Birth Stories

VBAC?

Anyone have one? What were your feelings on it? Do you wish you would have just done another C/S
                 7/08, 1/12, 2/14, Due with baby #4  2/12/16 
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: VBAC?

• I have not done one, but I would talk to your Dr. I loved my vag birth. But if medically it is better to have another CS, that is what has to be best for you.
  • I'm 37 weeks 3 days pregnant today. I'm trying for a VBAC. I'm definitely going to post when this is all over.

The biggest challenge with the VBAC has been getting all the stars to align. Right now the baby hasn't dropped and my dr has started mentioning repeat c. I'm doing my best to get everything going.

• Loading the player...
  • The plan is that I will try to VBAC but my baby is currently breech. I'm going to see my OB on Monday so we'll see what he says. I keep going back and forth on the whole VBAC thing. I'll admit it -- I'm scared!

DS #1: May 25, 2007

DS #2: Jan 7, 2009

DD #3 due May 17, 2014!!! Low lying placenta and DD measuring 1 week ahead at big u/s

• The experience was so different.  I preferred the vaginal birth 10 times over.  while it was much harder to get through, being able to hold and nurse my baby afterward and the much easier recovery made it all worth it.   I am grateful I was able to experience a vaginal birth.  I could not imagine caring for a 2 year old after a section. 
  • Hello! I posted my VBAC story a couple of weeks ago, so I'll try not to be redundant. It's been about 4 weeks since my VBAC, and I'm pretty sure the recovery is easier than my c-section 2 years ago (what they say about forgetting the pain is partially true I think!). I do remember still taking my percosets when I was 17 days post-partum, and receiving a mildly concerned speech from my OB's nurse about narcotics and their addictive properties!

This time, I stopped taking the percs around a week later (I tore to the 3rd degree), and now, I'm pretty much pain-free.

I'm going to echo the post above and say that while the birth was horrifically painful, it was sooo nice to be able to hold my baby afterward, and also, to eat a huge chicken salad sandwich right away! And though there is pain "down there" as opposed to in your midsection during the recovery, the pain doesn't last as long, and being able to sit up and nurse your baby in the cradle position (football hold was always a challenge for me) is great.

I've been able to lift my 2 year old since about 2-3 weeks postpartum. My friend had a repeat c the day before me, and she says she sort of can lift her 2 year old but it's not easy. But I think you can do it. You'll feel like superwoman. Good luck!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"