Parenting after 35

GTKY III

Since everyone loves these!

1. How long have you and your DH/SO been together? Dating/married.

2. Brag about your babies/kids what are they up to?

3. What is your favorite TV show?

4. What are your plans for Mother's Day?
Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: GTKY III

• 1. How long have you and your DH/SO been together? Dating/married.
    Dating 16 years in June married 7 years last October.

2. Brag about your babies/kids what are they up to? DS1 is preparing for his preschool graduation and has started Tball. DS2 has started to sleep 7 hours straight over night :)

3. What is your favorite TV show? I'm a big fan of Dancing with the Stars. Also on maternity leave I started to watch Parenthood which I'm all caught up on and hope it's renewed for next season.

We are going out for tapas with my family for dinner. I'm hoping to sleep in as well. We will celebrate Mother's Day with DH's mom & grandma at the end of the month.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1. How long have you and your DH/SO been together? Dating/married. We've been together for 5 1/2 years, our 2nd wedding anniversary is in a week and a half.

2. Brag about your babies/kids what are they up to?  Well, she will be 6 months a week from today, so she's a busy body.  She has her two bottom front teeth.  We're working on crawling.  She can get up on the hands and knees and just rocks back and forth.  I did notice this morning that she was making herself scooch backwards in her crib, so it's just a matter of time before she never stops!

3. What is your favorite TV show? Criminal Minds or CSI

4. What are your plans for Mother's Day? I was hoping since it's my first Mother's Day, I could have a special day and do what I wanted, but my MIL already asked my husband what we're all doing.  Uh, I would prefer not seeing her, but I'm pretty sure disappointing me is much more favorable to my DH than disappointing his mom.  So I made lunch plans with my mom, that way I can do one fun thing!
  • Loading the player...
  • @mwhipple77‌ my first Mother's Day was not what I planned. I was pissed in the years since I've just started making the plans. If MIL didn't like it too bad. ;)
  • 1. How long have you and your DH/SO been together? Dating/married. - We have our 4 year anniversary later this year and we dated for 1 year before we got married. 

2. Brag about your babies/kids what are they up to? - Jack and Joey are having a great time playing with their new sand and water table and their language skills both continue to blow my mind!

3. What is your favorite TV show? - Either Criminal Minds or Bones

4. What are your plans for Mother's Day? - I know we are having a family dinner at my BIL and SIL's house. Outside of that I have no idea, which sounds kind of sad right now. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Proud Mom to the ZooCrew - Jack 3 years old and Joey 21 months. 
    Excited and delighted to welcome the 3rd member of the ZooCrew in 2015! We can't wait to meet you Matthew Henry!
  • Geeps2Geeps2 member
    1. How long have you and your DH/SO been together? Dating/married.

We dated for a year and have been married for 3.

2. Brag about your babies/kids what are they up to?  My 2 year old continues to be a piece of work.  The stuff she comes up with cracks me up.  My 6 month old is as sweet as they come.  He has swamp mouth but no teeth.  My DD was late with her 1st teeth so I'm not surprised by this turn of events with him.  He DESPERATELY wants to sit up on his own.  He has discovered the art of blowing rasberries as well.

3. What is your favorite TV show?  Not a big TV watcher but I guess Greys Anatomy is one I DVR and look forward to watching.  I am so far behind on it though.

4. What are your plans for Mother's Day?  I hope to do NOTHING.  Not to be Debbie downer but the month after we got married I found I was pregnant (in April)  On Mother's day I began to miscarry so basically I really now HATE the day.  Even though I have 2 beautiful, happy, healthy children that I thank my lucky stars for each and every day I can't help but be reminded of the start of one of the worst few days of my life.  I would rather just carry on like it was any other day and be done with it.  That or just do something with my Mom and sister.  Like Whipple I have ZERO desire to hang out with my MIL and his Grandmother.  God help me cause the DH wants to do something with his Mom and Grandmother and I would rather have a pap smear and a root canal all at the same time then participate in any of that nonsense.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• 1. We have been married 1.5yrs, total 2.75 yrs.

2. Brag about your babies/kids what are they up to? Boys finishing up school, finishing up soccer, getting ready for swim team, summer camps!  baby starting to smile and coo! so sweet

3. What is your favorite TV show? Game of Thrones

4. What are your plans for Mother's Day- church with my boys, dh, my mom and then lunch
    - long enough to get pregnant

- DD getting into trouble at school
    - DS1 is into trying to talk. He's got night-night, bye-bye, almost says Isaac, and is getting very brave about climbing on the furniture these days.
    - DS2 is eating non stop, and when he's had enough of that he poops and sleeps. Okay, so smiling and cooing...but he does those other things too. ;)

- ummmm, I don't watch TV. But I used to like The Dukes of Hazard.

- rest...lots of rest. MIL told us a few weeks ago that she was having a reunion and she wanted us there. She just told us yesterday that its cancelled, so I plan to rest.

• 1. We've been married 17 years in June, together for 19 total. 2. DD has grown up so much just in the week since we brought DS home. She's such a good helper. Also, she's in Kindermusik and has started singing songs, which is adorable. DS, at 10 days old, is a little milk fiend. It took DD until she was about 7-8 weeks before she took 3 oz of formula. DS has been doing that since about Day 4. Amazing for a 6 lb, 5oz baby who was 17 days early. 3. We like the NCIS franchise. Other than that, it's mainly Disney Junior at our house. (Hubs' fav line when someone asked if he'd watched Breaking Bad: no, but I've seen every episode of Sofia the First.) 4. I've been home from the hospital about a week. I'm hoping it's super low-key. Since DS was early, I didn't manage to do jack for either of our moms. DH asked if we should get a new laptop for Mother's Day for storing the gazillion pics we take. I'm good with that being the sum-total of our Mother's Day.
  • 1. How long have we been together? 7 years dating / 6 years married (we moved fast :) )
    2. Brag - kids turn 7 mos (!) next week
    Little man is such a flirt! He is always smiling and his smile takes up most of his face. He just lights up with a whole body laugh. He has sprouted his bottom front teeth. He talks all the time. He had started blowing raspberries too, which is getting quite damp around here.
    Little miss is such an observer. She watches everything quite intently. Lately she's been smiling when she sees us too or when you talk to her. She has a little nub of a tooth on the bottom. Both are in various early stages of crawling. Both get on all fours and scoot, roll, drag themselves places. Little girl frequently gets stuck in downward facing dog with her head touching the floor.
    3. Favorite tv show - Trophy Wife - so sad it was cancelled
    4. Mother's day plans - we're going to have breakfast with husband's parents then bringing the kids to my parents to hang out so we can go see a movie.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
    Friends for 18 years
    Dating for 14 years
    Married for 5 years

DS1 (2.5) was just registered for preschool.  He knows his colors, shapes, can count to 20, say the alphabet, identify most letters and numbers, can spell his name and his brother's name.

DS2 (6.5 months) is almost crawling.  He can get up on all 4s in a very uncoordinated way and rocks back and forth.  We just transitioned him to his crib a week ago and he is almost back to one wake-up a night like he was when he slept in his swing (due to reflux).

Big Bang Theory

We went to FILs for lunch with SIL and her H and their DS, and BIL and his wife and their DD.  Then MIL came over later afternoon and we ordered Chinese food.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• GuennieGuennie member
    DH and I met in the boatyard working on our sailboats. He tried to pursue me but I had just been dumped and was not ready, so we became friends. A year later he moved to another state. We kept in touch. A couple years later his mom passed away. When we saw each other at her funeral it hit us both and I realized how I felt about him. We were engaged two months later. We will celebrate our 3rd anniversary in June.

My girl is going to be 6 months in a couple of weeks. She is full of energy. Army crawling all over the place, up on all fours, trying to stand on her head. She is extremely focused when trying to figure out how to do something. She is really going to give me a run for my money.

I really like Project Runway. I love watching the creative process and seeing what comes out of it.

We didn't have any plans for Mother's Day other than staying home and chilling. I was just so grateful to have my first Mother's Day after all of my losses.
    Me:41, DH:41 Positive for MTHFR mutations- one copy C677T, one copy A1298C. One daughter born on Thanksgiving in 2013. Six losses.
  • 1. How long have you and your DH/SO been together? Dating/married.  Together since July 2003/married since January 2008

2. Brag about your babies/kids what are they up to?  DS is finishing up kindergarten and is playing his 3rd season of tball.  We are on the cusp of potty training DD and I cannot wait!!

3. What is your favorite TV show?  Big Bang Theory and Brooklyn Nine Nine are my fave comedies.  I love most things on HGTV, esp Rehab Addict, and Food Network, esp Pioneer Woman.  Also love Say Yes to the Dress when I catch it on.

4. What are your plans for Mother's Day?  Had an awesome Mommy's Day Off!  Got a pedi, had lunch with friends and saw an adult movie (Neighbors...hilarious!!). 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • KL777KL777 member
    -Married 9 years!

-DS can read and is getting great grades in school!

-Currently "The Middle"

-Being taken out to lunch!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"