October 2012 Moms
Options

s/o naked toddlers- outside

At what age should DD not be naked outside, like in our backyard? If we go out to play and she wants to get into the baby pool I just take off her pants and diaper and leave her shirt on.  You can see into our backyard from all around (we're on a hill and in the city so there isn't much room between houses), so it's not very private and sometimes she likes to dash to the front yard. And then we have neighbors two doors down who have young boys, but I don't feel like that should make a difference but in my head it does. 

Maybe I should just get a reusable swim diaper and keep it out there, I'll probably be getting one anyway since we have a splash park close by that I'm sure will be a hit this summer. 

Re: s/o naked toddlers- outside

• Options
    hilsy85hilsy85 member
    I personally feel like 3 is kind of my cut off for when it goes from being "aww nakey baby" to "some covering is necessary". Maye because they get potty trained around then so there's more awareness of private areas, and they're more like big kids than babies? I dunno. But in public/in view of other people, I don't think I'd be comfortable with LO ever being naked on the bottom. 

Anniversary

TTC #2 since July 2014
    BFP 9/27/14
    MMC discovered 10/27/14, D&C 11/4/14
  • Options
    yeah, it's not like people are lining up out in their backyards hoping to get a glimpse of DD, no one's ever been outside.   I'm a nurse and I've seen so.many.people naked that nudity doesn't bother me so I feel my judgement may be off in this area. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You never know about people. I know it's not like people are lining up to check it out or anything, but my anxiety runs too high thinking about the random perv that could drop by. Maybe I'm an outlier though. I would just use a swim diaper.
    Logan Jack- 6.1.10 and Emmett Weston- 9.29.12 

• Options
    LorMorLorMor member
    Naked! I guess potty training age is a useful guideline, but I really don't think there is anything wrong with a naked baby/toddler hanging out in her own yard.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    All of my kids love to run around naked (ages 19 months, 3, and 5). We allow it in the house, but I am not comfortable in public. I don't think twice about it if I see a young child in public naked. However, when it is my own I worry about a child molester who might be getting a kick out of it. I would at least through a swim diaper on.
  • Options
    AMT1107AMT1107 member
    IMO - never, DS always has something on, even if it's just a diaper.  There are too many sick people out there.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    CnAnACnAnA member
    Where we live right now, in an apartment building in the middle of town - not gonna happen.  Even just a diaper is ok, but not full on naked.  Now if we lived in the house I grew up in, that'd be different.  We had a full acre, and fields on every side of us.  I was nekkid all the time there as a kid.  Now after about 4, I started being aware of clothes and such, so I preferred to have something on.  

As a general rule though, I'd say probably 2, I think.

After 7 years of no ovulation...
    BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
    BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Oct Angel Babies
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"