Health & Exercise
Options

Workout & Pain

Hi everyone

I'm 31 weeks 2 days pregnant with my first baby and I've struggled through this pregnancy to try and workout...i would stick to a routine (not too hard and based for pregnant women) for a week and then fall off the training wagon for a few weeks after.

The general tiredness & juggling work and home etc wasn't so bad I managed to work out throughout the juggling, most of the time unless I really need to get off my feet.

However constant Charley Horse cramps which would leave me in pain for a couple of days after, SPD & Sciatica pains have been leaving me forced to lay down and put my feet up after work and it's driving me crazy. I know that it's best for me, my baby, and the delivery to be in great shape and that it would help me bounce back to my pre-pregnant body which I loved fast.

I was working out and had built up to amazing endurance and strength prior to my wedding with a personal trainer, that's up to last July. But then I got married, went away, got back to work, started the juggling, and got pregnant so fast that I stopped working out for about 6-7 months and been only trying to re-workout for the past 3-4 months.

anyone been through this before? any advice? I'm getting really discouraged and my legs-among the rest of me- are getting out of shape (they looked perfect last august) rather quickly and its bringing me down.
imageimage
God Bless You my Little One
Farida, our first child, born on the 19th of July 2014
Farida, at 8 weeks

Re: Workout & Pain

• Options
    NADA-HNADA-H member
    going swimming for the first time since I got pregnant this Saturday, I hope it makes me feel better
    imageimage
    God Bless You my Little One
    Farida, our first child, born on the 19th of July 2014
    Farida, at 8 weeks
  • Options
    I second the swimming idea. Please don't push yourself too far. You are more prone to injury, especially in third tri, with the balance shifts. Staying healthy by not overdoing it and injuring yourself outweighs being healthy by strenuous workouts in third tri, IMO.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"