High-Risk Pregnancy

Anyone who has/had choleostasis?

I developed choleostasis with my first pregnancy at 34 weeks and my levels were really high (119!). I'm pregnant with twins again and having a lot of anxiety about getting choleostasis again. So here are my questions: Did any of you not get it in a subsequent pregnancy? Any tips to ward off choleostasis? Thanks in advance!
Two sets of fraternal twins, 23 mos. apart First set born 12/27/12 at 35w0d via IVF Second set born 11/18/14 at 35w6d via FET

Re: Anyone who has/had choleostasis?

• I had cholestasis with my first, and I am not completely sure what my levels were because it was not detected until 37 weeks and they delivered me the day I went into the hospital based on symptoms alone. I really wish I had a better idea of how early I started itching with that pregnancy, but I think it was only about 2 weeks before I delivered.

I am currently 34weeks with baby #2 and I just started having itching this week. I will be getting my levels drawn tomorrow. My OB has been wonderful about it and is willing to draw labs to check my levels at any time. I have only done it 2 other times when I noticed a bit of itching, but the past few days I have noticed it much more. So all that to say that I am not sure if I am going to go without getting it this time or not. So far for me it feels easier this time around because we know its a possibility so the OB can keep ahead of it and check levels frequently. I would definitely talk to your doctor about it and come up with a plan for keeping an eye out for it. 

Married to DH 10.29.11

DD born 1.26.13
    DS born 6.12.14
    #3 due 12.6.16

• Thx off your reply. I didn't start having symptoms until a few days before the blood draw. My ob took my baseline levels last week and I'm going to ask that they redraw throughout the pregnancy with of without symptoms. Let me know what your levels are, fx they are low!
    Two sets of fraternal twins, 23 mos. apart First set born 12/27/12 at 35w0d via IVF Second set born 11/18/14 at 35w6d via FET
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"