Pregnant after a Loss
Options

GTKY: Favorites, superpower, and pet peeves

I feel like the board is a little slow today.

How about a GTKY?

Alrightey then, let's do this!

1-  What's your all time favorite movie?

2-  What's your favorite cooking 'secret ingredient'?  You know like that little thing that you always find yourself saying "....it needs just a dash of _____"

3-  What's your favorite scent?

4-  If you could have any superpower, what would it be?

5-  What are your top 5 pet peeves (and if you "don't have five", we all know you're lying, so come on, cough 'em up)?
Began trying for a baby January 2012
BFP 4.25.2013  EDD 1.3.2014  MMC 6.3.2013  D&C 6.19.2013
BFP 11.3.2013  CP 11.6.2013
BFP 3.31.2014 EDD 12.10.2014 Baby boy Carlson born 12.19.2014 

Re: GTKY: Favorites, superpower, and pet peeves

• Options
    edited May 2014
    I'll bite since it was my post 'n all :).

1-  What's your all time favorite movie?  So many...but one I can watch over and over again is Father of the Bride.  

2-  What's your favorite cooking 'secret ingredient'?  You know like that little thing that you always find yourself saying "....it needs just a dash of _____"  
    Dill.  I know, isn't that random?

3-  What's your favorite scent?  The way breakfast food smells when it's wafting through the air from a breakfast joint.  I just love it.  It's like syrup, coffee, bacon and toast all in one.  

4-  If you could have any superpower, what would it be?  To fly!! image

5-  What are your top 5 pet peeves (and if you "don't have five", we all know you're lying, so come on, cough 'em up)?
    1.  People trying to talk with their mouths full and/or not closing their mouth while they chew
    2.  When cars don't use turn signals and/or general head sense when it comes to driving.  Really, just bad drivers in general.
    3.  Poor manners in general (that covers a lot, I know, that's intentional)
    4.  Micro-managers
    5.  People who get all up in bizzness that's none of theirs!

• Options
    megbmegmegbmeg member
    Fun idea! 

At first, I thought I couldn't name one. But then I realized: The BBC's Pride & Prejudice. Woohoo!
    There is this amazing cajun seasoning called Lucille's. It is yummy on everything, especially popcorn. 

Choc. chip cookies baking. Especially if I didn't have to make them. 

I'm thinking power over time. Like a magic Tivo remote that could pause, fast forward, rewind, etc. 

Hate hate hate getting cut off while I'm driving. I hate it so much I'm counting it as two peeves.  
    When someone doesn't pull up so you can't get by to get in the left turn lane & then you miss the light! 
    Your/You're 
    People on their phones during dinner

Baby GIRL born 12/11/14!!
    MC @ 8 wks 7/6/13 - ectopic @ 6 wks 12/28/13

In loving memory of sweet baby HP, and all our angel babies. Forever in our hearts.image 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    megbmeg said:
    Fun idea! 

There is this amazing cajun seasoning called Lucille's. It is yummy on everything, especially popcorn. 

Yum!!!!  That sounds delicious.  I'm going to have to get some to try ;).  I love flavoring my popcorn, usually I use cumin and paprika but I'm always down for switching it up.
  • Options
    rmpar29rmpar29 member
    How fun!

1-  What's your all time favorite movie?  The Notebook, love it!

2-  What's your favorite cooking 'secret ingredient'?  You know like that little thing that you always find yourself saying "....it needs just a dash of _____"  Garlic, I add it to just about everything

3-  What's your favorite scent?  I agree with @carlsonbaby2014...breakfast! 

4-  If you could have any superpower, what would it be?  Teleportation!

a.  People that go on and on about their life when you ask something simple like "how is your day".  I'm not Dr. Phil!

b.  People that don't know how to drive, like driving under the speed limit, or don't use turn signals.

c.  People that don't teach their children how to behave in public, or let their children run through a store or parking lot unattended.

d.  Racial slurs...it infuriates me when I hear someone call another person something bad just because they are black, or hispanic, or a foreigner.

e.  Poor customer service, why is it so hard to get good service sometimes?  Either at a restaurant or calling up on an account over the phone.  I understand not everyone can solve my problems, but if you are nice to me I'll be nice back.  If you get bitchy, so will I!
    TTC #3 since 8/2012 image
    DX Endometriosis 2/2002 (lost left tube due to a cyst), PCOS
    6/2010
     BFP - 10/18/2012, EDD - 6/26/2013, Baby Girl lost at 22 weeks (T21), D&E 2/15/2013
    BFP - 4/23/2014, EDD - 1/2/2015 Twin Boys lost at 12 weeks, M/C 6/25/2014

My chart here  All ALers welcome!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    June 3Missing Our January Snowflake
  • Options
    1- What's your all time favorite movie?  Hard to choose.  But I'd say every time Legally Blonde is on TV, I have to watch it.  Weird cause chick flicks aren't really my thing.
    2- What's your favorite cooking 'secret ingredient'? You know like that little thing that you always find yourself saying "....it needs just a dash of _____"  Everything good has salt, pepper, and garlic in it.  Honorable mentions to lemon and balsamic vinegar.
    3- What's your favorite scent?  My magnolia tree when it's in bloom.
    4- If you could have any superpower, what would it be?  Flying would be cool, so would teleportation.  Anything that maximizes my time home.  :)
    5- What are your top 5 pet peeves (and if you "don't have five", we all know you're lying, so come on, cough 'em up)?  Umm... just fiveHaha.  I could probably list at least 20 without much thought.Fake people / hypocrites.A wet sponge in the sink.Hair in the shower drain (even though it's always mine).The way my boss enters my office when he has a terrible assignment to give me.  I can hear him walking down the hall rubbing his hands together, almost in a gleeful fashion.  WTF?!?!"Multi-tasking" 
    BFP#1 - M/C on 12/23/13
    ~*~*~December 2014 PGaL ~*~*~
    Rainbow baby born on 12/19/2014

• Options
    Pet peeve #6 -when TB unformats my reply and won't let me edit.  Gah!!
    BFP#1 - M/C on 12/23/13
    ~*~*~December 2014 PGaL ~*~*~
    Rainbow baby born on 12/19/2014

• Options
    edited May 2014
    5- What are your top 5 pet peeves (and if you "don't have five", we all know you're lying, so come on, cough 'em up)?  Umm... just fiveHaha.  I could probably list at least 20 without much thought.
    I know, right?  MH actually told me once that I have too many pet peeves.  Ahhhh well....

I agree with you on the wet sponge in the sink!!!  It always makes me feel nasty :-&
  • Options
    Momtobe85 said:
    5. The male yoga students I have who literally burp super loud and in my face while I'm teaching. I could go on for days with these... Fun idea @carlsonbaby2014‌ :)

That sucks you have to deal with that!!!!  Ew!  I hope you go to your happy place and focus on the smell of lavender, bacon, or brownies instead of nasty man-burps.
  • Options
    Yay, good idea!

1-  What's your all time favorite movie? Don't throw things at me, but Titanic. I was in 6th grade when it came out and I was obsessed. I had Leo DiCaprio and Titanic posters all over my bedroom! To this day if it's playing on TV I have to sit and watch it, commercials and all, despite the fact that I also have it on DVD!

2-  What's your favorite cooking 'secret ingredient'?  You know like that little thing that you always find yourself saying "....it needs just a dash of _____" Sorry to be boring, but just salt and pepper. I'm not too adventurous a cook!

3-  What's your favorite scent? I love the way lilacs smell in the spring. Amazing! And they bloom for such a short time, so it's special. ;)

4-  If you could have any superpower, what would it be? I would love the power to heal anybody/anything.

• Hypocrisy (although I know as humans we're all guilty of this!)
    • Indecisiveness
    • My hair (it's so thick and curly and hard to manage! Especially in humid weather like we've been having here lately. Blah!)
    • Drinking soda in the morning. I don't know why but it just makes me cringe when I hear my colleagues cracking cans of soda open at 9am! 
    • Chipped nail polish
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Yay, good idea!

1-  What's your all time favorite movie? Don't throw things at me, but Titanic. I was in 6th grade when it came out and I was obsessed. I had Leo DiCaprio and Titanic posters all over my bedroom! To this day if it's playing on TV I have to sit and watch it, commercials and all, despite the fact that I also have it on DVD!
    That was my favorite movie when I was in middle school too!!  I also had posters all over my room, even one on my ceiling so I could look into Jack's eyes  ;;)
  • Options
    4-  If you could have any superpower, what would it be? to snap my fingers and have the house be cleaned, laundry done and put away
    Why didn't I think of that one???!!!!  Brilliant!!!
  • Options
    Yay, good idea!

That was my favorite movie when I was in middle school too!!  I also had posters all over my room, even one on my ceiling so I could look into Jack's eyes  ;;)
    OMG me too!!!! I had a little collage of Leo pics on my ceiling. I also had his biography paperback, and I would always kiss the picture of him on the cover, lol. What a beautiful young man!
  • Options
    1- What's your all time favorite movie?
    You, me and Dupree

2- What's your favorite cooking 'secret ingredient'? You know like that little thing that you always find yourself saying "....it needs just a dash of _____"
    Lemon or lime juice :)

3- What's your favorite scent?
    Camellias

4- If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
    I want the Mary poppins head nod or the I dream of Jeanie nose wiggle ;) or maybe amazing shrinking woman after this baby comes!!

5- What are your top 5 pet peeves (and if you "don't have five", we all know you're lying, so come on, cough 'em up)?
    1) automated calls
    2) people who won't use a turn lane
    3) talking with your mouth full
    4) not using a turn signal
    5) pushy salespeople

married my best friend 10/04/08, TTC since July 2012
    BFP#1 Thanksgiving 11/22/12, mo-mo twins(one sac), traditional EDD 7/27/13, EDD due to risk 6/15/13
    mmc Angel 2/7/13 @ 15w3d, mmc Aubrey 2/13/13 @ 16w2d, D&E 2/16/13

BFP#2 9/21/13, EDD 6/2/14, DD born 5/17/14 

imageimage image

All AL always welcome in my threads!

• Options
    edited May 2014
    3- What's your favorite scent? Camellias 
    Beautiful camellias for a beautiful lady!

Also - 20 days away from meeting your LO!!!!  EEEEeeeeeee!!!!  :D
  • Options
    voplovoplo member
    1-  What's your all time favorite movie? Into the Wild. I love that movie. 

2-  What's your favorite cooking 'secret ingredient'?  You know like that little thing that you always find yourself saying "....it needs just a dash of _____" Celery salt. Celery salt makes everything better :P

3-  What's your favorite scent? Vanilla.... 

4-  If you could have any superpower, what would it be? Right now...teletransportation.. . My feet are so swollen that it is painful to walk. Also it would save me a lot of time!!! :)

Ugh, tough one...

1. Abuse of power... Any kind, teachers to students, boss to workers, guardians to children. It is awful in every single way I can think of. Specially adult-children relations... I hate watching that... 

2. Hypocrites. I wish everyone could say what they really think instead what they think I would like to hear, even if it is for my "own good". I hate people talking behind my back. Although I haven't catch anyone doing it (I know they do it!! Damn it.)

3. Lack of respect. Such a simple rule and so hard to follow. Don't treat anyone like you wouldn't like to be treated... 

4. Mind your own business. If none is on a immediate danger, let them be... You don't need to give your input in every single person/situation you meet. Your way maybe is not the best way for me. Specially related to parenting issues. Also don't encourage anyone to physically punish a child. That is not ok. 

5. Seriously....don't leave you underwear on the floor by the side of the bed when the laundry basked is 2 feet away... This goes to my husband... I don't even know how explain how crazy this makes me.

Mummy to 2 wonderful children
    Noah (2011) & Lily (2014)
  • Options
    rox825rox825 member

1-  What's your all time favorite movie?  The Sound of Music

2-  What's your favorite cooking 'secret ingredient'?  You know like that little thing that you always find yourself saying "....it needs just a dash of _____"  Dijon mustard

3-  What's your favorite scent?  In the summer, he beach- salt water, sunscreen, etc.  In the winter, spicy baking scents like cinnamon/vanilla/cloves/etc.

4-  If you could have any superpower, what would it be?  Good question, I never would've thought of it on my own but I like the magic cleaning idea!

5-  What are your top 5 pet peeves (and if you "don't have five", we all know you're lying, so come on, cough 'em up)?  Could vs couldn't care less, when someone pushes their way onto an elevator before seeing whether anyone is getting off first, a-hole drivers, little kids who are afraid of dogs (unless they've been attacked or bitten or have a legitimate reason), and closed-minded people.

TTC since Sept 2011, Unexplained IF
    Oct 12 - Jan 14: 3 clomid/TI cycles, 2 hysteroscopies, 2 IUIs, 1 BFP (MMC @ 12w), 2 more IUIs
    Feb 14: Gonal-f + IUI #5 = BFP! (EDD 11/4/14)
    Baby boy arrived 11/13/14!

• Options
    classicstar28classicstar28 member
    edited May 2014
    1-  What's your all time favorite movie?  When Harry Met Sally.  I've seriously seen it about a million times and I never ever get sick of it.

2-  What's your favorite cooking 'secret ingredient'?  You know like that little thing that you always find yourself saying "....it needs just a dash of _____"  Butter!  I pretty much put butter on or in everything I make. 

3-  What's your favorite scent?  Vanilla, cinnamon apple, peppermint, butterfly flower, baked things....

4-  If you could have any superpower, what would it be?  Hmm...  Something like Samantha in Bewitched.  Twitch my nose and stuff gets done or I can go wherever/send people away from me.

1. People saying things that are incorrect or posting one of those chain things on Facebook without checking to see if it's true.  It isn't that hard to fact check stuff.

2. Being told how to do things I already know how to do.  For example, how to make copies on the copy machine.  I get that not everyone knows my background and they probably are just trying to be helpful, but seriously if I need help I'll ask for it.

3.  Other drivers: speeding around me like a crazy person, not using turn signal, tailgating, driving REALLY slow (in the left or middle lane and/or without warning lights), cutting me off, failing to understand right-of-way (4 way stops etc), speeding around parking lots especially when I'm already halfway backed out of my space, and cyclists who ride in the car lane or right on the very edge of the bike lane when there is a GIANT and clear bike lane.  Yeah, I hate driving.

4.  People who don't neuter/spay their pets.  I get really disturbed when we go to the dog park and I see a dog with giant balls running around loose.

5. Saying words incorrectly such as "perfec" instead of "perfect" or using idiot spellings for words like "wit" for "with" or "bk" for "back."

Me- 29, DH - 28
    BFP #1 9/27/2013, EDD 6/10/2014, Mmc 11/01/2013, completed with misoprostol 11/8/2013
    BFP #2 2/5/2014, EDD 10/15/2014, Lillian Verletta born 10/23/14
    Daisypath Friendship tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    PAL January Siggy Challenge: Good Advice
  • Options
    Qfrump said:
    Is it weird to say Mulan?  
    Not at all!!!!  I love that movie.  It's up there on my list.

And invisibility would be a pretty badass superpower! 
  • Options
    4.  People who don't neuter/spay their pets.  I get really disturbed when we go to the dog park and I see a dog with giant balls running around loose.
    I. am. so. with. you.

• Options
    megbmegmegbmeg member
    megbmeg said:
    Fun idea! 

Yum!!!!  That sounds delicious.  I'm going to have to get some to try ;).  I love flavoring my popcorn, usually I use cumin and paprika but I'm always down for switching it up.
    It is SO good. This is the one to get if you see it anywhere. Only one store in my town carries it, and we buy a bunch at once! 

In loving memory of sweet baby HP, and all our angel babies. Forever in our hearts.image 

• Options
    @classicstar28 When Harry Met Sally is one of my faves, too! Definitely my favorite rom-com, hands-down. I also love You've Got Mail. Old school Meg Ryan was totes adorbs  ;)
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    @classicstar28 When Harry Met Sally is one of my faves, too! Definitely my favorite rom-com, hands-down. I also love You've Got Mail. Old school Meg Ryan was totes adorbs  ;)
    Agreed!  It's been forever since I've seen this one but I remember loving her in French Kiss.

I still remember my favorite line from the movie:  "Beautiful...gorgeous...wish you were here!!!"
  • Options
    LittleMsLewisLittleMsLewis member
    edited May 2014
    1- What's your all time favorite movie? Labyrinth! Go 80's! Lol. 2- What's your favorite cooking 'secret ingredient'? You know like that little thing that you always find yourself saying "....it needs just a dash of _____" Club House roasted red pepper seasoning. Or hot sauce. It ALWAYS needs hot sauce. By it, I mean everything. 3- What's your favorite scent? Fall 4- If you could have any superpower, what would it be? Hmmm...shape shifting or time travel. 5- What are your top 5 pet peeves (and if you "don't have five", we all know you're lying, so come on, cough 'em up)? 1. Your/you're, to/too, their/they're...you get the point. 2. That my grade 4 and 5 students refuse to indent. IT'S NOT OPTIONAL! Lazy! Or rather, that their home room teachers aren't just marking any writing not using proper formatting incorrect and making them fix it. 3. Bad drivers 4. People who give their children stupid names that won't be taken seriously in the real world. Q-Tay is not a name. Neither is Princess. 5. When my husband leaves cupboard doors slightly ajar, instead of closing them. I'm short, it's a hazard.
    BFP 01/17/2014, Due 10/05/2014, MMC, we said goodbye 03/07/2014

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Fun game!

When Harry Met Sally, but Love Actually is a close second

I like adding turmeric to things, just a bit to round out the flavor

Lavender 

I Dream of Jeannie powers, I'm pretty sure she could clean her house, teleport, or do whatever with a cross of her arms and a head bop.

1) bad grammer
     2) people who wait until theverylastsecond to merge
     3) political opinions on Facebook
     4) people who use their phone to text or look something up while we are in the middle of a conversation
     5) people who leave their grocery cart in the middle of a parking space - seriously the cart corral is not that far away, unless you have a darn good reason I expect you to walk it back to where it belongs

My fur-babies Chuck Norris, Stella, and Lucy
    imageimageimage

BFP #1 1/4/14; EDD 9/16/14;  mc 1/17/14 
    BFP #2 3/12/14; baby girl born 11/21/14          
  • Options
    1-  What's your all time favorite movie?  St. Elmo's Fire

2-  What's your favorite cooking 'secret ingredient'?  You know like that little thing that you always find yourself saying "....it needs just a dash of _____"  Seasoned salt!

3-  What's your favorite scent?  Men's aftershave/cologne

4-  If you could have any superpower, what would it be?  To fly

1.  Grumpy people who don't say hello when passed in the hallway
    2.  People who don't hold the door
    3.  Bad grammar
    4.  When DH doesn't hang up the kitchen towel, and instead leaves it in a wad on the counter
    5.  People who wear their shoes in my house and don't ask if they should take them off

Ava's Story
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BFP#2 10/18/13  Blighted ovum 11/25/13

BFP #3 1/31/14 EDD 10/18/14 -- It's a GIRL!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    1. Favorite movie? I have several and I love cheesy romantic movies like The Holiday, Father of the Bride and Sleepless in Seattle.

2. Favorite cooking ingredient? Minced garlic

3. Favorite scent? Lavender

4. Superpower? I would love to time travel.

5. Top 5 Pet Peeves:

A. People who have nasally voices.

B. People who say "no offense but..."

C. People who say their kid's ages in months after age 2.

D. People who judge a situation they know nothing about.

E. When people push their beliefs on others. Drives me crazy.

• Options
    1. Favorite movie? I have several and I love cheesy romantic movies like The Holiday, Father of the Bride and Sleepless in Seattle. 
    TWINSIES!!!!  Also, I loooooove Sleepless in Seattle.  It's a classic.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    1. What's your all time favorite movie? I have so many but I have to say Aladdin is my most favorite! Ever since I was little
    2.  What's your favorite cooking 'secret ingredient'? You know like that little thing that you always find yourself saying "....it needs just a dash of _____" Garlic. I eat it on almost everything and cheese. Everything could use some cheese.
    3.  What's your favorite scent? The smell of of the outdoors after a rainstorm. When everything smells fresh. Also roses. 
    4.  If you could have any superpower, what would it be? The ability to regenerate or heal quickly so that I could protect my loved ones and not get hurt
    5. What are your top 5 pet peeves (and if you "don't have five", we all know you're lying, so come on, cough 'em up)?   1)I have a really hard time with negative people. People who constantly complain about everything and can't be happy for others. 2) Weird short versions of other words like jelly for jelous or Lates for later. Why does it need to be shortened more?3)Wreckless drivers who don't have the common sense to use blinkers or to slow down when approaching another vehicle. 4) Anyone who posts their dirty laundry on Facebook. 5) This one may be a little weird. When parents don't clean their kid's faces when going out in public. Like my sister (love her very much) but she never cleans my nephews face after he eats ice cream or something messy. So, his face is covered in chocolate when out in public. I don't know why but this drives me crazy.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
                                                   TTC Since 2009 
                                        BFP 1: Nov 2010 MMC at 5 Weeks
                  BFP 2: June 2010 First Round of Clomid Blighted Ovum at 7 weeks
         Surprise BFP 3: Feb 2014, Healthy Baby Boy Due October 27th 2014. OB thinks this is it!
  • Options
    megbmegmegbmeg member
    @songbirdsinging55‌ the after rain smell is heavenly!! I was so tempted to say totes heavenly ;)

• Options
    slensicslensic member
    1-  What's your all time favorite movie? Princess Bride

2-  What's your favorite cooking 'secret ingredient'?  You know like that little thing that you always find yourself saying "....it needs just a dash of _____" Cumin

3-  What's your favorite scent? Vanilla

4-  If you could have any superpower, what would it be? Hmmm... pause/fast forward buttom on time. I always could use more time but occasionally would like the day to go faster too.

Whistling
    not understanding the concept of how to get on the freeway
    Excuses when you should really just say, sorry I f*cked up
    I also think airing your dirty laundry on FB is awful, I hide you when that happens
    rudeness

image image   image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary

BFP#1 9/25/10 DD born 6/9/11
    BFP#2 8/1/13 MC 8/31/13
    BFP#3 11/2/13 EDD 7/15/14 Stick baby Stick
    1st u/s 11/26/13 at 7w, measuring right on track and a heartbeat of 139bpm
    NT Scan 1/6/14 at 12w 6d, normal healthy squirmy baby measuring right on track heartbeat of 147bpm
    1st 2nd tri Scan 2/3/14 at 16w 6d, very healthy baby BOY!
    A/S 3/4/14 still a very healthy BOY, measuring right on track!
    DS born 7/9/14

All always welcome

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"