August 2014 Moms
Options

[5/12] Aug '14 PGAL Weekly Check-In @)-->-----

Welcome to the August ‘14 PgAL Check-In! 
This is a weekly check-in for women who are due in the month of August (or thereabouts) and have suffered a previous pregnancy loss.  Being pregnant after a loss can produce a mix of emotions.  This check-in is intended to provide support while we make our way through each trimester. 
If your EDD has changed, please let me know.  I try to pay attention to the board and get the latest update, but apologies if I missed out and I'm posting outdated info.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDD (if this is your first time on the check in): 
How many weeks are you:
How are you feeling (physically/emotionally):
Upcoming appointments or milestones:
What's been going down this past week:
GTKY: How was your Mother's Day?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@arusso07 - 8/15/2014 - How are things going?
@babypants11 - 8/7/2014 - How are things going this week?
@bkroxfan003 - 8/21/2014 - How did your appt go last week?
@borstad - 8/30/2014 - What's been happening?
@caybeh - 8/3/2014 - How are things going?
@Elbug - 8/2/2014 - How was your GTT Saturday?
@esmith10 - 8/16/2014 - How was your appt last week?
@ginny5683 - 8/8/2014 - What's going on?
@KaleMonster - 8/4/2014 - When is your therapist appt?  I'm interested to know how it goes.
@kountingsheep - 8/24/2014 - How did your appt go last week?
@Lena76 - 8/22/2014 - How did your appt go last week?
@lingchow8655 - 7/31/2014 - How was your appt last week?  What did your OB say about leave?
@luvbrettnizzy - 8/24/2014 - Have fun at your appt today!
@MamaTugboat - 8/6/2014 - You have your glucose test this week?
@mdarmetko - 8/7/2014 - Hey! That's me!
@MeganEMcG5 - 8/6/2014 - Good luck at your appt this week!
@megknyc - 8/10/2014 - What's going on?
@mhiester314 - 8/7/2014 - What's been happening?
@mmsweeney1 - 8/23/2014 - How did the glucose test go?
@MorganElise511 - 8/12/2014 - What's going on?
@MrsDeo - 8/21/2014 - How are things?
@muffin87 - 8/9/2014 - Good luck at your mw appt.  FX for great GD results!
@mv9310 - 8/22/2014 - How did your appt go Friday?
@Pink021 - 8/6/2014 - Did you get the results back from the 3 hour test?
@Ptarma - 8/23/2014 - Have fun at your appt this week!
@Russiandea12 - 8/10/2014 - What's going on?
@tahitiansun - 8/18/2014 - What's been happening?
@Third&goal - 8/18/2014 - How are things?
@XpectingTwinnies - 8/11/2014 - What's going on?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image  image
BFP 5/08/13 -- EDD 1/15/14 -- slow hb@7wks d&c 6/07/13
BFP 8/12/13 -- EDD 4/20/14 -- no fetal pole @7wksnatural m/c 9/16/13, cytotec 10/17 & 10/22
BFP 11/26/13 -- EDD 8/07/14 -- Born 7/24/14!

Re: [5/12] Aug '14 PGAL Weekly Check-In @)-->-----

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    How many weeks are you: 27 weeks, Rutabaga
    How are you feeling (physically/emotionally): Pretty good. Having trouble sleeping, up 2-3x per night then waking up exhausted.
    Upcoming appointments or milestones: Apt next Wed, 28 weeks.
    What's been going down this past week: A good week, but nothing too crazy.  The next 3-4 weeks will be very busy.
    GTKY: How was your Mother's Day? It was great.  My DS gave me the best gift of all SLEEP.  He slept in till after 10 AM, and it was amazing.  Later we walked around the mall where I got a few more maternity summer clothes, played putt putt and went to dinner.

• Options
    Thanks for the update thread @mdarmetko‌ ! I am 28 weeks today and currently sitting in the waiting room in hour 2.5 of my 3-hour glucose test... yep, I failed the 1 hour on Thursday. Go me. Nothing new except for aches are coming on in areas I haven't felt before. Sleeping is a luxury that I don't get much of since it's up to the bathroom and awake to roll over... but it is practice! Mother's Day was uneventful but good. DH bought me a card that said he couldn't wait for us to be parents... totally cute! Glad to hear you ladies are doing well!
    Actively TTC since 01/11
    Me: 06/12 Dx w/ IR PCOS (rx 2000 metformin) DH: SA all clear; looking good
    06/12-10/12- Clomid/Femara + trigger + TI + P4 = 3 BFNs, hysteroscopy, polypectomy, D&C
    11/12 - 7.5 mg Femara + trigger + IUI + P4 = BFN
    12/12 - Surprise BFP ectopic (MTX 01/13)
    04/13 - Off the Bench! 7.5 mg Femara + trigger + IUI #2 + estradiol + P4 = BFN
    05/13 Clear HSG-5 mg Femara + Menopur + trigger + IUI #3 + P4 = BFP ectopic (MTX 07/03 & 07/11)
    07/23 emergency lap to remove ectopic mass and left tube
    10/13 5mg Femara + Menopur + trigger + TI(follie on left/no IUI)=BFN
    11/13 Same as above but BFP!
    Beta #1 12dpo-51     Beta #2 15dpo-178
    12/5- There's something in my ute!!
    Keaton Alexander is here 07/24/2014 !!
  • Options
    caybehcaybeh member
    How many weeks/fruit? 28 weeks 1 day/ eggplant

How are you feeling? Pretty typical for this far along! I've started to notice shortness of breath. All the sudden, I'll just feel like I can't take a deep breath. She must just cram into my rib cage or something. DH said I would complain about that when I was pregnant with DS too. It's getting harder to roll out of bed, just stuff like that. Emotionally, I'm excited and can't believe that I am almost done already. Yikes!

Upcoming appointments: 5/20 GD test and MW appointment

What's been going on this week? We were at my IL's for the weekend. DS had so much fun with Grandma and Grandpa. The weather was actually nice for a change, so we spent a lot of time outside at the park and taking walks.

How was your Mother's Day? It was good. When we got back last night, my guys took me out for supper. Then we went on a little walk around the block. DH and DS bought me flowers last Thurs since we were going to be gone over the weekend.

BFP with #2- Sept 6, 2013  EDD May 20, 2014   MC Sept 26, 2013 @ 6 wks 2 days

• Options
    NSAbbyNSAbby member
    How many weeks are you:  26.5wks
    How are you feeling (physically/emotionally):  Right now, I'm tired.  I spent all morning outside.
    Upcoming appointments or milestones: I have some bloodwork on Wednesday, if that counts!
    What's been going down this past week: I am at a joint training event for emergency responders, running the medical triage
    It was great.  DH and one of my friends came up to spend it with us, and we did a balloon release to remember the twins.

Baby Girl born 7/9/2014 at 34.5wks

• Options
    @mdarmetko- Things are going pretty well! Thanks for asking.

How many weeks are you: 26 wks

How are you feeling (physically/emotionally): Emotionally pretty good. Physically, I have just recently started having major acid reflux issues. I get nauseous a lot so the doctor recommended more protein like a spoon of PB. I have been eating PB crackers but I still get sick every time I eat. I don't want to be a complaining whiny ass but if anyone has any suggestions I am all for them. :( 

Upcoming appointments or milestones: Next Monday is my one hour glucose test.

What's been going down this past week: We had some major storms where I lived which caused a lot of flooding, including our basement. Ugh!

GTKY: How was your Mother's Day? Wonderful, got to sit and watch a movie with my feet propped up!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    How many weeks are you: 26w5d

How are you feeling (physically/emotionally): Just ok. Some days are better than others. I'm struggling more and more with sleep which is frustrating, though I knew it was coming. It seems no matter how tired I feel, I can't fall asleep without walking around for 20 minutes, getting a snack and drinking something. Emotionally I'm getting more and more anxious and excited. I'm still not sure how we'll adjust to 2, and I'm beginning to feel sad for DS since I know how much his world will be changing, but I'm also so excited to meet this little lady.

Upcoming appointments or milestones: Routine and GD on Wednesday morning

What's been going down this past week: H was gone most of the week on a rafting trip, so it was a quiet week with just DS and me.

GTKY: How was your Mother's Day? Eh, it was just ok. H decided to meet up with some old coworkers after he got off shift on Friday morning (he works 24 hour shifts as a fire fighter) and had breakfast with them. I was a little miffed that he didn't feel the need to spend that time with us, especially since he had been gone all week. He did come home with 2 bouquets, though, so that was nice. The weather was beautiful, so we spent most of the day outside. We went to my mom's for dinner and I ended up getting into it with my step dad who was yelling at my 3 year old for "provoking" their 2 yappy dogs. My kid was simply running around like 3 year olds do. I know he isn't a parent, and those dogs are like his kids, but he needs to rethink how he speaks to MY child and I made that very clear. It was awkward and I left immediately after him scolding Maddox for jumping on the couch. I feel bad for my mom, but I'm just not going to put up with that. Long story short, my Mother's Day could've been better!

• Options
    Lena76Lena76 member
    Weeks- 25

Feeling- oh the back pain! I blame my giant boobs! Emotionally pretty good. Nothing like a good dr's appt to ease any lingering fears. But I did have a crazy emotional meltdown Saturday- darm hormones.

Upcoming appts- ultrasound, glucose test and in check up 5/30

Past week- goodness we've been busy! Son transitioned beautifully to his "big boy" room. So thankful for that! Dr's appt went well. On the work front, I'll be part time as of July 1 and will officially become a SAHM August 1. Working hard to help hire my replacement.

GTKY- Mother's Day was great. DS made me the cutest necklace. MH and DS spent the day with my MIL so I got to take a nap and watch a movie- heaven!
  • Options
    @mdarmetko Glucose test was uneventful but no results yet - I guess I will hear at my appointment on Friday.

How many weeks are you: 25 weeks! moving right along...

How are you feeling (physically/emotionally): Physically I am doing great, but all my worries are really getting to me!!

Upcoming appointments or milestones: MFM on Friday and ultrasound 5/27

What's been going down this past week: We found out on Friday that our baby has a velamentous cord insertion, meaning her cord attaches to the membrane that holds the amniotic fluid instead of directly into the placenta. This can cause issues with the baby's nutrition and growth and also makes delivery dangerous because her cord is basically not protected. Our OB and MFM both don't seem too concerned but I just CANNOT imagine getting to the end and losing another baby. We were planning early induction anyway to avoid the problems we had last time, but now I'm not sure what the plan is. I have my first ultrasound to check her growth in a couple of weeks. We'll have continued monitoring until the end of pregnancy (growth scans and NSTs). Scary...

GTKY: How was your Mother's Day?  It was a beautiful weekend here, so I got some sun and enjoyed myself and tried not to dwell too much on our son or all this new information to digest.

Sorry for the long post!

first son stillborn 7/20/13 at 39 weeks due to Acute Fatty Liver of Pregnancy
    It's a girl! Baby Anna was born August 3, 2014!

• Options
    How many weeks are you: 26 today!

How are you feeling (physically/emotionally):
    No complaints on the pregnancy front- feeling (and seeing!) baby girl move constantly, so that is always relief :)

Upcoming appointments or milestones:
    Routine appt 6/2

Not too much, just been working on the nursery and some other home projects. I am also trying to finish up organizing/scrap booking photos so it's all done before the baby comes.

GTKY: How was your Mother's Day? Mother's Day was great- we went to breakfast and took DS to the zoo....although DS climbed out of his crib (for the first time) at 2:30 am last night and he refused to stay in it after that. He FINALLY went back to sleep at 7 am. Looks like we are moving to the toddler bed tonight....hoping there is more sleep in my future!

@mdarmetko‌ - thanks for the check-in, hope you are well!!! :)

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    borstadborstad member
    edited May 2014
    How many weeks are you: 24 weeks
    How are you feeling (physically/emotionally): physically I'm feeling good. Some days I don't even feel pregnant. Some days I'm a little uncomfortable but not bad. Emotionally I'm good too. Took some tags off baby clothes and put them away finally.
    Upcoming appointments or milestones: I have check ups every 2 wks now. My appt last week I got chewed out for not checking my blood sugar often enough. Truth is I just forget (baby brain and all..) but the dr pretty much accused me of either a) not caring or b) trying to hide the fact that I sit around and eat candy bars all day (his words not mine). It irritated me bc I've been doing this diabetes diet for 18 weeks and have never had bad numbers. I don't think it's a big deal if I take a nap and miss a finger prick occasionally. Sorry for venting!!
    It was great! My dd made me a card with her handprints on it. We celebrated early bc I had to work on Mother's Day. We went out to eat. Then after work Sunday I came home to flowers and cupcakes and a foot spa :) best Mother's Day ever.
  • Options
    Sorry for responding so late ladies!  Work's been a beast lately.

@arusso07 - The acid reflex has kicked up for me too.  It's even worken me up from sleep!
    @bkroxfan003 - The weather in CO is so crazy.  70s on Saturday, snowing on Sunday.  I still can't get use to it!
    @borstad - Ugh, I'd be annoyed at your dr's comment too.  Since it's profession to treat pregnant women, he should know not to be such an ass.
    @caybeh - I've noticed shortness of breath as well.  I've really had to cut down on workouts.
    @Elbug - Congrats on passing your glucose test!  I've heard of older siblings regressing a bit in behavior or acting like babies when there is a new one on the way.  My niece would constantly ask to be held like a baby right before her sister was born.
    @KaleMonster - I hear ya!  It's hard learning how to move around this belly!
    @kountingsheep - Glad to hear your appt went well.  That's very thoughtful of your DH.  Great gifts!
    @Lena76 - I started to consciously trying to tuck my tailbone and it's helped my back pain a lot… but not 100%
    @MamaTugboat - Good luck on your test!
    @MeganEMcG5 - Just like you adjusted to 1 and can't imagine how it was without him, you'll adjust to 2 :D
    @mmsweeney1 - Sorry, that is some scary stuff.  How early will you be induced?
    @MorganElise511 - Yes, Mother's Day is tricky for us at this stage, especially us PgAL moms.  Next year we'll be a sure thing ;)
    @MrsDeo - Sorry Mother's Day was a mix of emotions for you.  Hope you're feeling better.
    @muffin87 - Will you be becoming a SAHM?
    @mv9310 - Good luck on your glucose test!
    @NSAbby - I read about your tribute.  I was very thoughtful.
    @Pink021 - Wow, I'm so sorry you are still dealing with nausea.  Sorry you have to deal wit the GD too :(.  It'll all be worth in in Aug!
    @Ptarma - Glad you got in a nap with how tired you've been.  Sorry about the breakdown.  It happens to the best of us.
    @Russiandea12 - That is the best sleep.  I don't think I've heard of a child below the age of a teenager sleeping for that long.
    @Soon-To-BeMrs.P - Eek, sorry you failed the 1 hour test.  Hopefully this one goes better.
    @tahitiansun - I'm doing photo book projects too!  I'm almost done with 2013 and trying to stay on top of my Pregnancy Journal I'm making so I won't have much to do when she is here.  2014 is going to be a huge book :D

image  image
    BFP 8/12/13 -- EDD 4/20/14 -- no fetal pole @7wksnatural m/c 9/16/13, cytotec 10/17 & 10/22
  • Options
    @ginny5683‌ -- sending hugs to you and your family. What an incredibly tough time!
    Actively TTC since 01/11
    Me: 06/12 Dx w/ IR PCOS (rx 2000 metformin) DH: SA all clear; looking good
    06/12-10/12- Clomid/Femara + trigger + TI + P4 = 3 BFNs, hysteroscopy, polypectomy, D&C
    11/12 - 7.5 mg Femara + trigger + IUI + P4 = BFN
    12/12 - Surprise BFP ectopic (MTX 01/13)
    04/13 - Off the Bench! 7.5 mg Femara + trigger + IUI #2 + estradiol + P4 = BFN
    05/13 Clear HSG-5 mg Femara + Menopur + trigger + IUI #3 + P4 = BFP ectopic (MTX 07/03 & 07/11)
    07/23 emergency lap to remove ectopic mass and left tube
    10/13 5mg Femara + Menopur + trigger + TI(follie on left/no IUI)=BFN
    11/13 Same as above but BFP!
    Beta #1 12dpo-51     Beta #2 15dpo-178
    12/5- There's something in my ute!!
    Keaton Alexander is here 07/24/2014 !!
  • Options
    How many weeks are you: 27w5d
    How are you feeling (physically/emotionally): good! Sleeping is definitely getting rough, between my hips hurting and having to pee a bazillion times a night.
    Upcoming appointments or milestones: GD test on Monday, along with my 28 week appt.
    What's been going down this past week: we had my grandmother's funeral on Saturday. That was tough, but I'm trying to keep my head up and keep things in perspective.
    GTKY: How was your Mother's Day? It was so nice! DH took dd and let me sleep in, then we went out for breakfast. We had my family over for dinner that night, which was great. DD had a fabulous day and was a total sweetheart the entire time.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @MrsDeo @mdarmetko We were planning an induction around 38 weeks since I lost my first baby right after that point. Now my doctor and MFM are both ok with still inducing, but I am pretty scared. One of the problems with the cord is it can cause the baby's heart rate to really go down during contractions. Worst case scenario is that it can rupture during contractions or when your water breaks and cause the baby to bleed to death (!!) so now....... I am thinking c-section just to be safe.

It's been really scary AND today I found out I didn't pass the one hour glucose test. When it rains it pours I guess :(

first son stillborn 7/20/13 at 39 weeks due to Acute Fatty Liver of Pregnancy
    It's a girl! Baby Anna was born August 3, 2014!

• Options
    I'm still here! Sorry I missed last week, EDD 8/14/2014, thanks for the check in!
    How many weeks are you: 26w4d 
    How are you feeling (physically/emotionally): I'm starting to have some back pain and I've had a headache for 2 days and checked my BP this morning and it was a little high. I was on bedrest due to HBP with DS the last 6-8 weeks so I'm hoping it isn't starting up this early!
    Upcoming appointments or milestones: I have my 28 wk appt next Wed and I passed my GD test at my last appt, also DH was able to feel the baby for the first time this weekend.
    What's been going down this past week: We took a long weekend to the beach for Mother's Day and it was awesome! Also had someone to come and look at my grandmothers antique bedroom set that will be used in this LO's room to refinish it, we should get the price on that this week to get it started. 
    GTKY: How was your Mother's Day? Spent a long weekend at the beach with DH and DS, we went to breakfast on the way home and the restaurant gave all moms a flower. DS told me later that night that I needed a really giant flower for being his mother. Melted my heart! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @babypants11 - Again, my condolences to you and your family on the loss of your grandmother.  It must have been very hard to deal with given the timing and all.
    @bamanichole - Congrats on passing your glucose test!  Your son is too cute :D
    @esmith10 - Congrats on passing your glucose test!
    @ginny5683 - How, that's a lot to handle.  Hopefully the baby's kidneys are back to normal so you don't need to add that news on top of everything.  FX for you!
    @luvbrettnizzy - I forgot about my foam roller! Thanks for the reminder!

image  image
  • Options
    Hello and thank you for the chek in..

How many weeks are you: 27w2d

How are you feeling (physically/emotionally): it's been tough.. Tougher than I expected pregnancy to be.. After 6yrs IF and our previous loses I hoped things would be normalish when we got pg.. It hasn't been the case and my emotions are all over the place, I'm thrilled and grateful that my babies are doing ok.. But my self image is down the drains and I don't know what to do about that.. I have this why me? Feeling that I can not get past and then I'm scared of losing the babies this far along or something else going wrong.. It's nerve wrecking really.. I know I can't face another sadness and it drives me crazy to not be able to be certain that all will be ok (even though thank god nothing in babies' signals a worry)..

Upcoming appointments or milestones: I'm looking forward to 28 wks which is when they do reanimation and try to help babies here in FR if I was to go into labor.. We have our 28w appt too and I'm expecting the rhogam shot (will have to remind my OB though), and also will have a checkup with the endocrinologist..

What's been going down this past week: last couple of weeks have been tough.. Turns out I didn't pass the glucose test.. So I have GD.. Right now I'm trying to handle it with diet.. Picking my fingers has not been fun.. Blood sugar levels are all over the place and sometimes turn up high with random meals, two days in a row I had Special K for breakfast and readings were low one day and super high the next.. I'm feeling hungry and I am afraid to eat (snack a cookie or something).. I am normally not a sweets kind of girl but I've been craving a chocolate cake.. Won't have it though.. Also it turned out in hypothyroid so I've been put on thyroid meds.. I'm hoping that will help with my hair a bit.. It's been a week now.. All this was detected and diagnosed by the endocrinologist, I showed the same blood tests to my OB the day before my endocrinologist appointment and he dismissed them (sugar + thyroid) saying since I have not gained much weight, GD was a non issue, and my thyroid levels were of no concern.. He even suggested I just wanted to be medicated and asked why? I was shocked, who would want to be medicated just because?? I told him I just want to be healthy, and he said oh you are.. Next day endocrinologist says no you're not, and thyroid issues can be very dangerous for babies health.. So my confidence with OB has plummeted.. I'm feeling left alone by him in this pregnancy and just grateful that babies are doing good since I really don't feel he stays on top of things.. I found another OB but the only appointment I could get here was on June 10 at the hospital.. I feel as if I'm mainly in god's hands more than anything since there are no options OB wise.. He seemed very competent but I fear he over trusts his experience and just sees everything as normal since he has seen so many ladies before.. I am more hands on.. I also went to a dermatologist for the hair and more of the same it's normal for some women (I've never heard of this happen to anyone else).. She said hair will come back eventually, and to maybe consider skipping bf so it happens sooner rather than later, so that is a sad thing to consider, I want to fb but I'm going crazy so what should I do?? She said formulas now are a great option and that she strongly recommends it.. But I feel like I owe my boys the best start possible.. But also I want to feel pretty and ladylike again and be happy with myself when I look in the mirror.. Oh dear..

GTKY: How was your Mother's Day? It was ok.. Mixed feelings.. Got some nice messages from friends and family, but I feel like it's not really Mother's Day until next year for me hopefully..

• Options
    mdarmetko: DS is definately not a morning person.  He has always preferred to stay up late then sleep in.

• Options
    XpectingTwinnies
    Wow, what a roller coaster.  I'm sorry there is so much going on and you are not having the relaxing pregnancy you deserve.  

Of course it is natural to have fear of losing the twins, especially given your past, but I hope you find some solace in the fact that you are so far along and beginning your 3rd trimester!  Hopefully your 28 week appointment will give you some reassurance that they are doing great and could do great even if premature labor where to happen for some reason.  

I'm so sorry that you are getting 2 different stories from your doctors.  I agree that trusting your instincts and switching OBs is the right choice.  If you aren't feeling great with this new guy either, I wouldn't stop your search.  I switched practices AGAIN a few weeks ago and I know a few women who switched around later than we are.  My doula switched doctors at 34 weeks pregnant.  Perhaps your endocrinologist, who you trust, can recommend someone?  

As far as BF goes, it is quite a dilemma.  We've all heard about how wonderful BF can be for your babies, so your decision is definitely very hard.  However, if you really want to BF, I recommend you think of it like this:  the effects of BF can last your boys a lifetime, whereas your hair loss issue is just temporary.  We will sacrifice a lot for our little ones (and you obviously already have now and over the past few years).  This may just be another drop in the bucket for all the sacrifices you will make for them.  

I really feel for you XT, and I hope things get brighter for you soon.

image  image
  • Options
    megknycmegknyc member
    How many weeks are you: I am now 28 weeks bc I am late in my reply this week. ;)

How are you feeling (physically/emotionally): Starting to hit my wall.

Upcoming appointments or milestones: Continued MFM weekly appts and OB every 2. Lots of time clocking in at the Dr.

What's been going down this past week: I passed my GD test! I was convinced I had it with my 98 percentile babies. MFM said I am having some funneling, so hoping these babies stay put as long as possible. OB wants me to consider starting STD as I am measuring full term now (the joys of twins - going to start to work from home more).

GTKY: How was your Mother's Day? It was nice. Although my husband offered to cook the brunch then decided that it wouldnt come out as good, so I cooked up a storm and had to take a long nap in the afternoon. I think my MIL and Mother appreciated the effort though and they got to see our new place (we moved 4 weeks ago to an apt in the same complex)
    It's a boy and a girl!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"