August 2012 Moms
Options

If you let your child sleep in bed with you...

I have been very lax with making Kate sleep in her crib since we've moved. Sometimes she sleeps there all night, but sometimes we lay in our bed and she falls asleep and I'm too lazy to move her so she sleeps with us all night. I used to be paranoid about suffocation in our bed when she was littler, but now that she moves all over, how careful do I need to be about covers and pillows? We have a pillow top mattress and she always sleeps on her stomach. I don't know how concerned I need to be. How careful are you?

Re: If you let your child sleep in bed with you...

• Options
    Sorry, no advice here because Jeffrey won't sleep in our bed - not even for naps! I tried this past weekend when we were at my parents' house and he wouldn't nap there so I thought he might nap with me, but no luck!

Good to hear from you though! Did you already take your trip to NOLA?
  • Options
    We leave Saturday. Kate is staying home and I am more nervous about leaving her than I am excited about going. I know she'll be fine but I've only been away from her overnight. I know we'll have a good time, though, because it's New Orleans! Who wouldn't? Hope all is well with you, Jeffrey and the littlest one!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Becc77 said:

We leave Saturday. Kate is staying home and I am more nervous about leaving her than I am excited about going. I know she'll be fine but I've only been away from her overnight. I know we'll have a good time, though, because it's New Orleans! Who wouldn't? Hope all is well with you, Jeffrey and the littlest one!

I completely understand, I felt that way when I had to go on a work trip a few months ago! But you know that Kate will be in good hands with your DH and the weather has been awesome down here lately - I hope that it holds up for you and that you have a fabulous time! I am crazy busy at work and still waiting for the second trimester energy boost to kick in, or else I would try to meet up with you!
  • Options
    SJandVASJandVA member
    DD2 is currently against her crib. I'm really hoping its a phase. DD1 slept in bed until she was 4.
    At this age I'm not too concerned with blankets. She usually kicks blankets off. But she's either asleep and still or awake and crying.
    I would just keep blankets and stuff at a minimum and make sure there's nothing that she could get tangled in.
    victoria5month samantha5
  • Options
    SJandVASJandVA member
    Have a great time on your trip! Try not to worry too much.
    victoria5month samantha5
  • Options
    My son goes to sleep every night in his crib and ends up in our bed every night in the middle of the night. This started at Christmas and has turned into a habit. Anyway, he sleeps between us and he is on top of the covers. We keep his head below the pillows but occasionally he sneaks up and puts his head on them. I don't worry too much because of his age but we do try to keep blankets and pillows away from him.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

#2 BFP 8/23/14, EDD 5/1/15, M/C 9/17/14 - Forever in our hearts <3

• Options
    you don't need to be concerned at all-- our LOs can roll, kick, and rearrange themselves however they want. if something is in their way or overlaying them, they will just swat it off.

we've been bedsharing with DS since he was about 6 weeks old. i was extremely careful about following safe bedsharing rules until he was old enough to roll over on his own. and at this age, i'm more concerned at this age that he is going to run full speed off the end of the bed. ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"