Parenting after a Loss
Options

D&C and AF questions

So I have a few questions for those who had a D&C before. I had mine 6 months ago. I know a D&C can make for some pretty wonky cycles. It took about 45 days for AF to show up post D&C and I know every body is different. My question is, (and I can't seem to find an answer on Dr. Google, I left a message for my real doctor) after my D&C, my flow has been very, very different. It comes regular give or take a day and last 4-5 days (same as before) but it is heavier and I pass clots every cycle. I don't have bleeding in between either. I doubt it's left over tissue from 6 months ago. The clots remind me of when I was almost done MC very early. Small bloody clots (sorry, TMI), but it makes me nervous, especially since we will be TTC now. Has this happened to anyone? I know TB has a post D&C something on here, can someone point me to it as well?? Thanks so much in advance.
imageimageimage
As soon as I saw you, I knew an adventure was going to happen - Winnie the Pooh

Married 8/22/09
Pregnancy 1- EDD 11/21/10 NMC @ 6 weeks
Pregnancy 2 - Rainbow DS born 1/15/11
Pregnancy 3 - EDD 5/2/14 NMC @ 6 weeks 9/4/13
Pregnancy 4 - EDD 6/11/14 BO @ 9 weeks D&C 11/8/13
 AF arrived 12/18/13
BENCH IS BURNED 2/2014
TTA until May/Jun
WOW!!! I'm pregnant!!! BFP 6/8/14 Rainbow on the way EDD 2/14/15
If there ever comes a day where we can't be together, keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever -
Winnie the Pooh

imageimage
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: D&C and AF questions

• Options
    I haven't had a D&C but passed my three miscarriages naturally. After the third one my RE did an hsg to check my uterus and tubes. We found a blockage of one of my tubes and I ended up having surgery to clear everything out. I do believe, in my case, in contributed to my successful pregnancy. I will probably ask my RE to do that again if/when we decide to TTC again, just to be on the safe side.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Thank you for your replies. My Dr finally called me back and said it is fine. They get a lot of questions like that after D&C and births. What a relief. Thanks so much!
    imageimageimage
    As soon as I saw you, I knew an adventure was going to happen - Winnie the Pooh

Married 8/22/09
    Pregnancy 1- EDD 11/21/10 NMC @ 6 weeks
    Pregnancy 2 - Rainbow DS born 1/15/11
    Pregnancy 3 - EDD 5/2/14 NMC @ 6 weeks 9/4/13
    Pregnancy 4 - EDD 6/11/14 BO @ 9 weeks D&C 11/8/13
     AF arrived 12/18/13
    BENCH IS BURNED 2/2014
    TTA until May/Jun
    WOW!!! I'm pregnant!!! BFP 6/8/14 Rainbow on the way EDD 2/14/15
    If there ever comes a day where we can't be together, keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever -
    Winnie the Pooh

imageimage
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mine have been super light since my D&C which make me nervous too because that is a sign of a thin uterine lining.  Hopefully the heaviness of everything means your ute lining is nice and thick and ready for an egg to get nice and comfy! 

imageimageimage
    My FF Chart:
    http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/490dd7
    TTC #3 since June 2013
    BFP #1 7/21/2013--EDD 3/30/14--D&C 9/24/13
    BFP #2 1/28/14--MC 2/7/14

IUI #1 5mg Femara + trigger = BFN
    IUI #2 5mg Femara + trigger = BFN
    IUI #3 5mg Femara + trigger = BFN
    IVF #1, Stimmed for 12 days, ER 8/22/14, 9 retrieved, 7M, 7F!!  Freeze all due to fluid in uterus.
    FET end of October 2014 cancelled due to fluid in uterus due to possible c-scar defect
    Surgery scheduled 12/12/14 to fix possible isthmocele
    3/26/15 transferred one 8 cell grade 4 embryo and one 6 cell grade 3 embryo = slow rising betas for 2+ weeks = ectopic MTX shot 4/29/15
    Repeat c-scar surgery June 2015
    2nd and last IVF cycle August 2015, stimmed for 12 days, 2 egg retrieved, both mature and both fertilized.  Transferred both 8-cell embryos on Day 3, beta 9/5/15 = BFFN
    MOVING TO ADOPTION!  

• Options
    This did not happen to me so I don't have any advice. I think talking to your doc is the right idea. I'm so sorry you're going through this too. It's just the icing on the stupid effing cake... (((HUGS)))
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP 1 - March 26, 2012, MMC discovered May 21, 2012
    BFP 2 - October 30, 2012, Rainbow Baby Boy born July 14, 2013
    TTC no sooner than November 2014
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"