Washington Babies

TTC - SRM (vs) PNWF (vs) Overlake

Hi folks,

We are in a weird situation. My DH is a CKD patient waiting for a Kidney Transplant (the average is 5years wait for his blood group unless I donate mine as part of the paired donation program where we might get a matching living donor earlier) & for me to be a Kidney Donor the programs here require that I be done with my child bearing before I move on to Kidney donation. I am just days away from being 35, my hubby will be 35 in July. Our OB/GYN at Minor & James referred us to PNWF but the appointment we got was like 2 months away when we made in Feb. So we went with SRM in Bellevue. They have all our medical info & notes as to why they need to be super aggressive in our unique case but we have had 2 IUIs so far & no luck. First one I was on Femara for 5 days & just Ovidrel trigger had just the 1 follicle and BFN. Before the second one we had a serious chat with the doctor & said they need to really be as aggressive as possible and then she added 1 injection of 150IU of Bravelle on CD 9 & everything else was the same & same result...1 follicle at 17mm and another one at 14mm & I was asked to trigger. The nurse then says she is sure I will have 2 mature follicles when I actually ovulate! So anyways, that cycle was a bust too & for the 3rd IUI they have indicated no change in the protocol so far & this is even after we told them multiples area desired result as my DH's kidney function has dropped closer to needing dialysis soon. My husband & I are a dissatisfied with their approach especially when I told the nurse I might take a break she says yeah, looks like you have a lot on your plate (which was weird because we went in explaining what was on our plate & why we need to get pregnant ASAP by whatever means). We feel like they are just not getting the seriousness of our situation. We have an appointment with PNWF this week & I intend to keep it, I was wondering if there were folks here who used one of these providers for IUI & had any success getting pregnant in the first few tries. We are also very seriously considering moving to IVF, would really love to hear from the community here.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my message!

DH :  36, has Chronic Kidney Disease, on dialysis & is waiting on the transplant list (average wait for B+ is 5 years)

Me:   36, Hypothyroidism, PCOS, BMI 32, need to be done with "child bearing" ASAP so that I can be a Kidney donor (was fun realizing we didn't as much time as we thought :-/ )

We're TTC#1

IUI #1 : 5mcg Letrozole (CD 3-7) + Ovidrel Trigger + Had the one follicle = BFN  (March 2014)

IUI #2 : 5mcg Letrozole (CD 3-7) + 150 iu Bravelle on CD9 (after much begging!) + Had the one follicle = BFN (April 2014)

7th May 2014 - changed REs, this one seems to care (we think....)

IUI #3 : 7mcg Letrozole (CD 3- 7) + 75 iu Bravelle (CD 8-12) + CD12 Scan 5/16 + Had 3 follicles (2 under 15mm) = BFN(May 2014)

IUI #4 : 7mcg Letrozole (CD 3- 7) + 75 iu Bravelle (CD 8-12) + CD12 Scan 5/16 + Had 1 follicle + DH gave best sample so far = BFN(June 2014)

IVF#1 -  ER Only Cycle Sept-Oct 2014, 17  eggs Retrieved, 14 mature, 10 fertilized, 6 made it to Blast & post PGS  5 were not viable due to chromosomal abnormalities
Not sure where we go from here...

We're parents to two very adorable, bratty, affectionate & goofy Bernese Mountain Dog pups who would very much like a 2 legged baby brother or sister of their own!

Re: TTC - SRM (vs) PNWF (vs) Overlake

• I started out at SRM, several IUI's no success, two rounds of IVF.. no success. My acupuncturist recommended ORM in Portland Oregon. We did two additional rounds of IVF at ORM with Dr. Ban.kowski. I delivered my healthy baby boy 3/7/2014.

I have no experience with PNWF, but I hands  down recommend Dr. Bankowski and the entire team at Oregon Reproductive Medicine ORM in portland, OR.

SRM was too much of a "factory" for us, they didn't want to customize a treatment plan specific for our situation. ORM studied our previous failed cycles and created a plan specific to our needs.

Best of luck.

Me = 39 DH = 50 TTC (since 01/2009 after a short break, I stopped counting *cycles* in 2010)
    DX 2010 : Unknown Infertility , AMA
    HSG 2005 = Normal / HSG 2010 = Normal
    SA 2005 = Normal / SA 2010 /2012 = Slightly low count : motility, morphology GREAT!
    Chromosomal analysis, MTHFR, ANA's, Lupus, Protein C, Protein S, APCR = Normal 2011

M/C : 2005 (7wk), 2010 (6wk), 2011 (7wk)

8 IUI's 2010-2011 all BFN

IVF/ICSI antagonist 01/2012 #1 = BFN

IVF/ICSI antagonist long 06/2012 #2 = BFN

IVF/ICSI/CGH MDLF New Clinic/New RE 11/2012 #3 = One beautiful boy blasty frozen PGS normal

IVF/ICSI/CGH MDLF 02/2013 #4 = One more beautiful boy blasty frozen PGS normal

FET 6/20 : One 5AA PGS normal transferred Beta 1 6/28 = 53.9 / Beta 2 7/1 = 220 / Beta 3 7/3 = 550!

1 U/S  6w3d - Heartbeat 119 /  2 U/S - 7w5d- Heartbeat 169 / 3 U/S (OB) 8w5d - Heartbeat still great!

Baby G welcomed into the world 3/7/2014

SAIF / PAIF always welcome ****

• ddvj79ddvj79 member
    BAKERMOMHDS for the recommendation and reply! We felt the same way about SRM, they seem to be more like the McDonalds of fertility! I heard from others here in MSFT that their IVF worked for them but I haven't yet heard of a single IUI success story with SRM. I did end up keeping our appointment with Dr.Shahine at PNWF & she wanted to be more aggressive (thank god!) & we're doing our IUI#3 with them & she already setup IVF consults to be prepared and not waste time. Atleast with PNWF I have heard of 3 IUI success stories all in IUI#1 with PNWf and all 3 moved from SRM. Thanks again!!!

DH :  36, has Chronic Kidney Disease, on dialysis & is waiting on the transplant list (average wait for B+ is 5 years)

Me:   36, Hypothyroidism, PCOS, BMI 32, need to be done with "child bearing" ASAP so that I can be a Kidney donor (was fun realizing we didn't as much time as we thought :-/ )

We're TTC#1

IUI #1 : 5mcg Letrozole (CD 3-7) + Ovidrel Trigger + Had the one follicle = BFN  (March 2014)

IUI #2 : 5mcg Letrozole (CD 3-7) + 150 iu Bravelle on CD9 (after much begging!) + Had the one follicle = BFN (April 2014)

7th May 2014 - changed REs, this one seems to care (we think....)

IUI #3 : 7mcg Letrozole (CD 3- 7) + 75 iu Bravelle (CD 8-12) + CD12 Scan 5/16 + Had 3 follicles (2 under 15mm) = BFN(May 2014)

IUI #4 : 7mcg Letrozole (CD 3- 7) + 75 iu Bravelle (CD 8-12) + CD12 Scan 5/16 + Had 1 follicle + DH gave best sample so far = BFN(June 2014)

IVF#1 -  ER Only Cycle Sept-Oct 2014, 17  eggs Retrieved, 14 mature, 10 fertilized, 6 made it to Blast & post PGS  5 were not viable due to chromosomal abnormalities
    Not sure where we go from here...

We're parents to two very adorable, bratty, affectionate & goofy Bernese Mountain Dog pups who would very much like a 2 legged baby brother or sister of their own!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"