Preemies
Options

XP: March for Babies

Today we had our local March for Babies! Our team, Elliott's Entourage, raised $900 for March of Dimes. The weather was great--cloudy, but the rain held off. We had about 40 people show up and walk with our team, kids included. My stepmom donated a Tshirt for everyone who donated $20 to our team. We also got to see our favorite NICU nurse today...haven't seen her since our last day in the NICU. All in all, a great morning and just wanted to share! imageimage

Re: XP: March for Babies

• Options
    @Laurendag‌

BR?

Random question, but how old is your LO? I notice that if were outside for any extended period of time, she always had a super snotty nose and sneezes, but pedi said she's too young for allergies. Just curious!

Sorry you had to miss your walk :( We had a really good time, so glad we decided to make a team!
  • Options
    Ahh, no, I'm in Iowa.

I have horrible allergies so I'll be curious to see if she continues to have those symptoms or what. They're pretty bad up here right now too!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @ashleymarie512 We are in Iowa too and were in the walk! I thought your team name sounded familiar! :) Was your LO at Blank or Mercy? We also got to see our primary NICU nurse who we haven't seen since DS was 1.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Hey! Fellow Iowan! :)

We were at Mercy NICU and given the circumstances, had a great experience. How about you? What team were you on? Wonder if I saw you ;)

How old is your LO now?
  • Options
    We were at Blank for 4 months so the nurses we see every year still remember us for sure-not necessarily by name but room number. :) DS was a 26 weeker and will be 6 next month! How's your DD doing?

We love doing the walk and have done it every year since he was born except for last year when I was on bed rest with DD. We were Team Noah Boah. We always have a good experience except that I get mad every time because there's always an a*hole who feels the need to smoke around former preemies with lung issues.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    That's awesome! It's fun seeing the nurses and seems like they enjoy seeing the kiddos too.

DD is doing great! She came home on o2 for chronic lung disease, but has been off since Jan. She came home in Oct one week before due date after being born at 29-6 due to preeclampsia and HELLP syndrome. She was 2lb 3oz and now she's 9.5 months and 15.5lbs! She's so much fun and just such a happy baby!

Do you live in Des Moines or a suburb? It's always fun finding other Iowa mamas!
  • Options
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"