June 2014 Moms
Options

Wed Appts

Re: Wed Appts

• Options
    Regular OB appt at 2:50 EST today. I am going to ask her about this stabbing pain I've been having in my ribcage area. I brought it up to her about a month ago when the area was just numb and kind of uncomfortable, and she brushed it off. But now it's really tender to the touch and downright painful. 

I also want to ask if there's any way I can get one more ultrasound closer to d-day to know whether baby is still head down. I know it's totally me being a nervous FTM but I want to know in advance if she's not, so I can do whatever I can to get her to flip. Is this something anyone has asked for, and if so, how was it received?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Regular OB after 34 week Growth US yesterday. Having horrible pain in my buttocks where my hip and leg meet. Doesn't radiate so do not think it is sciatica but cannot walk for the most part:(
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    k318k318 member
    Waiting to get called in for my 36 week appointment. I swore I would get a new ob before getting ku again so I didn't have to deal with this office but I didn't and now I sit here and wait for hours..
    All bc I like the hospital where this office delivers. I like the obs but scheduling is terrible here. How do I arrive early for my appointment, which is supposed to be the first one, and have 4 other people ahead of me and dr not even here yet? And they call in order of arrival. Now my big uncomfortable pregnant ass has to sit here in this terrible chair and wait some more.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Good luck ladies! At my app now but nothing special happing just listening to heartbeat. 37w2d
    BabyFetus TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have my apt this afternoon. 35w+4. They are doing an ultrasound - I can't wait to see my LO again!
  • Options
    Good luck to everyone today!
    ~ Jenny ~
    Married to Jake ~ June 4, 2010 ~
    DS born ~ July 22, 2011 ~
    Two chemical pregnancies:  ~ December 2012 ~  & ~ August 2013 ~
    Expecting our baby GIRL!  ~ June 4, 2014 ~
    June '14 May Siggy Challenge: Favorite TV Mom 

• Options
    cas889cas889 member
    I have my 34 week appointment at 5:15 est, it's a normal 2 week check up. I'm planning on BEGGING my doctor to put me out after May 30th. I just cannot fathom teaching for another 6 weeks. I'm breathing heavy while teaching one class, let alone 5.
    image image

• Options
    MollySmMollySm member

Regular OB appt at 2:50 EST today. I am going to ask her about this stabbing pain I've been having in my ribcage area. I brought it up to her about a month ago when the area was just numb and kind of uncomfortable, and she brushed it off. But now it's really tender to the touch and downright painful. 

I also want to ask if there's any way I can get one more ultrasound closer to d-day to know whether baby is still head down. I know it's totally me being a nervous FTM but I want to know in advance if she's not, so I can do whatever I can to get her to flip. Is this something anyone has asked for, and if so, how was it received?
    @babygabe614‌ - Doctors usually can tell just by feeling your belly if head is down or up. They shouldn't need an u/s. If you aren't sure, I don't think your doc should mind if you ask them to feel your belly and see . The later they turn, the more likely you'll be able to feel it yourself too, since they are getting so big!
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• Options
    Thank you, @MollySm! I didn't know that! I will be sure to ask at my appt tonight. Thanks :)

• Options
    Just had my 36 week appointment. 1cm dilated, 80% effaced, and baby is at a -1 station. Heartbeat was ~140bpm. Blood pressure was slightly elevated (124/88) which I was a little bit concerned about since my blood pressure is normally much lower (~100/70). They assured me that this is normal in the later stages of pregnancy as you begin to swell.
  • Options
    I have my weekly appt at 3:00 central.  Ultrasound and NST before meeting with the ob.  This is one I haven't seen at my practice- so that's good.  I have GD and am planning on discussing delaying induction (which they told me about last week) with the doctor.  

June '14 June Siggy "Summer Heat"
    Coming Soon

• Options
    pfefferlelpfefferlel member
    edited May 2014
  • Options
    @babygabe614 I was told that at this point once the baby is head down its very unlikely to change from that position, especially for first babies.  Hope that's helpful!

I had my regular 36 week appointment today.  Everything looked good and the doctor told me it's probably about 6 lbs (just by feeling it so not sure how accurate that is).

Good luck to everyone!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    As usual, I forgot to update last night but my appt went well and my doc basically told me that I need to suck it up regarding the pain around my ribcage. Apparently, my liver is just trying to bust out from between my ribs, which is normal according to my OB. Baby sounded great and I go back in two weeks for another checkup and GBS. Then I start weekly appts! Eeek.

I had one funny moment during my appointment yesterday, when I asked her if there were any time when it would be unsafe to have sex for fear of inducing labor or anything like that and my OB's response was, "No way, good for you! Get it, girl!" I died. 
    =))

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"