Parenting

Saturday Spam

Re: Saturday Spam

• & so it begins

Game face: ON

T-minus 26 hours till they all go home......
  • @BunkinMama, that's sweet about singing TEOTH to your daughter!

I will sing We Will Rock You first if they have them together.  They don't always, for some reason, which is a damn shame.

• Loading the player...
  • mmmm, multigrains
    -------------------------------------
  • MaebbMaebb member
    Yes, jonquil is daffodil! My hometown is nicknamed "the Jonquil city."

I just used a mani/pedi gift card. Didn't know pedicures were discouraged during pregnancy. I mentioned it 5 minutes into it, and the pedicurist said she'd go easy on the massage part because the ankles and Achilles are connected to the uterus and Fallopian tubes through reflexology.

WDYT about pedicures during pregnancy?
  • multigrain>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>dog shit>>>>>>>>>>>>>>whole grains
  • NarwhalBaconNarwhalBacon member
    edited May 2014
    WTF one of my best friends is MILs neighbor and they got into an argument. She's been avoiding me all week.
    EDIT: MIL actually got into an argument with friends husband. I think my friend avoiding us is her husbands doing, since she does everything he says. He is a huge jackass. 
  • WTF one of my best friends is MILs neighbor and they got into an argument. She's been avoiding me all week. 

Your friend or your MIL?

image image
  • I got a pedicure last week, & several other times during pregnancies. Never heard that one before!
    edited May 2014
    WTF one of my best friends is MILs neighbor and they got into an argument. She's been avoiding me all week. 
    Your friend or your MIL?
    My friend. She's also been avoiding my SIL who is also her friend. I had no idea about the incident until today, which happened on Mothers Day.

• WTF one of my best friends is MILs neighbor and they got into an argument. She's been avoiding me all week. 

Your friend or your MIL?

My friend. She's also been avoiding my SIL who is also her friend. I had no idea about the incident until today, which happened on Mothers Day.

Was it a bad fight? What was it about?

Could you/your name have come into it somehow?

image image
    edited May 2014
    Your friend or your MIL?
    Was it a bad fight? What was it about? Could you/your name have come into it somehow?
    Long story short, Friend's H started an argument with MIL over property (and some other unmentioned things that were not MILs fault) and my friend is probably ignoring us under his orders. He has historically been a huge dickwipe.
    -----------------------------------
    It was over property. Friends husband has become way too possessive over the property they are renting. MILs house is set off the road and her driveway divides my friends from the new neighbors. Part of friends' yard is across MILs driveway and is attached to new neighbors yard. The new neighbors didn't know it wasn't part of their yard and have been using it. MIL told friends husband (in much nicer terms) to quit being a dick and tell the new neighbors that it isn't their property and they should stop mowing it and using it. It is literally 3x10 feet and useless to my friends. 

Friends H has been a dick ever since, so MIL asked him if she did something to piss him off. He blew the fuck up on her and was being a smart ass and cussing her out. My MIL does not get mad over anything. She told him he didn't need to be a smart ass and pointed out that she has helped them numerous times and friends H is being really petty over a useless piece of land that he could NICELY ask the neighbors to stop using instead of being a huge brat. Then he told her to get the fuck off his yard or he would call the cops. Then MIL said "This isn't your yard, dumb shit. It's mine. That's fine I'll call your landlord and have him straighten it out for you." Friends H kept cussing her and she went inside. 

My friend has been actively ignoring me and SIL even though we had nothing to do with this and didn't even know about it until today.

• MaebbMaebb member

pobrecita said:

I've always assumed that they're just careful about pedicures during pregnancy because they don't want to get sued, solely as a CYA type of thing. I figure unless you're already having problems or are ready to pop the kid out, it isn't going to do anything anyways.

Uh...I clearly missed the conversation here but they did nothing different when I got pedicures during pregnancy.

Yeah, mine didn't either but I only got like one. I just know some places are super cautious about anything during pregnancy, even when it makes no real logical sense to me.

ETA: Maebb asked on the last page about pedicures.

_______

Now I'm paranoid that @pobrecita‌ blocked me or just doesn't read my tl;dr posts.
  • Does anyone else's kid scream bloody murder when they try to use the NoseFrida?  I'm waiting for the day my neighbors call the cops on me.  
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• DS has always hated the nose sucker. He now finds me picking his boogers hilarious.
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhqjipgCIAAOz7H.jpg
    -My son was born in April 2012. He pretty much rules.
  • My kid is being THAT kid at swimming lessons right now. So embarrassed.

image"

My 4 Angel Babies.....
    MC#1- 12/2008, MC#2- 05/2009, MC#3 07/2009, MC#4 11/2009

Training to become an IBCLC. BF Questions? Just ask!

• studyinpinkstudyinpink member
    edited May 2014
    Up from nap.

DH and e are picking up torchys queso because of food posts yesterday.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • MaebbMaebb member
    I learned that DS likes to put my gum in his mouth and then put it back in the container. Good to know.
  • Goddamnit. I had super thick hair, and it feels like I've lost half of it. It comes out in clumps in the shower, and I'm constantly pulling hairs off B's clothes I just want my hair back kid!
    My hair was to my waist after I had DS, I ended up having to cut it up to my chin so it would stop falling out. It was nice though, very freeing.

I really want to do this, but I'm terrified. I've had long hair my whole life, but now that E likes to grab my hair and pull, it's very tempting to chop it.

• MaebbMaebb member
    nonniedee said:

Wonder how non hot dog eaters feel about this

Gross. In Thailand there's a pizza with hotdog in the crust, and that is also gross.

• @slednecksmomma I was scared too, I loved my hair. But its growing back super healthy and thick. It was also so nice not to have DS pull on it and not have to worry about these super long hairs everywhere. Plus I was worried about them getting wrapped up on DS s toes or something. I didnt realize what a hassle my hair was until it wasnt anymore.
    Maybe I should just do it. After all, it's just hair, it grows back.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"