Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Intro - Complete Molar Pregnancy

Hello!  I have been lurking for the past couple days so thought I would share my story and introduce myself.  I got my BFP on April 19, I was elated but felt like this pregnancy was "off" from the beginning.  First, I didn't have a clear idea on how far along I was since I had recently switched and then stopped birth control..  I had a negative pregnancy test as late as April 6 (had taken many) but hadn't had my period since mid-February.  Secondly, I felt great until a week ago when I started feeling VERY sick... extreme nausea, excessive vomiting, the works...  It felt nothing like my first pregnancy but everyone says every pregnancy is different so I was taking it in stride. 

On Thursday I had my first doctors appointment and dating ultrasound.  The ultrasound was disappointing, they saw "something" but they thought perhaps it may still be too early.  I was sent for blood work to test hcg levels and was scheduled for a follow up on Saturday.  To my surprise on Friday morning I received a call from doctor stating my hcg levels were 68,000, much too high for my stage of pregnancy and I needed to come in right away for a D&C for a suspected molar pregnancy.  I received the confirmation Monday that I had experienced a "complete molar pregnancy" and had my first of many follow up lab appointments this morning.  

I keep going back and forth from feeling completely in shock to acceptance of what happened.  Our family is trying to be supportive but honestly I think they are having a harder time dealing with the fact that we will have to wait 6months - 1yt to ttc than we are, which does not help.  I am just hoping and praying these hormone levels go down quickly and I will not need further treatment.  Thank you for letting me share!

Re: Intro - Complete Molar Pregnancy

• Options
    I am so sorry for your loss, welcome to the board.
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers        Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Oct Angel*BFP 1/25/14 * EDD 10/6/14 * US#1 2/26/14 *US#2 3/3/14 no heartbeat*d&c 3/12/14*

BFP 1/17/15 * EDD 9/30/15

• Options
    I'm sorry for your loss.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    So sorry for your loss. I hope your levels come down quickly.
    TTCAL January Siggy Challenge: Animals in the Snow

About Me: 

AMA 35 :  DH 33
    BFP#1 1/26/14 (EDD: 10/7/14).  MMC 3/10/14 D&C 3/14/14
    RE Consult 11/3/14 - AMH 2.25 "great" . FSH 7.10 . Low Vitamin D
    Myomectomy 12/17/14.  Benched until March.

My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss and the news of the molar pregnancy.  

BFP: 3/9/2014  EDD: 11/11/2014  MMC: 4/10/2014  D&C: 4/11/2014
  • Options
    tlc35tlc35 member
    I'm sorry for your loss.  There was recently another poster around here with a molar pregnancy as well.
    Me: 37                                               
    DH: 45
    BFP #1 3/19/14  EDD 11/29/14 MMC D&C 4/24/14
    BFP #2  12/4/14 Beta #1 218 at 12dpo Beta #2 1055 at 16dpo
    Saw heartbeat 12/29.  Please be a rainbow.
    imagerainbows

All welcome                                   

• Options
    O2girlO2girl member
    I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope you find the comfort you need here on this board. (((Hugs)))
    Me: 38
    DX:  Adenomyosis, Compounded MTHFR, PAI-1 4G variant

DH: 34
    MFI due to Testicular Cancer

Married March 2012 <3
    IVF w/ICSI #1
    10 little polar bears
    FET #1 with 2 polar bears ~Nov 6, 2013 BFN :(
    FET # 2 with 2 more polar bears ~March 19, 2014 BFP!!!
    Beta 1= 276
    Beta 2= 662
    4/19/14 ~ baby A became an angel
    5/02/14 ~ baby B became an angel
    5/3/14 ~ D&C
    FET #3 with 1 male polar bear ~October 3, 2014
    October 13, 2014 ~ BFN
    Fur Children:  Memphis 3y, Dutch 3y, Marcel 2y, Meadow 1y

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    January 2015 Siggy Challenge TTCAL
    Animals Interacting with Snow

• Options
    I'm very sorry for your loss. I also had a molar pregnancy and subsequently a D&C at 13 weeks. It took 4 months for my HCG levels to drop to 0 (I was unusually slow to drop; most people do not take that long). I felt/feel everything you are going through, from the disbelief to the lack of acceptance of the situation. My wait time has been set at a year and I am only one month into the wait. This board is probably your best line of support, as molar pregnancies are an incredibly rare condition that not many people understand.

I will tell you that there is not much consolation to be had. I have spent these months trying to make the best of this upcoming year, planning vacations, treating myself, losing the pregnancy weight and doing things I wouldn't have time for if I had a baby. While these things do help, they are not a cure.

It is a lot to take in - the constant threat of cancer, along with your loss, and the fact that there will be a long wait to TTC again. Aside from all that, molar pregnancies are so rare that it's hard to find anyone to relate to your situation. If there are any questions you have or you want to talk about it, let me know. I don't visit the board every day but I would be happy to help in any way I can, as someone who is going through it also.
    MC 13w2d D&C 01/03/2014.  Miss you, my little butterfly.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"