Potty Training

Opinions wanted please!

Hi,
My son is only 16.5 months but he will tell you pee pee and run to the bathroom. The problem is he will not sit on potty and ends up peeing all over the floor. He obviously knows he has to go but because he will not sit does that mean he's not ready? Or does anyone have any good advice on potties for boys?

Re: Opinions wanted please!

• *LrCg**LrCg* member
    I PT my 3 kids- DS was 17 months old, DD1 15 months old & DD2 14 months old. There was no difference between the sexes. I did it all for daytime, naps & bedtime. Took a few days & was very simple. I say that all because I don't want anyone to discourage you by saying he's too young. I believe now is a great time!! Releasing is a big deal & he has that! Some 3 year olds can't do that!! I'd recomend getting some vinyl tablecloths to protect your carpet & do a few naked days. Don't force him to sit on the potty or play games on the potty. When he starts going VERY calmly say wait pee goes in the potty & take him. Also we did not show/tell DS he could pee standing up until @ 2 1/2 (I made DH pee sitting down whenever DS was around).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"