Birthday Parties

Food Suggestions

DS's party is at a park in June and there's a grill at our pavilion. My initial thought was hot dogs, cheeseburgers, and sides (potato salad, baked beans, chips, fruit). I also got some ideas to maybe do sandwiches instead. Does anyone have any other ideas? If I go the sandwich route, I was thinking of catering through Subway or Jason's Deli.
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: Food Suggestions

• Some things to consider - how large is the grill?  How many people will be attending?  Do you have someone who might not mind spending most of the party at the grill?  We've grilled at large parties before and it sometimes means that one person is stuck cooking the entire time.  For a park I'd either use the grill for hot dogs and burgers or go the sandwich route.  You could do kabobs too, but that's more prep work.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • For my son's first birthday we did a park with a grill.  We skipped the hamburgers/cheeseburgers and just did hot dogs - they cook quickly, you can fit a lot on the grill, etc.  We did a "hot dog bar" to make it more fun, with a ton of toppings I prepped ahead of time (cheese, onions, tomatoes, chili, peppers, salsa, pickles, etc.)

In addition we served a pinwheel sandwiches, a green salad, a fruit salad, and a pasta salad (which was our vegetarian option, or for people who just don't like hot dogs).

Sandwiches also work well, and mean someone doesn't have to man the grill.
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • For my son's first birthday we did a park with a grill.  We skipped the hamburgers/cheeseburgers and just did hot dogs - they cook quickly, you can fit a lot on the grill, etc.  We did a "hot dog bar" to make it more fun, with a ton of toppings I prepped ahead of time (cheese, onions, tomatoes, chili, peppers, salsa, pickles, etc.)

In addition we served a pinwheel sandwiches, a green salad, a fruit salad, and a pasta salad (which was our vegetarian option, or for people who just don't like hot dogs).

Sandwiches also work well, and mean someone doesn't have to man the grill.

This is the route that I plan to take. I'm going to do hot dogs for the kiddies and whatever adults want one and the sandwiches will be for the adults. I know all of my guests very well (they're all family members and maybe 2 co-workers) and none are vegetarian so I won't have to worry about that. I plan to buy a watermelon, pineapple and cantaloupe and just cut them up since it will be cheaper then buying pre-cut fruit. There will also be chips, cupcakes and the birthday cake and of course drinks.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"