Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Ladies who have had a D&C-- pain question

I'm 3.5 days post D&C and I feel worse physically now than I have all week. The two Advil I just took aren't doing it tonight. Any suggestions? I will call my doc if it's still like this in the morning. Also going to the bathroom hurts. Even just to pee. Is that normal? Thank you...

BFP #1: 4/7/14, EDD: 12/16/14 -- Missed Miscarriage - D&C  on 5/13 at 9 weeks
BFP #2: 10/24/14, EDD: 07/04/15 -- Chemical Pregnancy confirmed 10/27
BFP #3: 11/28/14, EDD: 08/06/15 -- Strong heartbeat at 6 weeks, Missed Miscarriage - D&C on 1/9 at 10 weeks

rainbows

Re: Ladies who have had a D&C-- pain question

• Have you been in serious pain the whole time? I had about 10 hours of pretty serious pain about 72 hours after my procedure which proceeded the actual bleeding that I ended up doing for the following 2 weeks. Other than that it was pretty manageable with Advil and Percocet. Peeing did not hurt that I recall, but a BM was awful. Call the doctor if you have any doubts or concerns. Better safe than sorry.
    TTCAL January Siggy Challenge: Animals in the Snow

About Me: 

AMA 35 :  DH 33
    BFP#1 1/26/14 (EDD: 10/7/14).  MMC 3/10/14 D&C 3/14/14
    RE Consult 11/3/14 - AMH 2.25 "great" . FSH 7.10 . Low Vitamin D
    Myomectomy 12/17/14.  Benched until March.

My Ovulation Chart
  • I had a definite shift in level of pain three days out. I had very light/manageable pain and cramping a couple of days post-procedure, then on day three, I had severe abdominal pain and a low grade fever. I was worried I might have an infection so I paged the doc on call (it was a Saturday) and he was very nice and helpful and didn't think it was an infection since the fever was under 101. He said if it persists/gets worse to call back but it was a lot better the next day. I hope you're better today, if not, definitely call your doc.
    Me: 41, DH: 42, married 2009
    BFP #1: 12/05/2012; EDD 08/09/2013; MC 01/2013 (missed, D&C)
    BFP #2: 12/19/2013; EDD 08/25/2014; MC 01/2014 (natural)
  • Loading the player...
  • KingLEDKingLED member
    If you're worried, don't hesitate to call your doctor. That being said, it's pretty common for the pain to not really start until about 3 days after the surgery. Aleve and a heating pad can make a huge difference. Hope it's nothing serious.
    Son: Jackson, 11/02/06, stillborn due to PPROM and IUGR. Over the next ten years we had 9 miscarriages from 8-14 weeks. On May 18, 2016 my daughter, Ridley, was born. We're OADNBC.
  • kath16kath16 member
    Thanks everyone. I took an extra Aleve last night and was able to fall asleep. I don't feel as though I have a fever, so that's a good sign.

I think I am really thrown off that I'd been feeling ok physically for several days and then all of the sudden it got worse. I even read all of the helpful stories in the D&C thread and I was still thrown off.

If it gets bad again or doesn't get better with Aleve I will go ahead and call my doc. I was hesitant to take an extra ibuprofen but ... I'd rather not feel the pain.

Thank you again!

BFP #3: 11/28/14, EDD: 08/06/15 -- Strong heartbeat at 6 weeks, Missed Miscarriage - D&C on 1/9 at 10 weeks

rainbows
  • This exact thing happened to me! I got nervous because out of nowhere I had a fever and pain. I waited a day and finally felt better. And it was uncomfortable for me too pee as well. Sorry u are dealing with this! Hope you are feeling better soon
  • O2girlO2girl member
    I ended up having severe cramping and was passing huge clots 4&5 days post D&C. It was so bad I ended up in the ER. The 6th day was like a switch was hit and my bleeding went down to almost nothing and the pain was GONE. When I had my follow up with my RE he told me that sometimes after a D&C the body takes a little time to register that the pregnancy was lost and then proceeds to go through an M/C only doesn't have anything to shed. I hope you feel better soon. ((Hugs))
    Me: 38
    DX:  Adenomyosis, Compounded MTHFR, PAI-1 4G variant

DH: 34
    MFI due to Testicular Cancer

Married March 2012 <3
    IVF w/ICSI #1
    10 little polar bears
    FET #1 with 2 polar bears ~Nov 6, 2013 BFN :(
    FET # 2 with 2 more polar bears ~March 19, 2014 BFP!!!
    Beta 1= 276
    Beta 2= 662
    4/19/14 ~ baby A became an angel
    5/02/14 ~ baby B became an angel
    5/3/14 ~ D&C
    FET #3 with 1 male polar bear ~October 3, 2014
    October 13, 2014 ~ BFN
    Fur Children:  Memphis 3y, Dutch 3y, Marcel 2y, Meadow 1y

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    January 2015 Siggy Challenge TTCAL
    Animals Interacting with Snow

• Yaz14Yaz14 member
    @kath16 you don't have a UTI do you? That could explain the sudden onset of pain and the hurting to pee. I never experienced pain like you're describing after my D&C but I was told that the pain could get worse a few days afterwards. I did however experience shooting pains up my back which ended up being nerve damage from the D&C. If your pain is not constant but rather comes in short sharp waves it could be nerve damage. Also your body may be trying to expel a bit of remaining tissue. Definitely keep up the pain relief and keep an eye on your temperature. I hope it gets better soon.

Me(24) DH(26)/Married since March 2013
    BFP#1 February 18th 2014/EDD October 27th/MMC discovered at 10w/D&C April 7th 
    BFP#2 July 24th 2014/EDD April 4th 2015/Please be our RAINBOW!
  • kath16kath16 member
    Yaz14 said:
    @kath16 you don't have a UTI do you? That could explain the sudden onset of pain and the hurting to pee. I never experienced pain like you're describing after my D&C but I was told that the pain could get worse a few days afterwards. I did however experience shooting pains up my back which ended up being nerve damage from the D&C. If your pain is not constant but rather comes in short sharp waves it could be nerve damage. Also your body may be trying to expel a bit of remaining tissue. Definitely keep up the pain relief and keep an eye on your temperature. I hope it gets better soon.
    I thought about a UTI because some of the signs were there (I have had two previously) like pain when emptying my bladder. But the pain was different - in a different place. Without getting really graphic it's hard to explain ;-) 

I am feeling better today, physically anyway. I had an emotional day yesterday at church but the pain is now going away very quickly if it comes. Every so often I'll get a cramp - near my pubic bone, near my hip or in my lower back that comes and goes quickly.

Hopefully the worst is over ... Thank you ladies so much for answering my questions and for the support.

rainbows
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"