April 2013 Moms

Should I stay or should I go?

CanukMamCanukMam member
edited May 2014 in April 2013 Moms
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coPB3GLpx98

Guess I'm not feeling the love lately and perhaps it's just because of few vocal people. I'm also newly pregnant, weening and super hormonal bitchy/sensitive. I don't need to be somewhere if I'm not wanted... so... should I stay or should I go?
Pregnancy Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Should I stay or should I go? 87 votes

Stay
16% 14 votes
Go - Aren't you gone already?!?!
8% 7 votes
I don't care! This poll is childish
52% 46 votes
SS-Show me the results
22% 20 votes

Re: Should I stay or should I go?

• With so much drama on TB A13...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • oh man I doubt that, I've seen some pretty crazy ass posts on here
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm fine with not always being agreed with but being accused of being russianmommy is where I draw the freaking line. This is not the first time this has come up and it's really insulting. I've been with you gals since day freaking one.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • CanukMamCanukMam member
    edited May 2014
    I just wanted to get a temperature for whether or not I'm wanted here. Like I said, I'm not feeling the love lately, so if I'm the new "russianmommy" then I'm just gonna bail.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • You were insensitive in a post, and then carried it over in a snarky way in another post. Not exactly earth shattering...do what you want. I-)
  • credit for posting appropriate poll options!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Kate_CKate_C member
    I'm sorry if I offended you with the RussianMommy comment. The snarky response in the other post just sounded like something she would say.

We all say insensitive or stupid stuff on here on occasion or take something personally. It it really bothers you, this isn't the place for you. If you can own it when something comes out the wrong way, c'mon back. Your call.
  • JSS1002JSS1002 member
    I don't think anybody is asking you to leave.  seems like you had a pretty small disagreement with somebody ,and everybody moved on, but then you brought it up again in sort of a martyr'ish matter. 

My perspective on this is that I personally didn't think you were being insensitive to begin with, but since I have never struggled with IF, I don't really "get" an opinion -- I think plenty of worse things have been said, both on the boards and in person, regarding the topic at hand.  

I don't think anybody wants to see you go, unless you're going to keep bringing up old stuff, because then nobody can move on from it.  

Also, I don't think that you are russianmommy -- she had a very distinctive manner of speaking, and basically every other word out of her mouth was "my daughter" this and "my daughter" that -- before the baby was even born.  It was annoying.

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I just brought it back up because it just happened the other day and then immediately someone else makes a post about the exact same topic! ugh

Thanks @Kate_C
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I like you too @knitfaced Lets move on..
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Don't be dumb. Stay and learn from mistakes. We are all grown ups and despite the drama from the other day (and a little today) no one dislikes you... Just maybe the attitude that accompanied the comments. Which, let's be honest, I've never really seen from you before so I'm already over it.
    "As soon as I saw you I knew an adventure was going to happen." ~Winnie the Pooh
  • I don't really care either way, but it seems you don't understand why you're upsetting people, so if you stay you're probably going to keep getting negative feedback unless you change your tone.

Case in point: CanukMam
    Yeah I'm not gonna answer that, its
    too insentive

It seems you don't get why people were upset with you in the post from the other day. It's not the fact that you can get pregnant easily that offends people (at least I'm not bothered by it.) It was your comments afterwards, the one above included, that are annoying. I struggled with IF and during that time, comments like yours just made it worse. Now that you understand that, you'd think you could accept that other people on this board could be struggling with IF at this moment and tone down your bragginess about how easily you can get pregnant. It's just not really necessary, KWIM? You could have easily answered today's question in a factual manner without the attitude. Just my two cents.

Anniversary

• I forgot about russianmommy......
    Chad and Fawn

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Anniversary

• tondraluv said:
    W T F did I miss? I'm off to do some research
    me too!!

Annoying isn't it. I am like weow.. I missed a lot apparently. 

• JSS1002JSS1002 member

I don't really care either way, but it seems you don't understand why you're upsetting people, so if you stay you're probably going to keep getting negative feedback unless you change your tone.

too insentive

It seems you don't get why people were upset with you in the post from the other day. It's not the fact that you can get pregnant easily that offends people (at least I'm not bothered by it.) It was your comments afterwards, the one above included, that are annoying. I struggled with IF and during that time, comments like yours just made it worse. Now that you understand that, you'd think you could accept that other people on this board could be struggling with IF at this moment and tone down your bragginess about how easily you can get pregnant. It's just not really necessary, KWIM? You could have easily answered today's question in a factual manner without the attitude. Just my two cents.

For the sake of disclosure I don't understand why what she said was offensive either -- except for commenting that knit was being too sensitive. The rest of the thread seemed innocent to me -- but I would take it as an education opportunity if somebody wants to explain it.

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • JSS1002 said:

I don't really care either way, but it seems you don't understand why you're upsetting people, so if you stay you're probably going to keep getting negative feedback unless you change your tone.

too insentive

For the sake of disclosure I don't understand why what she said was offensive either -- except for commenting that knit was being too sensitive. The rest of the thread seemed innocent to me -- but I would take it as an education opportunity if somebody wants to explain it.
    So I can be nosy, which post did she call knit sensitive? I saw the Russianmommy one but not the other.
    @ClandestineX‌ , @tondraluv‌ and I need to know!
  • I don't really care either way, but it seems you don't understand why you're upsetting people, so if you stay you're probably going to keep getting negative feedback unless you change your tone. Case in point: CanukMam Yeah I'm not gonna answer that, its too insentive It seems you don't get why people were upset with you in the post from the other day. It's not the fact that you can get pregnant easily that offends people (at least I'm not bothered by it.) It was your comments afterwards, the one above included, that are annoying. I struggled with IF and during that time, comments like yours just made it worse. Now that you understand that, you'd think you could accept that other people on this board could be struggling with IF at this moment and tone down your bragginess about how easily you can get pregnant. It's just not really necessary, KWIM? You could have easily answered today's question in a factual manner without the attitude. Just my two cents.
    So I can be nosy, which post did she call knit sensitive? I saw the Russianmommy one but not the other. @ClandestineX‌ , @tondraluv‌ and I need to know!

it was a post about sex while TTC
    "As soon as I saw you I knew an adventure was going to happen." ~Winnie the Pooh
  • @JSS1002‌, like was said in that thread, it wasn't that particular posting that was necessarily insensitive. Like knit said in that post, it was about the 4th time within that week she mentioned how quickly and easily she gets pregnant or how amazing the process was for her while getting pregnant. While one or two posts about that alone can be easily dismissed by someone who is jealous or upset about their lack of ease of conceiving, by the fourth or fifth time anyone who has been TTC without luck or took years to TTC are probably ready to throw something at her, regardless of being happy for her for being pregnant... Which is why knit stated for her to try to be sensitive to others who it may not come as easily to.
  • JSS1002JSS1002 member
    arschm02 said:
    @JSS1002‌, like was said in that thread, it wasn't that particular posting that was necessarily insensitive. Like knit said in that post, it was about the 4th time within that week she mentioned how quickly and easily she gets pregnant or how amazing the process was for her while getting pregnant. While one or two posts about that alone can be easily dismissed by someone who is jealous or upset about their lack of ease of conceiving, by the fourth or fifth time anyone who has been TTC without luck or took years to TTC are probably ready to throw something at her, regardless of being happy for her for being pregnant... Which is why knit stated for her to try to be sensitive to others who it may not come as easily to.
    Ah.  Roger.  I guess I didn't see any of that other stuff.

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Hummmmm is there a SNOOZE emoticon on this thing!?!?! ....:yawn:.....

"I won't give up on us, even if the skies get rough, I'm giving you all my love, I"m still looking up."
    TTC #1 since August 2011 MFI Diagnosis - April 2012
    IVF #1 - July 2012 - Stims start 7/2, ER 7/12, 20 retrieved, 16 mature, 13 fertilized!
    ET - 7/17 - 1 blast transferred. Beta - 7/26 273, Beta 2 7/30 - 1143. Beta 3 8/6 - 11,597
    12/25 - Santa tells us "IT'S A GIRL!" EDD - April 4th

Our Little Easter Bunny has arrived!

Molly Mildred born 03/31/13

TTC A Sibling....... FET #1 11/14/14, Transferred one beautiful blast

Remaining four frosties arrested due to "embryologist error"

Plllllleasssee stick little icicle.....Beta 11/23...BFN

Starting ALL over with a fresh IVF cycle

Stims start 11/28/14, ER December 10th, 13 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, only 4 fertilized 

1 Blast Transferred on December 15th..... Beta Christmas Eve... Please Santa, bring me a baby!

Beta #1 345.....Beta #2....750/ First U/S 1/13/15/HB 131....EDD 9/2/2015

• JBDamonM said:

Hummmmm is there a SNOOZE emoticon on this thing!?!?! ....:yawn:.....

LOL seriously!

Anniversary

• continuing to bring attention to it seems a bit AW....

It was a blip of drama, people stated their opinions, seems like everyone was satisfied their points were made and to move on.

but maybe we should take a poll about that too? ;)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFetus Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"