North Carolina Babies

Talk about dropping naps!

In October Eli was still taking 4 naps a day.  One of those naps was in the evening after we got home from daycare, so we worked on dropping that one.  Eventually he did, so by mid-November he was down to 3.  About the beginning of December, he started not taking his afternoon nap at daycare.  I asked about it, because that seemed like such a long time between his last nap and bedtime (4-5 hours) and they said they'd put him down, but he woudn't go to sleep.  I thought it was a fluke, but it kept happening, so they stopped trying.  So now we're down to 2. 

Yesterday I picked him up and he had only taken 1 nap!  And he stayed up until his normal 7:00 bedtime!  This is crazy.  One of my biggest concerns about daycare was that I knew in a few months they'd move him up to the toddler room where they only get one nap and I thought there was no way he'd only be taking one nap by then.  Basically in 8 weeks he has gone from 4 naps to 1, and other than us trying to get him to drop the evening nap, we didn't do anything to make it happen. 

I know the 1 nap could be a fluke too, and he'll still maybe take 2 now and then.  And at home on the weekends he always naps more.  But this weekend at my mom's he still only took 2 naps most days.  Crazy!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Talk about dropping naps!

• Wow!  I'm just in shock (and envy!) of 4 naps!  But they'll come and go still I bet too with growth spurts, as get gets more mobile, etc.  That's a quick change though! :)
    Pregnant with #1 with PCOS and LPD, success with mostly naturopathic treatments
    Our Thanksgiving Day baby 11/22/07

imageimageimage

Pregnant with #2 with LPD, uterine polyp/hysteroscopy, DOR (AMH = 0.17), 2 c/ps
    Our early Christmas present 12/9/10
  • Wow, that was fast! I'm not looking forward to Maddie dropping any naps...I love my baby, but I love naptime too, lol!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I also wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that he's been sick so much lately, that maybe he was ready to drop a nap or two, but didn't feel good so was sleeping more.  And now that he feels better he's picking up where he should be.  I don't know, but it's weird!

• I'm thinking the same thing jenhum!  I'm not sure what to do with him ALL day if he's not napping!

How do you do it alchris?

• The whole napping evolution is CRAZY! I'm amazed at his progress in 8 weeks. Brooks has been working on the 2-to-1 transition for a few months now. He typically only gets the one nap per day (97%) but there are still those random days where he wants two in a day. As parents we have to learn to be flexible with thier needs, which is super hard for me because I like a set pattern. But I'm learning to just go with it!
    image AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

***Baby #3: BFP Mother

• just wait till they drop them all!  Yeah, it's FUN!  J gets so tired about 5 or 6 he basically falls out.  then he is up 1/2 the night. 

i was cursed w/ a nonsleeping kid.  I I can get him to sleep it usually only lasts for 45 mins. 

• That was fast to drop from 4 to 1 or 2, wow! I know Ashley pretty much dropped her morning nap when she turned 1, my mornings have been a lot harder since I used to get ready for work, catch up on work email, phone calls, etc when she napped, but we have adjusted. I am just dreading when she drops all naps b/c my mom said I did when I was 21 months old and she has followed me pretty close in most things. Good luck Mikey!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"