Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Vomits after baby food???

My daughter is almost 7 months old. I started her on rice oatmeal and bananas about a month ago with no issues. I gave her sweet potatoes once and she had a small reaction of red, hot cheeks. I cut everything off. A little over a week ago I tried the cereal and bananas again and she started vomiting a few hours later. Thinking it was just a bug, I stopped the feelings again. Today I tried just a little cereal and bananas and, again, she started vomiting. Has anyone had this occur in their LO? They developed a reaction to something they were fine with before? It breaks my heart to see her like this. She is exclusively BF until this point. She's my third and I've never had this happen before. I did start my others on food a lot earlier :/ Thanks for any advice!!!

Re: Vomits after baby food???

• Pink714Pink714 member
    I really don't know why I stopped everything...probably my mom making me feel guilty that she wasn't ready. Which was stupid...but that's a whole other thread... I mix store bought gerber bananas with oatmeal and breastmilk. She's vomiting 2-3 hours after she eats it :/
  • I'm sorry for your LO;(
    My 5.3 months old projectile vomited two days ago after feeding him oatmeal cereal. I found him in his crib, around 8pm, all pale and weak, but responsive. He continued throwing up and be very weak, so that triggered a 911 call. He was taken to the H and given IV fluids. He is also on BM only.He's fine now. But no more cereal for us!
    However, IMO, vomiting is their's body way of telling us that there is something not right with the food, the choice etc. perhaps her digestive system is not mature enough for solids???
    Remember there are babies out there still on only BM until 12 m and they grow up just fine.
  • Loading the player...
  • ewiwooewiwoo member
    My son is 8 months today and he does not eat any meats or poultry. Everytme we try he gags and if i mix it with mangos(his favorite) he will eat it but throw up after a couple of hours. I noticed that everytime I feed him meats or polutry he will throw them up, I usually try to mix them with vegies but he won't eat them. I will stop feeding it to him and just do veggies and fruits. I have drs app in a month will see what he says.  Maybe they are just not ready for it.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary
  • Great choice @ewiwoo!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"