Baby Showers

Co-ed shower/Baby-Q/etc. and gift opening

2»

Re: Co-ed shower/Baby-Q/etc. and gift opening

• @RedFirePhoenix25 said:
    It was my idle tired post, and the damn car seats have been annoying me the most lately because I can't decide what to get. :D
    This just came out a few weeks ago.  We originally were going to get a Britax, but based on this we ended up getting the Chicco.

https://www.consumerreports.org/cro/news/2014/04/5-best-car-seats-for-your-baby/index.htm

Me 31 ~ DH 30
    IVF/FET #1 - BFP!!
    <3 CJW 6/15/2014 <3
    DX - PCOS 2004
    FET #2 - scheduled for 11/24/15
  • Darbie914 said:
    Guise, don't you know that every experienced mom has the EXACT same experience?  All of our kids are the same!
    Sure seems like the experiences are quite similar when it comes to how much clothing to buy.
    Me 31 ~ DH 30
    IVF/FET #1 - BFP!!
    <3 CJW 6/15/2014 <3
    DX - PCOS 2004
    FET #2 - scheduled for 11/24/15
  • Loading the player...
  • You also never know how LO is going to grow. DD was 6lbs 14oz at birth, but has been at 10th% ever since. She wore NB clothes until about 4mo and has been 1 or more sizes "behind" ever since. She's almost 2.5 and wears 18mo tops and 12mo pants/shorts. I'm glad we had tons of clothes in the smaller sizes because not only did I not have to do laundry all the time, but it was nice to have a variety since she wore each size for so long.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Married 1/2/99.
    TTC since 4/09.
    Diagnosed PCOS. Diagnosed Hypothryoid 11/09.
    SHG & SA normal. PCOS Research study started 5/10.
    Clomid/Femara cycle #1 - 6/10 = BFN
    Clomid/Femara cycle #2 - 7/10 = BFP #1 - Missed miscarriage 9/2/10
    11/12 - BFP #2 - 11/22 - m/c
    5/1/11 - BFP #3 - Pre-eclampsia, IUGR & bed rest from 32w. DD born via induction 1/4/12.
  • This is another reason I think co-ed barbecues are lame alternatives to traditional baby showers. Yeah, it's awkward to expect a big crowd of boozing dudes to sit around nicely and watch you ooh and ahh over baby things, but that's exactly why that is the wrong atmosphere for a baby shower! To answer your question: yes, you need to open the presents in front of the givers and act grateful whether you are or not.
    I had a coed shower (not a bbq though) and the guys were really into the gifts. My friends growing up were mostly guys and I'm having a son so they were excited to pick stuff out for their "nephew." It really depends on the crowd.
  • Darbie914 said:
    Guise, don't you know that every experienced mom has the EXACT same experience?  All of our kids are the same!
    Sure seems like the experiences are quite similar when it comes to how much clothing to buy.
    I doubt it. My daughter is almost 9 months old. She grew out of newborn around 3 months. Grew out of 0-3 at 6 months. Currently can wear 3-6 onesies and dresses with plenty of room, but pants are too small. Just brought out her 6-9 month stuff to add to her closet with the 3-6 she wears. 

A lady on my BMB has a son about a week younger than my daughter. He wears 18 months. So, yeah....
  • BC&LMBC&LM member
    People should always open presents at showers. It's extremely rude not to do so.
  • RibbitGrl930RibbitGrl930 member
    edited May 2014
    Yes, I'm aware people will get things that are not one our registry, but that's a WHOLE other topic that gets my blood boiling.  I, personally, would never buy something not on someone's registry and if there wasn't anything I wanted to get or nothing left that I could afford, I would get a gift card for that store or something I knew they could at least return at that store.

Holy ish, you cannot be real.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"