October 2012 Moms
Options

When I was 22....

In honor of @mmnumber5 turning 22. Let's all share what we were doing at 22. Or a story from when we were 22.

Re: When I was 22....

• Options
    When I was 22 I was studying abroad in Spain.
  • Options
    I graduated from college and got my first "real" job, living in Boston, living on my own with friends.
    9/11 happened and a lot changed. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    mbm1983 said:
    I was getting wasted.

This was pretty much me.  Oh, and I was seducing my then BF (now DH). 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    morrkimmorrkim member
    I was planning my wedding and in my first year of teaching.
    Lilypie - Personal picture    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  Lilypie - Personal picture    
  • Options
    CnAnACnAnA member
    At 22, I was working just starting work at the credit union where I worked until Alice was born and extremely bitter at everything because we had been TTC for 3 years.

On a happy note, we took fabulous vacations! We went to Vegas that year for the first time. :)

After 7 years of no ovulation...
    BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
    BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Oct Angel Babies
  • Options
    I was starting grad school and dating my husband. It was pretty uneventful!

• Options
    At 22 I had just finished my degree and was looking for a job in my field.I also had just started dating my husband

• Options
    I finished college, started dating MH, got my first "real" job after college, hated it and quit, started the job I still work at now. Was drunk a lot. Got my first apartment. Was drunk a lot.
  • Options
    Finished my A.S. and started on my nutrition degree, was dating the hubs.
    imageimageimage

Lilypie First Birthday tickersimage
  • Options
    I was engaged to my H at that point. He and I spent 5 days together in Madrid at the end of my semester.
  • Options
    Graduating college and starting my first real full time job living at home with my parents. DH and I were in a long distance relationship then since he was commissioned into the navy a year before I graduated college (he graduated the year before me.) I was in Philly suburbs and he was in Charleston, SC.
    Logan Jack- 6.1.10 and Emmett Weston- 9.29.12 

• Options
    I was in it school. Dh in law school. We were in studying mode not party mode. Actually I think i was ending my rotation at spring of age 22
    Hey I just met you, and you're my baby. This is your family, we're kind of crazy...Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie - (tl9S)Lilypie - (zrx8)imageimageimage
  • Options
    I was graduating with my bachelor's, getting married, getting my nursing license, and starting to not not TTC.
    same here!
  • Options
    I had just moved to Colorado for fun and working full time in Orthopedics.
  • Options
    I was in college and having the time of my life.  Drinking was #1 priority - having fun with friends and having very few cares in the world.  Man I had fun.

ME: 31 PCOS - DH: 32 Perfect. 
    TTC #1 started 8.2010. 
    BFP #1 3.2.11Blighted ovum, missed m/c, 4.3.11-6.22.11 Provera

BFP #2 Aug 2011 Clomid 50mg+Met missed m/c found 9w5d | cytotec 10.26.11 
    BFP #3 - CD36 - Jan. 2012 - 100mg Clomid + 2000met-  Baby Boy born 10.06.12 with 1 in a billion CHD. Perfect otherwise. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Open Heart Surgery @ 5 months old.Happy, healthy, and as normal as could be!  We thank God every day.EP/BF for 12.5 months

TTC#2 - November 2012

BFP #4:  O'd on CD25 (Aug. 2014).  DD May 6, 2015. RCS planned.
    Beta@14dpo: 184, 17dpo: 520.  44 hr. doubling time.  p4: 54U/S 8 weeks 1 day, 161 bpm
  • Options
    Wally3Wally3 member
    Living in upstate ny. Working up my doc in chemistry living with a guy who didn't love me as much as I loved him. Thank goodness I made major changes in my life by the time I turned 23.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    LorMorLorMor member
    Working in my first job, very poor, single, had loads of fun with friends. Lived on my own, but sometimes had a friend sharing my apt.
    Ha ha, got my first cellphone! Didn't know why I needed such a thing.
  • Options
    I was pregnant with DD, getting my insurance license for life and health, and buying a house.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    nealblnealbl member
    I moved into my first house with my bf now DH! I started my first big girl job as an assistant buyer. We partied a lot and I paid off most of my debt I accumulated in college!
  • Options
    DH and I were living together, but not yet engaged. We had full custody of SD at that point. I was still in school and had just changed my major from bio/premed to HR mgmt after I realized that without fail I panic and pass out in hospitals almost every time. I was working full time at the bar in the phl airport.

I really don't miss school.

• Options
    CLLDLLCLLDLL member
    Was finishing up school and working as an intern for the company I still work for now. I took the summer/early fall off to enjoy my last summer w/out a real job and started full time right after 9/11.

image imageimageimage

• Options
    Oh I should add I drank A LOT then too hahaa. 
    I have had that stupid Taylor Swift song stuck in my head all day, it's funny I've only heard it a few times ever and only knew it was her recently!

• Options
    Really bad break up was working for ny comptrollers office. Dated several jerks and was thinking of the lsat
  • Options
    I was a stay at home mommy and had my 3rd baby by the time I was 22. My (now ex) husband worked construction so he had 15 hour days. We had a beautiful house on 2 acres with the lake at the end of our road..ahhh those were the days..when the kids were younger and there wasn't much worry. Now my oldest is 15, 6'1", wears size 14 mens shoes and stays out half the night leaving his mama to be a worry wort!! LOL!

Happy Birthday Mambo!!!
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    When I was 22, I moved from Texas to Washington with DH (who was then my fiance) after graduating from college.  Gah, that seems like an eternity ago...
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    I had just graduated college and took a temporary job until I found my "real" job, not knowing it would turn into my real job. I had just met DH and we weren't too sure about each other yet. Our 1st and 2nd dates were 5 months apart! I was living with a roomie from hell, but loved my first apartment.22 was a lot of scary and exciting firsts. A lot of late nights out with friends and early mornings pulled together for work. Not sure how I had the energy. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"