July 2014 Moms

FTM - Mother instinc

Soooo I went to the "Desserts of the World Festival 2014". I was so happy to be stuffing face with all these wonderful treats until this one woman elbowed me in the stomach while pushing her way through a line...I briefly thought she may be suffering from a hangry pregnant moment herself until I had to SERIOUSLY stop myself from punching her in the face. She had no clue she had hit me (and we're not talking a slight brush of an elbow here)  but I had this overwhelming urge to I guess "defend myself"??? I have never felt anything like that before...to the point where it almost scared me. Is this a case of that mama bear instinct?

PS I could have totally dropped her....8 months pregnant and all :-)

Re: FTM - Mother instinc

• I had a guy run me off the road yesterday. I followed him and then lost my shit. You are not alone. I have a lot more guts now then I ever thought I would.
  • Loading the player...
  • It's crazy how intense the fight part of "fight or flight" kicks in sometimes. I haven't had too many face-punching urges this go around, but I remember when DS1 was itty bitty, he started choking on spit-up or reflux while DH was changing him. I flew across the room and nearly bowled DH over grabbing DS out of his arms. It happened before I could really think about it, and I apologized to DH later for freaking out like I didn't trust him to deal with the situation.

• I have wanted to hit numerous people including some woman who literally pushed me getting on the subway today- seriously people need to calm the f down. I will drop you.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image image
  • I got cut off really badly on the freeway awhile back, DS was also in the car with me and I was literally shaking I was so upset. DS flops all over my belly so I'm a little less worried about an elbow to the gut, but a potential car crash makes me sick to my stomach.
    One direction photo: One Direction gif onedirectiongifmacarenaey_zpsbdaf903f.gif
    DS born 3.12 
    DD born 7.14
  • I got cut off really badly on the freeway awhile back, DS was also in the car with me and I was literally shaking I was so upset. DS flops all over my belly so I'm a little less worried about an elbow to the gut, but a potential car crash makes me sick to my stomach.
    same here. I get really worked up any time there's a "risky" situation on the road. 

BabyFruit Ticker

• I get that way sometimes too. People get dirty looks from me on a regular basis, I do it before I realize what I'm doing. Also, I almost throat punched a cashier at walmart when DS was a couple months old because she picked up his car seat which he was in and laced it on the front part to put bags in the cart, I gave her the dirtiest look and have never gone through her line since that happened.
     Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had a woman walk by me this weekend while she was fishing in her tote bag, and her tote swung out and knocked me in the belly so hard that it made me take a few steps back.  She kept walking and didn't notice a thing, but in hindsight I wish I had said something.  Oh, well.

Sorry you were elbowed! :(
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• During my first pregnancy, I was about 8 months pregnant & walking thru a parking lot when this guy started backing out of his space without looking behind him & nearly hit me. I lost my freaking mind on him. I'm sure if that happened any other non-pregnant time to me I'd have been annoyed, but in that moment I was basically psychotic. So maybe a little mama bear, maybe a little pregnancy hormones...
  • People are such assholes... Everyone just needs to calm their tits!!

BFP#1: 08/30/12 EDD 04/30/12 m/c 09/04/12 6wks
    BFP#2: 01/27/13 EDD 10/06/13 missed m/c 02/25/13 9wks
    BFP#3: 10/30/13 EDD 07/05/14 Our little dude was born on 07/10/14 @ 2:19p <3

• AMcLawsAMcLaws member
    edited May 2014
    I've been bumped a few times at work. I whipped around on Saturday and asked a cashier "what is WITH you people constantly hitting my belly???? Is it REALLY that hard to freaking see??"

EDIT: grammar
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Photobucket
  • Sounds like a mama bear moment to me.  Before having DS I never would've done some of the things I've done.  One time a jerk on the highway started moving into my lane and would've sideswiped me if I hadn't been fast enough to change lanes (or if someone had been next to me, I would've smacked them).  I caught up to that bastard and flashed my lights, honked, flipped him off...never would've done that before!  Similar thing when some jerk on a windy road was riding up my ass, tiny little DS was in his carseat in the back and all I could think was if this guy hits us, DS is in trouble.  I kept turning around and mouthing "BACK OFF" and finally flipped him off (DH was driving).  He FINALLY passed us, thankfully.  Yeah, if you threaten my baby's safety I'm going postal on your ass.  And this is coming from a pacifist.  I NEVER flip people off.  Or never used to. :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic imagephoto Candle_zps6cecf456.png 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers 

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • ChrisBChrisB member
    People just need to slow the eff down and be more aware of who and what is going on around them. I will tell you, if I am bumped into, elbowed or otherwise I will most definitely say something. Pregnant or not. I just think it's rude to knock into someone and not apologize. Same goes for holding the door for the person behind you. Consideration goes a long way!
  • I work at a skating rink in a small town. Most of the people are well aware I am a preggo, and make sure they take care around me, but some of the more reckless kids.. If I see them coming at me, I put an arm on my belly and the other out so they hit my arm, if anything. But they are little kids, and I understand that.

Full grown adults can suck my lady dick. I give dirty looks, I say what I mean to say, I don't care. I don't do rudeness even when I'm not pregnant, but when I AM pregnant? Ohh. OHH. A mean girl, and my DH is just as protective. He loves his girls. Mama bear instinct or not, people need to get some dang respect for others.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• This may sound weird, but I'm super paranoid about being the victim of that Knock Out game.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Emilyfae said:

This may sound weird, but I'm super paranoid about being the victim of that Knock Out game.

OMG I was too when I first heard about it and then I forgot, but now I'm totally gonna be again! Is it still a big thing???
    image          image

• kwh33lskwh33ls member
    I stepped off the curb in a crosswalk at my school, and a car came whipping out of the parking lot and almost hit me (I had to jump back on the curb). I basically screamed at them, and am still unsure how I avoided profanity. Assholes.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"