August 2013 Moms
Options

Are you a thrill seeker?

So I love roller coasters and heights and anything like that - wish I had sky-dived before DD, but now I won't put myself at risk.  Yes I know I could die today from something completely simple, but sky-diving is out of the picture for me now.

Six Flags New England in MA near me opened the world's tallest swing ride today - a swing ride 400 feet in the air.  I'd love to do it, but man...kinda crazy!!!

Are you a thrill seeker?  What have you done/love to do??  Would you get on that swing??

Re: Are you a thrill seeker?

• Options
    lkobriantlkobriant member
    edited May 2014
    Yes, thrill seeker, to an extent.  I would NEVER be able to talk myself into something like that.  Since you live in MA...have you seen this?

DH and I are dying to get back up there for this!!  (his family is in CT) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    ludaliludali member
    I'm in CT but haven't ever seen that!!!  OK that is awesome...and totally something I'd jump into!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    LEMSALEMSA member
    As long as it's not a straight drop, I'd do it. There's a superman ride here in 6flags in TX that's a straight drop down. I did it once and nearly shat my pants. The swings look fun.
  • Options
    BIG FAT NO. I don't do heights. I'm all for coasters and I've Been on others. .400ft is toooooo much
    photo df19160f-bf4d-4b1a-aa18-f922c7344247.jpgphoto 6650edf4-b52e-4beb-a3cd-6bdc9480c61c.jpg
    ~may siggy challenge~

photo IMG_20140501_070346.gif photo IMG_20140501_071323.gif
  • Options
    i love roller coasters! We actually went skydiving on our honeymoon.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    ludaliludali member
    And I just watched a video of a newscaster on it - the camera was facing her while she rode it...seemed like a completely smooth ride and apparently the views are awesome!
  • Options
    @lkobriant I didn't live too far from the Amesbury Sports Park. We used to go tubing there all the time. It's pretty sweet. I've see people doing the Zorb thing, but haven't done it myself. You should do it!

But pics or it didn't happen! :D

• Options
    I don't do thrill-seeking stuff, but I like taking big chances. A long canoe trip far from civilization, hopping on a random train in a foreign country, moving to a city where you don't know anyone, that kind of stuff. (Within reason ... I wouldn't do something dumb or that would end up on Dateline.)

• Options
    I loveeeee thrill seeking stuff!

I also wish I had sky-dived before LO... however, I'm still tempted to do it.  My friend who has 3 kids recently went - she said it was amazing.  Maybe once LO is older, I hope that thrill seeking bone never leaves my body.

I love the straight-down slides at water parks, any roller coaster (hello Orlando - theme park capital!) and similar stuff.  Heck - I went on a helicopter ride when I was 8 months pregnant... I'm nuts!
    photo crunchy_zps41233998.gifimagephoto crunchy_zps41233998.gif
    My baby is ONE!!

• Options
    No heights for me.... but other stuff, sure :) 

Whitewater rafting or kayaking is high on my list. I've given up my boat the past couple of seasons but have no problem hopping on a raft or the shredder. I'm aiming on hopping in my boat this season. I just had one string after the other of some bad swims (pinned my boat and couldn't wet exit) and I took it easy in my boat for a while. We even did it on our wedding day. I broke my toe because I ended up taking a nasty swim, but it's an awesome wedding day story :) 

And then there's my recent stint in roller derby. While I have not made it up the chain to do contact yet, I am chomping at the bit. After skating in a pack the last few practices, I can't wait to start taking and giving hits. 

• Options
    Yes, I am a thrill-seeker! DH thinks I am crazy. ;) On our honeymoon I wanted to climb a waterfall and jump off. He wouldn't let me because I could be knocked up...turns out I was! You win that one DH.

I love roller coasters and anything like that. I would probably ride the swing but wouldn't want to do it alone. :) I would be a little afraid of getting stuck 400 feet in the air though.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Yea, I'm a thrill seeker, I love that kind of stuff. I would probably jump on that.

That being said, I do reconsider a lot of things because of LO. I don't want to do anything that would affect my ability to care for her or be in her life.

• Options
    No roller coaster but I go to work everyday with the possibility someone wants to kill me. Does that count?? ;)
  • Options
    LEMSALEMSA member
    nnikki10 said:

No roller coaster but I go to work everyday with the possibility someone wants to kill me. Does that count?? ;)

Duh that counts.
  • Options
    nnikki10 said:
    You win this thread.
    photo crunchy_zps41233998.gifimagephoto crunchy_zps41233998.gif
    My baby is ONE!!

• Options
    I love the adrenaline rush that you get when your doing something "dangerous" lol.
  • Options
    What about the tallest water slide in the world? Would you ride? 264 steps to get up- going down at 65+mph? 

HELL NO. 

(PS- click the link, it'll take you on a virtual ride……..)
    A'13 June Siggy Contest- TV Dads
  • Options
    RevezRevez member
  • Options
    Not a thrill seeker at all! I am a big sissy.

• Options
    No, no, nope.
  • Options
    I love roller coasters but I'm terrified of heights. I usually about cry on the way up and then it's all squeals of delight.
    imageimageimageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"