June 2014 Moms

* Tues 5/13 Twin Mom Check In*

katekat8721katekat8721 member
edited May 2014 in June 2014 Moms
Hi girls! Hope all mamas and babies are doing well!

Congrats to our new mamas!
@curlylocks3  - Welcomed baby boy and baby girl
@jaybee11 - Welcomed two baby girls!
@xnbride - Team Pink - Still praying for baby Evangeline!
@StacyH0507 - Welcomed two baby boys!

Our massive twin mom list:
@kmw722 - Team Blue - Due June 1st
@Burgie84 - Team Purple - Due June 15th but babies will be here by June 3rd
@anatations - Team Purple - Due June 5th but babies will be here by May 22nd
@CAMag - Team Blue - Due June 15th but babies will be here by June 1st
@MrsP419 - Team Pink - Due June 25th but babies will be here by June 3rd - 11th
@Chrissy1013 - Team Blue - Due June 18th but babies will be here by June 4th
@AJC&Maggie - Team Green - Babies will be here by June 5th
@SandraPB1220 - Team Pink - Due June 19th but babies will be here by June 5th
@CJNKR2014 - Team Blue - Due June 21st
@sarah_beth2005 - Team Purple - Due June 25th
@LegalLadyBug - Team Pink
@katekat8721 - Team Pink - Due June 26th but babies will be here by June 12th
@Quinncat - Team Purple- Due July 6th but babies will be here by June 24th (RCS)

Let me know if I'm missing anyone else or you want your info updated! I had a little OCD moment this morning and tried to put our expected due dates in order lol.

Pregnant moms:
1) How far along are you and how far along are you measuring?
2) Upcoming appts?
3) Any updates to share?
4) Go ahead and let it out - how are you REALLY feeling?
5) Any questions for other twin moms?

New moms:
How is everything going? Any updates on you or babies?

QOTD: How did you decide on your twins' names (you don't have to share them)?

Re: * Tues 5/13 Twin Mom Check In*

• kmw722kmw722 member
    Hi! Can I be added please? I'm due June 1st with Fraternal boys. :)

dx: hypothalamic ammenorhea & MFI. TTC #1 since 7/09.12/09: DH had varicocele surgery. 5/10-8/10: IUI + Clomid #1-4 BFN, 9/10: IUI #5 + Clomid: BFP!!! Tyler Liam 6/3/11 7 lbs. 2 oz. 20 in. :) TTC #2 since 11/12. IUI + Clomid #1-2 Clomid: BFN, new RE: IUI + injectibles: BFN. Onto IVF#1 Antagonist: July '13: Estrogen, Provera, Menopur/Gonal/Cetrotide; ER 8/6: 8 eggs, 6 mature, 5 fert. with ICSI; 5D SET 8/11: BFN :( FET 2 embryos scheduled 9/13: BFP!!! 10/13: 2 heartbeats! Twin boys due 6/1/14!

• CJnKR2014CJnKR2014 member
    edited May 2014
    Pregnant moms:
    1) How far along are you and how far along are you measuring? 34w+3d, will find out how I'm measuring soon I hope.
    2) Upcoming appts? Thursday, thank god!!!! Normal OB + my usual ultrasound :)
    3) Any updates to share? The boys have been moving more than usual, hmm. And (tmi alert) I've noticed an increase in discharge so I'm deff gonnna ask my doc about that. And my BH are starting to become more intense.
    Geez, 3rd tri is kicking my ass. My "PUPPP" (quotes bc i haven't officially been diagnosed with it yet, I'm just pretty damn sure thats what it is) rash has spread from my stomach to my arms and legs :( I'm miserably itchy, miserably hot, miserably uncomfortable... just miserable in general lol... went to walmart today and almost passed out by the time I got back to the car!
    5) Any questions for other twin moms? Are you going to be cribbing your twins together? Or are they going to be separated from day 1?

QOTD: How did you decide on your twins' names (you don't have to share them)? DH and I had a TERRIBLE time coming up with names. He wanted to name them entirely after family and the names he came up with I just did NOT like. We finally "settled" on names and I ended up hating the one he picked. So he said he would let me pick as long as they were of "Gaelic" descent. So I looked through a list and ended up really liking Connor and Kellan, DH liked them too, and it works because they are slightly matchy (hard C sound, double letter in the middle, and 6 letters each.) Then we took his grandpa's name (Joseph) and paired it with Connor and took my dad's name (Robert) and paired it with Kellan. Voila! Connor Joseph and Kellan Robert!

Edit cuz words piss me off
  • Loading the player...
  • 1) How far along are you and how far along are you measuring? 36+5 and was measuring 44 last week
    2) Upcoming appts? Just had one this am. I so wanted to be sent to the hospital!!
    3) Any updates to share? Nope. No progression- still 3 cm dilated and 80% effaced
    4) Go ahead and let it out - how are you REALLY feeling? Very crampy after my appointment. Contractions getting more painful.

QOTW: I had Ava picked out every since my first pregnancy 3 years ago. We liked Ava Grace. Thought my sister would not let us use Elizabeth (her middle name and gradmas name too). But she changed her mind since she has had a boy and not planning on having another, ergo, Ava Elizabeth Grace.
    Boy is David (after my husband) and William ( not necessarily a family name, but there are Williams deep back). So, David William.

• MrsP419MrsP419 member
    Pregnant moms:
    1) How far along are you and how far along are you measuring? 33w6d.  Last Friday I was only measuring about 36 weeks, but that is because the babies are sooooo low.
    2) Upcoming appts? NST on Friday.  Another NST and growth scan with MFM on Monday.
    3) Any updates to share? Yesterday my girls were being super stubborn and taking their time showing their breathing and moving to the u/s tech.  Apparently in one of the doppler checks on u/s, one of the girls had elevated cord flow or something?  I have no idea what it means but they did not sound concerned.
    4) Go ahead and let it out - how are you REALLY feeling? I feel like I have been hit by a truck.  I have some sort of allergy or sinus thing going on and my head feels all fuzzy.  And I cannot be on my feet for more than 2 minutes without feeling my belly get rock hard and my pelvis feel heavy.  I feel like they are going to fall out any minute.
    5) Any questions for other twin moms?  Anyone else doing this 3rd tri twin thing with other kids?  How are you surviving?  My poor children are watching a lot of t.v. and playing by themselves these days.

QOTD: How did you decide on your twins' names (you don't have to share them)? I always wanted an Audrey (I had a serious love of Audrey Hepburn when I was younger).  Armed with that name and no other suggestions I felt strongly about, I went to the baby name board.  Someone suggested Margot, and it intrigued me and stuck.
    DD- Born 03/09/2010
    DS- Born 01/21/2012
                                              Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • @curlylocks3‌ I'm glad your babies are doing well!!! <3
  • Ok I just needed to share this because it irritated the crap out of me. There was a nursing student taking care of them in the NICU today who told me she used to nanny for a set of twins. Proceeded to tell me how exhausting it was and that the parents couldn't have done it without her. Ten asked if I had one nursery or two and when I said one went on to tell me how awful this was, we needed two, because they will wake each other up all the time. I brushed her off and said this is what we hve space for and she kind of made this judge face but it's bugged me since. The NICU nurses have made a big deal of telling us not to be too quiet at home, be normal because the babies are used to the hustle and bustle all around them (lights on, alarms dinging, people talking at normal volume 24/7). So....I know none of us have our twins here yet but someone reassure me this will be ok.
    I mean, we do have the setup that we could put one in a PnP or RnP and move them to the guest room or our room if someone was extra fussy, just not the space to give up the guest room entirely (it doubles as H's office, plus our family lives 10-14 hours away).
    image  image
    О Привязать! Z!
    The Science Babies debuted 5/6/14 @ 34 weeks
  • @quinncat - Love the names! I wanted a Henry Dean and I'm ashamed to admit my love for the name Dean comes from the show Supernatural lol. As for childcare, we're still working on it. Due to some unforeseen circumstances DH is out of a job right now, so I may return to work and he stay home and continue looking. Once he gets a job we've talked about me staying home, but I really love my job. We'll have to see how it plays out!

• MrsP419MrsP419 member
    quinncat said:

@MrsP419 - I feel bad for my 2.5 year old.  I just can't sit on the floor with him anymore.  I try to take him somewhere fun a few (or once) a week, but he is hyper and wild and hard to chase.   We have been watching a lot of Pixar movies.  I feel like a bad mom.

You are doing better than me!  I hardly take my kids anywhere anymore because I can't lift or wrangle them both if they are uncooperative (and at 4 and 2, it is unpredictable).  I used to take them to Bible study and MOPS at church because they could go in the nursery and play with other kids, but all of those programs are over for the summer.  The most I do is let them play with the hose and sandbox right outside the window.  
    DD- Born 03/09/2010
    DS- Born 01/21/2012

• MrsP419MrsP419 member
    I have never considered having our twins sleep apart.  I am keeping them swaddled together as long as it is safe!  My other twin mama friends said the nurses would teach them how to do that in the hospital.  It never occurred to me to separate them into different rooms until they request it someday (and that is strictly going to be determined by the space we have).  They are going to sleep in a PnP in our room for the first couple months, then move to separate PnPs, then eventually their nursery.  I think keeping them together would be comforting.

FWIW, my DS and DD have roomed together since DS was 8 months old and DD was 2.5.  They both have different sleep styles and can bug each other sometimes, but they figure it out.  It makes things way easier if we ever go away or they spend the night at grandma's; they are already used to falling asleep in spite of the other.  And they LOVE being together.  I am going to be so sad when they day comes that they need to be separated.  
    DD- Born 03/09/2010
    DS- Born 01/21/2012

• @katekat8721‌ where did your pinup girl go???? :-??
  • Hello ladies!!
    35 weeks and hanging in there (barely).
    Cut work down to part time, so I get about 3 hours to rest in the afternoon before getting DD from daycare. Thank god! Sucks that I still have to get up at 6am and get my chubby body squished into work attire!
    My edema is totally out of control! I have even developed a saggy bag of fluid under my belly. It is so sore! Has this happened to anyone else?
    We are team green and don't have any names yet!! Ahhhhh
    Me:35,  DH: 39   
    TTC since March 2011. All bloodword, SA & HSG are normal.  
    8/12: Clomid & TI - BFN 
    10/12: Colmid & TI - BFN 
    3/13:  Clomid, Trigger & IUI - BFN 
    4/13: Gonal F, Trigger & IUI: BFN  
    6/13: IVF #1 (1AA blast & 1BB blast) = BFN 
    8/13: FET #1= BFN
    10/13: FET #2= BFP!!!

BabyFruit Ticker  image
  • CJnKR2014 said:
    @katekat8721‌ where did your pinup girl go???? :-??
    I don't know! That hussy disappears from time to time :(

edited May 2014
    @katekat8721‌ I love your pinup girl... I would totally use one as my avatar if I wouldn't feel like I was biting off you lol
    I actually have a pinup girl that I want to get as a tattoo, just haven't found the money/time/space on my body yet haha

Edit to add tag
  • @curlylocks3‌, I've never heard anyone advise for two separate rooms. I'm keeping mine together- pack n play at first in our room, then in the same room, separate cribs. My older sister had twins and did this as well. I think she split them up after 3 years. Not that I am an expert though. Anyway, she sounded like a know it all and not in any way helpful.

• Thanks girls. I do feel better after hearing your input....and getting a nap! @quinncat I would have told our nurse except it's not worth it- the girl was only there for 1 day, 5 hours. And I could already tell the nurse was peeved with her and the girl was sulking because our nurse was letting me check their temperatures, do diaper changes, change their outfits- and she told the student that they like to get parents as involved as possible! Girl was just all around special.

To some of the other questions, my mom had planned to come up for two weeks when they were born. She spent 5.5 weeks up here while I was on bedrest but left Sunday so H and I could have some alone time (plus after being here that long, she had stuff to get done!). Current plan is that she will come back when the first twin comes home if they don't come home together (which is normally what happens). She will stay until they have both been home x2 weeks. MIL has indicated she'd like to come at some point but it's not clear when and we are getting mixed messages on how much she wants to help/ vs make it a social visit. FIL has also said he is coming at some point but I know he won't be helpful.
    As for childcare, we haven't decided. Day care centers won't work for us given my work schedule (we'd have to pay 5 days/week and only use 3) and so we will either go with a nanny coming in or me staying home.
    image  image
    О Привязать! Z!
  • Appointment today went great! Dr. is EXTREMELY happy with how well the boys are doing. He wasn't so happy with my PUPPPS rash though... He said it looks really bad and that it could get infected.
    He said that with how well the boys are doing and with their growth slowing the way it has, at 36 weeks (2 weeks from now) if my PUPPPS has gotten worse and the boys growth keeps slowing (as he thinks it will) he will deliver them. So more than likely I will have my boys in my arms on the 29th!

They were estimated at 4#12oz and 4#14 oz. Big boys
    The unfortunate part is that while Kellan (baby B) has positioned himself head down, Connor (baby A) is still breech. So if he hasn't flipped by the time my doc wants to deliver them, it will be a csec, which scares the crap out of me. But as long as they get here safely at a time my doc deems appropriate, I'm happy!

I'm also now at weekly appointments which makes me very happy.

Just knowing that I could be holding my two healthy baby boys in 2 weeks makes me squeeeeeee!!!!!
    edited May 2014
    @CAMag‌ He didn't give me anything. He said the best thing to do was take benadryl and keep the rash moisturized. Oh and no hot showers. He said that's all that would really help.
    And yeah, it's definitely crazy and exciting that its so close!!
  • CAMag said:

CJnKR2014 said:

@CAMag‌ He didn't give me anything. He said the best thing to do was take benadryl and keep the rash moisturized. Oh and no hot showers. He said that's all that would really help.
    And yeah, it's definitely crazy and exciting that its so close!!

Bummer that you get no miracle relief. At least you know that the end is in sight!
    Yeah, definitely. The "miracle relief" will be when the boys are born. It seems so incredibly close now though... it went from "hey they could be here tomorrow or in a month, who knows..." and now its "hey they could come tomorrow, but more than likely they will be here in 2 weeks.... get yo shit together, momma bear!" O.O i realized how much I have left to do and am suddenly panicking lol
  • kmw722kmw722 member
    1) How far along are you and how far along are you measuring? 37w+5d 2) Upcoming appts? Tues. Normal OB 3) Any updates to share? Not really...just wondering when they'll be here! 4) Go ahead and let it out - how are you REALLY feeling? Actually pretty good, which I'm grateful for! I'm still going to the gym 3 times a week and worked up until this week. My 3 year old tires me out more than anything! 5) Any questions for other twin moms? Are you going to be cribbing your twins together? We will play it by ear. We have 2 bassinets, 2 cribs and 2 pack n plays. QOTD: How did you come up with your twins names? I came up with Gavin just because I like it and we kept going back and forth for the second name until DH came up with Austin and we both liked it.

dx: hypothalamic ammenorhea & MFI. TTC #1 since 7/09.12/09: DH had varicocele surgery. 5/10-8/10: IUI + Clomid #1-4 BFN, 9/10: IUI #5 + Clomid: BFP!!! Tyler Liam 6/3/11 7 lbs. 2 oz. 20 in. :) TTC #2 since 11/12. IUI + Clomid #1-2 Clomid: BFN, new RE: IUI + injectibles: BFN. Onto IVF#1 Antagonist: July '13: Estrogen, Provera, Menopur/Gonal/Cetrotide; ER 8/6: 8 eggs, 6 mature, 5 fert. with ICSI; 5D SET 8/11: BFN :( FET 2 embryos scheduled 9/13: BFP!!! 10/13: 2 heartbeats! Twin boys due 6/1/14!

• kmw722 said:
    1) How far along are you and how far along are you measuring? 37w+5d 2) Upcoming appts? Tues. Normal OB 3) Any updates to share? Not really...just wondering when they'll be here! 4) Go ahead and let it out - how are you REALLY feeling? Actually pretty good, which I'm grateful for! I'm still going to the gym 3 times a week and worked up until this week. My 3 year old tires me out more than anything! 5) Any questions for other twin moms? Are you going to be cribbing your twins together? We will play it by ear. We have 2 bassinets, 2 cribs and 2 pack n plays. QOTD: How did you come up with your twins names? I came up with Gavin just because I like it and we kept going back and forth for the second name until DH came up with Austin and we both liked it.
    Gym + working + 3 year old .... you are Superwoman!

• @CAMag ahhh how exciting!!

• chrissy1013chrissy1013 member
    edited May 2014
    Sorry I'm a few days late!

Pregnant moms:
    1) How far along are you and how far along are you measuring?
    I am 35 weeks and 2 days today!  :)

2) Upcoming appts?
    I have an appointment next Friday, one week from today.  Just a check-in with my OB, no ultrasound.

3) Any updates to share?
    I've stopped going into the office completely and am just working from home.  I'll do this through next Thursday, May 22 and then start maternity leave on Friday.  If I don't go into labor before, I will be induced at 38 weeks, or around June 4.

AWFUL!  Can't sleep, can't sit comfortably and I feel so much pressure on my nether regions.

5) Any questions for other twin moms?
    Any tips on getting comfortable during those final weeks?

New moms:
    How is everything going? Any updates on you or babies?

QOTD: How did you decide on your twins' names (you don't have to share them)?
    LOTS OF NEGOTIATION!  I wanted to use family names, DH didn't see the need.  We each picked a few first names and then talked about them and found two, one from each of our lists, that we agreed on.  Middle names are after my DH and me/my grandfather.  :)
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • @chrissy1013 I haven't found a way to get comfortable yet, but the maternity belt seems to help a bit! It was only like $10 at Walmart. So worth it!

• @CAMag I was going to say this and forgot, then remembered lol... my OB has you do epis too if B is breech. The thought is just in case baby B doesn't come out smoothly and you end up needing a c-section you're already set up for one (and in case they need to reach in *shudders* and help baby B flip... ow). My OB told me if you didn't have an epi in place and something happened to where they needed to get B out pronto you'd have to be put under general.

• @CAMag I will send lots of good juju so little ones are head down and you get the birth you want!

• @katekat8721‌ - can you please add me to the list as well? I'm due June 15th with Boy/Girl twins but C-Section is scheduled for June 3rd because both babes are breeched!
  • 1) 35.5 weeks today but measuring 46 weeks at today's appointment
    2) Regular OB appointment today. Dr does not think these babies are going to come out on their own. Last ultrasound scheduled for next Thursday 5/22.
    3) Any updates to share? Just excited to see how much the babies are measuring at my next ultrasound. Baby "A" was measuring 4lbs 4oz and Baby "B" was measuring 4lbs 8oz at last ultrasound at 32 weeks.
    4) Go ahead and let it out - how are you REALLY feeling? I'm tired. I cry all the time over nothing and I feel like I've reached my breaking point. I love my DH but if he asks me one more time: "What can I do to help?" I may just punch him in the face. I don't like leaving the house anymore because A. It's so uncomfortable to move and B. I literally can not handle anymore stupid peoples comments like: "Oh, please tell me there is more than one in there!" Or "Are they natural?" Or "My mom's 3rd cousin's boyfriend's sister had twins..."
    You ladies get the idea lol
    My hormones are through the roof!

*Our boy's name is go
  • Sorry I hit send by accident: Darn swollen chubby fingers!!
    *Our boy's name is going to be Jack Norman (Norman was my late grandpa's name) and our girl's name is going to be Lennon Elizabeth (Elizabeth being my late MIL's middle name)
  • Burgie84 said:
    @katekat8721‌ - can you please add me to the list as well? I'm due June 15th with Boy/Girl twins but C-Section is scheduled for June 3rd because both babes are breeched!
    You've been added! :)

• Also updated @StacyH0507 as I saw on the multiples board her little ones made their debut! Congrats girl!

• Congrats @StacyH0507‌!!! @camag how are you feeling today??? I was told the same thing about the epidural....and while I was planning to get one anyways, I am exceptionally glad I did. Also, see what your doctor says but if time were critical in delivering B I would not want any sort of delay to see if my epidural worked. The Cliffs notes version of my delivery is that while I did deliver both vaginally, It was only because I pushed him out faster than they could have cut me open.
    image  image
    О Привязать! Z!
  • jaybee11jaybee11 member
    edited May 2014

Hi ladies!  Finally getting around to checking in--I feel like we've been running in circles since I headed home from the hospital a week and a half ago.  My days have mainly consisted of pumping, hanging out at the NICU, and trying to get the house into some sort of baby-friendly order.  The good news is that as of yesterday afternoon, one of the girls is home!  Surprisingly enough, our little peewee who had me concerned about her slow growth rate made it home first.  She's definitely a fighter, all 4.5 pounds!  Her sister is doing well, but still taking partial feedings through an NG tube, so she's hanging out at Chez NICU for a while longer.  I'm feeling pretty good with my c section recovery; been off pain meds (including Advil) since the beginning of this week.  Not having known what to expect as far as recovery, I'm exceptionally grateful to feel this good. I need to follow up with the cardiologist next week to make sure my heart function is going back to normal, so keeping my fingers crossed there!

I feel for all you girls dealing with the joys of late twin pregnancy symptoms...that crap is hard, yo! The ladies with other children at home particularly amaze me--I have no idea how I would've been able to keep up. I know i'm late replying to all the questions, but i'll throw in my two cents on a couple of them. My girls will be sharing a nursery--no way I'm setting up individual rooms unless it's necessary sometime down the road. While small and swaddled they'll be sharing a crib. Although we'd intended to have them in the nursery from the start, we broke down and moved one crib into our bedroom for the time being. Will play it by ear to see how long they stay with us. Regarding edema on the lower belly: I developed a nice pouch just before I was sent to the hospital; however, im pretty sure it's a somewhat common late term occurrence. Mine was painful to the touch and gave me insta-stretch marks, but a couple weeks out from delivery the excess fluid is making its way out of my system. We're still working on helpers for the first few weeks once both girls are home. My mom had planned to be here and will still come to stay with us at some point, but the first day she was in town to help out when I went to the hospital, she fell and broke her wrist, requiring surgery. So now she's letting that heal before coming back down. Until that we're pretty much on our own. We finally broke down and scheduled a cleaning service to help with a deep clean since I didn't have a chance to do the whole nesting thing.

On names: Katherine is a name I've had picked out for years, which DH fortunately liked as well. Her middle name, Elizabeth, was a front runner, and got the final seal of approval because it's the first name of a good family friend and honorary grandmother. Eva is after DH's grandmother, and Rose just fit nicely along with it. Edit because I couldn't type that in one sitting on mobile!

• @katekat8721‌ -Thanks! I've been wearing one on and off but It tends to irritate my skin. I might pull out my belly band from earlier in the pregnancy and see if that helps. :)
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"