High-Risk Pregnancy

A Few Questions

How long did it take you to get your first ultrasound? I have a rough history and know I am high risk but my ultrasound is still weeks out. I am panicking. Secondly, if you had a history of IC, what happened during your care? Thirdly, is a cerclage painful? Thanks 
Trenton Elijah born three weeks early due to pre-e on April 14, 2011. Weighing 6lbs 6.3oz, 18 inches long.

Cameron Jacob (CJ) came early @ 25w4d on November 16, 2012 due to placenta abruption and incompetent cervix . Weighing 1lb 15.5oz, 14 inches long. 

Expecting a winter baby. Stay put LO!

Re: A Few Questions

• MrsL2BMrsL2B member
    I had my first transvaginal ultrasound at seven weeks. There wasn't much to see at that point but the yolk sac and a little embryo.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Loading the player...
  • I go thru in RE so I get my first ultrasound around 6weeks but because of this last pregnancy I didn't get my second ultrasound until close to 14weeks.  As far as care with IC due to my second tri loss (they think it could have been IC) I will be staring P17 shots in the second tri as well as weekly cervical checks through internal ultrasound.  I will not qualify for a cerclage unless they notice changes during my cervical checks.

Me: 30  DP: 30

TTC#1

IUI#1 9/26/13 BFN

IUI#2 10/26/13 BFP beta #1 99 #2 456

2/20/2014 Brynlee Madeline is taken too soon at 19weeks she was perfect

IUI#3 6/10/14 BFP beta #1 276 beta #2 722 20w A/S shows we are having a girl

• My OB seems to be in the minority and sees patients fairly early in their pregnancy. I had my first ultrasound at 6 weeks and didn't see much. My second ultrasound was at 10 weeks and was surprised I was already able to see the baby's different features and body parts!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have IC, and had a cerclage at 16 weeks last pregnancy. This time, I'm getting one in 2 days at 13 w 2 d. I'm being monitored very closely, I've had 5 ultrasounds so far. Honestly, I don't remember the recovery from the cerclage, so I'm concerned about that as well. Sorry, wish I could help you in that dept. I had mine 8 years ago and simply don't remember. I went on bedrest immediately because it didn't work for me; we waited until my cervix was too short and my dr could barely grasp anything to stitch so it didn't take. This time, hopefully it will still be long and be a breeze. My dr did say to take the week off of work, and to stay in bed the first day or two. After that as long as I feel ok I can start moving around but take it easy. After the cerclage is placed I'll go back in a week to check it, then in another week. I'm not sure after that. I know with my DS I was there weekly because it was so short. Not sure how it works if its a successful cerclage placement. Wish you the best!

10/16/04 ~ lost our first baby boy at 20 weeks due to IC

3/05 ~ another loss at 12 weeks

2/14/06 ~ Our sweet valentine miracle was born after a nightmarish 8 months!

Surprise Baby Boy, born sleeping at 31 weeks on 9/21/14

• Thanks ladies for answering
    Trenton Elijah born three weeks early due to pre-e on April 14, 2011. Weighing 6lbs 6.3oz, 18 inches long.

Cameron Jacob (CJ) came early @ 25w4d on November 16, 2012 due to placenta abruption and incompetent cervix . Weighing 1lb 15.5oz, 14 inches long. 

Expecting a winter baby. Stay put LO!
  • My first ultrasound was scheduled for 12 weeks but I went in at 6 weeks because of bleeding. My first appointment with the OB was scheduled for 8 weeks though because they wanted to discuss my care plan and get the ball rolling with the MFM referral. It still took 5 weeks to get in with the MFM (first appt at 13 weeks) even though I got the referral at 8 weeks; however, I feel this was due to the fact that my loss was at 21 weeks and I had no issues prior to the second trimester. I wasn't really concerned about the delay.

I was started on 17P injections at 16 weeks which appeared to be doing their job until I hit 21 weeks. Cervix shortened slightly, but not enough to place a cerclage. Then at 24 weeks I was down to 2.1 cm and it was too late to get it. Now I'm at 0.8 cm and on bed rest so the plan next time is a cerclage at 12 weeks along with the injections.

Since I haven't had a cerclage I can't address that part of your question, sorry.

image    image    

• I had the cerclage on this past Monday. It wasn't very painful. Of course, you can't feel anything during and immediately afterwards because of the epidural. Once that wore off I did feel some pain if I laughed or had to bear down; but only for that same day. On Tuesday everything felt normal. I spotted for Monday and Tuesday, then it turned to light brown only when I strained for Wednesday. Today, nothing so far. I am on meds for cramps, Dr said these would keep my uterus from contracting while its 'accepting' the cerclage. I finish those meds this afternoon so hopefully it has accepted it and there will be no contractions.

10/16/04 ~ lost our first baby boy at 20 weeks due to IC

3/05 ~ another loss at 12 weeks

2/14/06 ~ Our sweet valentine miracle was born after a nightmarish 8 months!

Surprise Baby Boy, born sleeping at 31 weeks on 9/21/14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"