July 2012 Moms

Throwing food/drinks

I am at wits END with Tucker, to the point where I have to continuously walk away from him before I explode. He throws EVERYTHING.  It doesn't matter if its his favorite thing to eat, if he's only taken 1 bite or is almost done, etc.  I am so sick of cleaning up the floor, the dogs, him, the tables, the walls.  Everything is constantly splattered with whatever he's eating.  I have a feeling this has something to do with having a new baby around.  I've tried everything; I sit with him while he eats, I sit somewhere else, I have the baby nearby, baby in another room, we've tried having him eat at the kitchen table in his booster seat/not in his booster seat, we let him sit at his little art table to eat, we've done time out, I've made him clean up the messes and nothing is working.  Not only am I going to lose my mind if I don't find a solution, but I'm also afraid I'm totally going to lose it on him.  Has anyone found anything that works??  I am desparate for help!
imageimage
imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Throwing food/drinks

• lada85lada85 member
    I used to have to sit with LO and only put one piece of food in his plate at a time. He wasn't quite as into throwin as you explained but he sure made his messes. Limiting his food might hope out and if he's doing better give him a few at a time and see how it goes. I hope he gets better!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Mira does this sometimes more so on days where she's overtired. We do what others suggested and take her plate away. She gets very upset when we do that but once she's calm if she's hungry she'll say sorry eat please and then we'll only give her a bite or two at a time. Hugs it is very frustrating.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"