Chit Chat
Options

Hey everybody. Can I be a debbie downer for a minute?

I haven't been on here since I announced I was getting a divorce, but I could really use some love/support/thoughts if any of you could spare some. So I had been dating this guy that I care a lot about. We've known each other three years and he always had a big thing for me, so we gave it a try. He made me happier than I've been in a long, long time. I fell in love and he did too, or at least he said he did. A week ago he told me that he still had lingering feelings for his ex who he had broken up with right before we got together, and that he didn't want to continue a relationship with me until he got over them. Now he is back to spending all of his time with her. To make matters worse, we all work together so I have to spend all day seeing him and them together. Oh, and we also live in the same apartment complex, literally right across the street from each other. It's honestly the worst possible situation, and I'm completely devastated. 

So now I'm wondering if I should just pack up all my things and move back home to Oregon. Why stay in CT when there's nothing left for me here? My divorce is finalized on Thursday and then that's it. I'm completely, utterly alone. The thought of being back with my family is comforting, but the finality of it all is heartbreaking. I've made a couple good friends but it's just not the same. The only thing that makes me hesitant to move is the fact that I wouldn't get to see my dog anymore because my ex gets her most of the time, and she's my baby. I don't know what to do, all I know is that I am miserable. And very, very alone.

Re: Hey everybody. Can I be a debbie downer for a minute?

• Options
     I'm sorry you're going through this.  I wish I had some helpful advice.  Maybe it's a good time for a fresh start, but I probably wouldn't make any major decisions while everything is still so fresh.  Maybe give it some time to settle and see how you feel so that you know you are making the best and most-clearheaded decision so that you can be happy in the long run.

That probably isn't all that helpful, but I'm sending good luck, and creepy internet stranger hugs.

• Options
    KenziKKenziK member
    Thank you ladies for the advice, I really appreciate it. I definitely don't want to make any rash decisions, so I am trying to keep busy and wait until I'm not feeling so overwhelmed before I do anything.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't have any advice that anyone else hasn't given but wanted to send you lots of virtual hugs!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC since June 2009
    01/10- Femara
    03/10- Femara
    07/2010- Clomid with injectables and IUI #1
    08/2010- IUI #2
    06/2011- IVF #1 BFP!
    09/2011- Miscarriage at 10 1/2 weeks
    11/2011- FET
    01/2012- Start Home Study process
    03/2012- Home Study approved and now waiting on our child to find us!
    07/2012- matched with a BM who is due in October!
    11/10/12- our son is born!
    11/13/12- court grants us custody!
     12/28/12- finalization! Always ours in our hearts, but.now also ours forever

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage

http://keepingupwiththejoneses-dana.blogspot.com/

• Options
    KenziKKenziK member
    Thanks again everyone! I'm feeling a lot better now than I was last weekend. Just really putting a lot of thought into my future and where I would like to see myself going over the next few years. I think the best thingto do would be to move back home, but I've decided to go home for 4th of July to see how it goes, and then make a decision once I get back. So we'll see! I really appreciate all of your kind words <3
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"