Pittsburgh Babies
Options

East Suburban OBGYN

Anyone know when East Suburban typically schedules the first prenatal visit? I'm also wondering what I can expect from a first appointment. I am five weeks so not sure if it's too early for an ultrasound.

Re: East Suburban OBGYN

• Options
    I currently go there and at 33 weeks now. I didn't get my first ultrasound until around 16 weeks, and that's the only one they really do, which is a standard practice to only have 1 unless something is wrong. I am pretty sure it's an insurance thing too to only do 1 unless you want to pay for more. I think my first prenatal visit was around 10 weeks or so. I went to my PCP first to confirm everything, but you could probably go earlier. As early as you are it would be very difficult to even hear a heart beat so it'll be them asking you a lot of questions and then sending you to get blood tests. They're super nice there; just give them a call and let them know, and then ask what you should do. You will see all the doctors there since you don't know which doctor will be delivering the baby, so get to know all of them- they're all great. 
    November D16  Siggy Challenge-Thanksgiving Fails

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    ej1234ej1234 member
    I have my first appt scheduled at 6w4d.  I had some initial implantation spotting and was put on crinone gel. They are planning to do and US and the first prenatal visit on that day.

They told me that typically the first prenatal visits are between 6-8 weeks :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"