School-Aged Children

Lunch for packers

Hi Ladies,

I'd like to switch up DD's lunch a bit. She LOVES ham sandwiches and was on the turkey tip for a while. I've made her quesadillas and packed leftover pastas, too. Any other suggestions?

I appreciate it! Thanks!

Married to DH 9/9/06 DD arrived 11/10/07 DS arrived 5/26/11

Re: Lunch for packers

• DD likes to build her own lunchable.  I put in crackers, lunch meat, and cheese and then she builds it at lunch.  She also really enjoys mini bagels with cream cheese. 
    DD~6 years old~born June 6, 2008 (1st grade)
    DS~4 years old~born November 6, 2010 (1st year of preschool)
  • We do a variety of hot and cold. So sometimes sandwiches, sometimes wraps. Turkey, ham, peanut butter, etc.  Lots of leftovers- chicken, rice and veggies, mac and cheese, spaghetti and meatballs, etc etc. Heat up real hot in the thermos and it is good to go for lunch. She prefers hot lunch over cold :)

• Loading the player...
  • fredalina said:
    Today it is a vegetarian "taco pie" (veggie ground "beef" with taco sauce and cheddar rolled up in a crescent roll and baked), half an avocado with Greek yogurt in the pit hole, a halved plum, carrots, a some bell pepper, and raspberries. She won't eat it all but I like to offer variety at least. Yesterday it was a grilled egg and cheese sandwich (cut with flower shaped cutter), veggie dog cut in flower shaped slices, carrots, snap pea crisps, and grapes.
    Okay, that is very impressive!  I pat myself on the back every weekday for making sure my kids get a sandwich, a veggie, and a fruit.

We all 3 eat the same thing day after day.
    High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • Fredalina-

Do you want to pack my kids lunch too? I barely have time to function, much less do these awesome fancy lunches :)

Impressive..

• I have been living the cushy working mom life of my kids' daycare serving homemade lunches :)

Starting in August, I will be packing DS's lunch for kindergarten.  He likes peanut butter and jelly or cream cheese and jelly sandwiches.  I *think* peanut butter is allowed at his school.  I will put in some fruit and maybe veggie chips (he hates veggies in other forms).  I like the homemade lunchable idea.  There are lots of ideas on https://www.100daysofrealfood.com/  and other blogs, if you want to get cutesy. 
    DS born 8/8/09 and DD born 6/12/12.
  • fredalina said:
    Today it is a vegetarian "taco pie" (veggie ground "beef" with taco sauce and cheddar rolled up in a crescent roll and baked), half an avocado with Greek yogurt in the pit hole, a halved plum, carrots, a some bell pepper, and raspberries. She won't eat it all but I like to offer variety at least. Yesterday it was a grilled egg and cheese sandwich (cut with flower shaped cutter), veggie dog cut in flower shaped slices, carrots, snap pea crisps, and grapes.
    I wish I could get my kids to eat like this!!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • rsd12rsd12 member
    Thankfully my kids are boring!!! My oldest will take sandwiches or a wrap for lunch or sometimes pizza. I am pretty sure my middle son next year will only eat pb&j and maybe a Turkey or ham sandwhich. They don't complain ; ) I send in a veggie and a snack too.
    Boy 1 2/06 - Boy 2 12/07 - Boy 3 9/09
  • I sometimes do cold quesadillas. It's especially easy to microwave them--tortilla, beans and cheese. She likes to dip them in ranch dressing, so I send some ranch and tomatoes and string cheese.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DS1 gets biscuits and gravy, bagel with cream cheese, ham steak, taco's, pancakes, or a lunchable usually.  He always has applesauce and water, sometimes he'll have some goldfish.

GSx1 - 05/13/2013
    GSx2 for T&B - EDD 6/21/2015 - They're having a GIRL!

babybaby
    BabyGaga
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"