of long walks with the pup and nice dinners. Hopefully it was our last as just the two of us, though!

GTKY: What did you name/what are you planning on naming LO? What were your other top "contenders?" LO will be Charlotte June. Other names I liked were Lillian for a girl and James and Charles for a boy. We really didn't discuss it a whole lot, though--I always wanted Charlotte so DH just went along with me, and I let him pick the middle name! :)
    Charlotte June, Born May 29, 2014
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    hfooterhfooter member
    Week/Fruit: 40, jackfruit

How are you feeling? Very pregnant and resentful ;)

Appointments/Updates? Today I'll get my first cervical check and sweep. Hopefully that gets things moving!

Rants/Raves: I'm still pregnant! I want this kid out!

GTKY: What did you name/what are you planning on naming LO? What were your other top "contenders?" Clayton Lee. There were no other contenders.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Morning! Hang in there ladies with inside babies! 

Week/Fruit: Baby is 2 weeks old today!

How are you feeling? Tired, but very happy.

Appointments/Updates? 
    His next appointment is at the 2 month mark, and mine is at 6 weeks PP. He's eating constantly still, and is staying awake for longer stretches of time. He won't let me put him down, so I've started wearing him in my K'tan wrap. It's pretty awesome, and I can't wait to figure out how to nurse him in it and take him places so we can get out of the house. 

Rants/Raves: 
    Rant: I wish he'd sleep longer stretches at night and go down easier. Right now he wakes up every 2 hours to eat, and he eats for about 30 minutes and then takes forever settle so I can put him back down to sleep. Also, every time I change him he starts pooping again. I've gone through so many unnecessary diapers because I can't seem to gage the right moment to change him! We might need to buy more prefolds so I'm not doing diaper laundry every day!
    Rave: He's so freaking cute and I'm so overwhelmed with how much I love him. So happy :)

GTKY: What did you name/what are you planning on naming LO? What were your other top "contenders?" 
    We named him Simon. Other top contenders were Henry (mine) and Dante (DH's). I really like Simon though, and it suites him perfectly.

BFP #1 7.16.13 | EDD 3.27.14  | MC 7.29.13
    BFP #2 8.28.13 | EDD 5.5.14 | Simon Francis, Due Date Baby!

• Options
    lv2011lv2011 member
    Week/Fruit:  39/ watermelon

How are you feeling?  Discouraged :(

Appointments/Updates?  Found out this morning that little girl decided to flip into breech position after being head down this whole time. Going in tomorrow to try an ECV (external cephalic version) and may or may not end up having her then.

Rants/Raves:  :( = was not prepared for this morning's news. Was not really prepared for a c-section, and wanted to try the "natural birth" route. And roofers working this week....ughhhh. Do not want to bring a newborn home to this noise!  :) = She may be here tomorrow! As worried and unprepared as I am with this news, I'm excited that I may meet her so soon. FX the ECV works and we can still try for a vaginal delivery- but obviously her safety is paramount.

GTKY: What did you name/what are you planning on naming LO? What were your other top "contenders?" Name in siggy: Genevieve Renee. We were toying with Evangeline, Maeve, and Johanna, but Genevieve won. We call her Evie :)
    BabyName Tickerimage  BabyFruit Ticker  
    DD born 2/3/03
    BFP 3/21/13 w/ EDD 12/02/13, C/P 3/29/13.
    BFP 9/18/13 w/ EDD 5/26/14,
    Beta #1 @ 14-16dpo = 375, progesterone 33.6
    Beta #2 @ 20-22 dpo = 8,782!
    Beta #3 @ 27-29dpo = 44,230, dx subchorionic hemorrhage/ threatened mc
    Beta #4 @ 29-31dpo = 72, 080 :)
    Grow, little one, grow!

***** All  AL  Welcome *****

• Options
    edited May 2014
    Week/Fruit: Kaelyn is 3w 2d

How are you feeling? Great!

Appointments/Updates? 1 month is next Tuesday

Rants/Raves: rave: made a "moby" wrap. DD loves it! Now I can finally get things done.

GTKY: What did you name/what are you planning on naming LO? What were your other top "contenders?" We named DD Kaelyn Everly. Our top four were Kaelyn, Alice, Anna, and Rachel.

No idea why this pic is upside down...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Week/Fruit: 39 weeks/pumpkin

How are you feeling? 39 weeks pregnant....is there any other feeling. 

Appointments/Updates? Went in Saturday for False Labor, still not progressing. 39 week appointment tomorrow, discussing what the plan is. 

Rants/Raves:
    Rant: My body just hurts and I can't deal......I'm so tired during the day and so awake at night. Makes for an interesting mom life.

Rave: My family is so helpful, they always want to come over and help with DD, they helped with her birthday party yesterday. 

His name will be Zachary Joseph M.

Our other contenders were: Wyatt, Samuel, Alexander, or Noah.........

• Options
    Week/Fruit: 39/watermelon

How are you feeling? Pretty good considering how pregnant I am. I have random cramps & contractions now. I had the worst poop of my life yesterday because I forgot to take my stool softeners for a couple of days. OMG. It brought tears to my eyes. It was horrible.

Appointments/Updates? On Friday my doctor asked me when I would like to schedule my induction (I hit 39 weeks and the plan was to induce between 39 and 40 weeks). So I chose Wednesday, since my replacement is coming in on Tuesday and I'd like to sit with her one more time. So I'm on the schedule for Wednesday! I'm very excited but I do get moments of terror. I'm not afraid of labor and birth, I'm afraid of how much our lives are about to change.

I'm also worried that the birth will overwhelm me mentally/emotionally and I won't stay in the moment and remember it. You know how some things are so huge & surreal you just float away? I don't want that to happen! I will focus on my husband if I start to do that.

Rants/Raves: :) = Henry is coming in a couple of days! Also, on Friday I was 50% effaced and a little bit dilated and I've had more cramping/mild contractions since then so I'm happy my body is finally doing something. Also, after he's here I won't have diabetes anymore!! :( = I don't really have any this week!

GTKY: What did you name/what are you planning on naming LO? What were your other top "contenders?" We are naming him Henry. Thomas was the other choice, and we were going to wait until he arrived to choose one. But as I posted about a few weeks ago, we found out there is a 2nd cousin Thomas [our last name] in Nebraska who was in the news for some criminal stuff. We don't want our son to have the same name as the family "bad seed." It would've been more OK if it was some random dude who happened to have our name, but the fact that it was a cousin sealed the deal. If Henry was a girl, I had chosen Marian, after my favorite grandmother who passed away in 1995.

imageimageimage
    H e n r y  May 21, 2014

• Options
    andoll8andoll8 member
    Week/Fruit: 42/1 week post-partum

How are you feeling? Tired, emotional, overwhelmed, but mostly happy and lovey.

Appointments/Updates? Abrahm had his one week appt today. He was 8lbs 3 oz at birth, and lost over 11% of his body weight over 5 days in hospital. We had to supplement for a few days to get his weight on track.

Rants/Raves: Rant: my nips hurt like a sonofabitch! Rave: weighed in at pedi today: Abrahm gained 10oz over the weekend. He's going to be such a chunk!

GTKY: What did you name/what are you planning on naming LO? What were your other top "contenders?" We were team green, so if he was a girl he would have been Ibolya June.
  • Options
    awknycawknyc member
    Week/Fruit: 42 weeks/ 4 days old

How are you feeling? Tired, in pain, but in love!

Appointments/Updates? Contractions started on Monday and I ended up going into the hospital late Wednesday night with cx every 5 min. I was 4 cm and 90% effaced. They admitted me and I got an epidural. I had to get pitocin to get to 10cm which took forever. I ended up pushing at 4pm and our daughter was born at 5:50pm!

Rants/Raves: Rants: holy hell I am in so much pain! I had 2nd degree tearing and the stitches and swelling are killing me. Wondering when there will be any relief soon! Raves: Just nice to finally to meet the baby. My mom is flying out on Wednesday to stay with us for 10 days, cannot wait for her to meet her!

GTKY: What did you name/what are you planning on naming LO? What were your other top "contenders?" We named her Dylan, it's been my top baby name for the past 5 years and thankfully DH liked it also. There weren't many other contenders, maybe Jessa but my sister immediately told me her distaste for the name so there wasn't much contest.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Week/Fruit: 4 weeks old today

How are you feeling? I'm ok. My incision keeps opening and closing I'm not sure why, but there's no signs of infection so at least there is that.

Appointments/Updates? Caroline has an appointment on Wednesday. She's been having some trouble getting the bottle in her mouth.

Rants/Raves:

Oliver was always Oliver, but we considered Henry as a middle name as well as Benjamin. We went with Benjamin just because it's DHs name. Caroline could have been Eleanor or Nora, but her middle name, Marjorie was always the same.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

imageimage

• Options
    Week: 41 and LO is 0 days old - I was induced today!

Feeling: Sore (2nd degree tearing) and a bit sad because Colin is in the NICU and not with us. (I posted his birth story).

Rave: our baby is here!!!

GTKY: Colin was really the only name we both loved. My husband thought of Mackenzie as a middle name and I fell in love with the combo. Eli Harrison was our backup name, but I think we both were 100% committed to Colin by month 7 of my pregnancy. We put it on the wall above his crib in April, so we knew that was it.
    When Fluff Mail Arrives:
  • Options
    Week/Fruit: Brennan is 2 weeks old ( yesterday on Monday I'm a day late)

How are you feeling?
    Pretty good a little overwhelmed once in a while taking care of 2 kids while my husband works
    Appointments/Updates? He has a dr appt this Friday I think since he had jaundice

Rants/Raves:
    My husband is my rant... Thinking he could try to be a little more helpful / had a nice sunny day to finally enjoy and weighed myself down 20 lbs :)
    Yes was set on namefor a while even though sometimes when I look at him not sure if he looks like a Brennan. I really loved the name Brayden but my nephew is Aiden so I didn't want too similar
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"