Two Under 2

New to group and looking for words of wisdom and survival tips

Expecting baby #2 in September! Very excited but a bit nervous at the same time. First baby is a girl and second a boy :) They'll be 14 months apart. I'm a working mama, a nurse so we already do 2 day/week daycare for dd so was planning on continuing that during my maternity leave for my own sanity as well as to keep her routine. Anyone able to offer tips, tricks, pearls of wisdom for handling 2 under 18mos??

Re: New to group and looking for words of wisdom and survival tips

• Welcome to the board. I have a DD and DS who are 13 months apart, so we are in a very similar position. One of the best pieces of advice I got on this board was to allow DD access to DS from the get go. I did that, and she hasn't ever had jealousy as a result. Nine months in, they are amazing playmates already. The piece of advice that I'd add is to simplify your life and expectations. If you have a realistic perspective of what you can accomplish each day and remember that the baby/toddler phase is only a brief part of parenting, it will be easier to see the successes in life and enjoy two little ones so close together. :)
    Mommy to N (3), J (2), and C (10 months). LO4 is due in mid-September.
  • That's awesome! So reassuring there's someone else out there who has gone through what I'm about to and survived! :) Are both of your kiddos sleeping through the night? My dd is so I plan to do the same with son as it worked with daughter. Do your two share a nursery or two separate? Double stroller? Can't wait to see the two babies interact!! So cool. It'll all be worth it in the end I know and I like your advice about realistic expectations and full access for dd:) My game plan is one day at a time and grace under pressure. Thanks for your reply!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"