May 2014 Moms

Spent the afternoon in L&D

Went to my 38w appointment today and my blood pressure was up in the 140s. I have not been higher than 120s throughout the entire pregnancy. They sent me to L&D for blood work and monitoring. I was already facing an induction for kidney issues and I was scared with the combination they would induce today. We have the big stuff ready, but there are still little things we want to do. The nurse practitioner came in and said she went over the blood work with the doctor and he recommends inducing as soon as I hit 39 weeks which is this Sunday! Thinking about it now, I don't know if that means my blood work was bad or good but I had a million things running through my mind that I forgot to ask. I have to get a NST Thursday, so I guess there is still a possibility they would induce sooner. Anyone have any advice? Like I said, I knew this was a possibility with my kidneys but now I'm scared it will fail and I'll end up with a CS. I'm 1cm dilated, babies head is low and she said my cervix is soft. She said I am right on the border of having a favorable cervix for induction. They will decide Sunday if I need a prostaglandin to ripen my cervix. I'm just really nervous about the increased risk of a c section

Re: Spent the afternoon in L&D

• I don't have any advice. Maybe sex and as much time as possible on an exercise ball?
    Good luck!!!!

Lilypie Maternity tickers

My Hooligans.....Samuel Brice-Fritzgerald (6/30/10) and Payton Elizabeth (7/23/08)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

FEB SIGGY CHALLENGE
    favorite wedding picture
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I would try sex too. Any possibility they would do a membrane sweep on Thursday? Good luck and keep is updated!

M14 January Siggy Challenge: Resolution I have no intention of keeping...SHOPPING LESS!

TTC: 8/13; BFP: 9/11/13; EDD: 5/15/14
    DD Born @ 40+4

image   image image image image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Yeah definitely try sex. Didn't help me but it was strongly suggested by my doctor. Good luck!

It's a BOY

• haylo33haylo33 member
    We had sex a few days ago and I'm not sure I can do it again. It was so uncomfortable and I was up cramping all night.
  • I agree about sex---it is awful but worth it- what about evening primrose oil?
  • I agree I would try sex I mean weather they induce you it'll happen but to be honest every time I have sex I lose bits of my mucus plug and so far I have been thinning out at every drs apt. It seems to be working for me.
  • I was induced with DS and I went in at 1cm....I was able to have a vaginal delivery. So hopefully the same will be true for you. Good luck with everything.
    BFP # 1 - 12/19/09 EDD 08/27/10 - D&C 1/26/10 @ 9w5d

BFP # 2 - 06/05/10 EDD 02/17/11, DS1 born on 2/14/11

BFP # 3 - 04/10/13 EDD 12/21/13 - D&C 05/15/13 @ 8w4d

BFP # 4 - 07/27/13 EDD 04/08/14 - CP 07/29/13

BFP # 5 - 09/14/13 EDD 05/28/14, DS2 born on 5/22/14 

• ns1ns1 member
    No advice, but I just wanted to say good luck getting things going or with an induction however things happen.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • jjtylerjjtyler member
    I was induced at 37 weeks with my first and was dilated 1 cm and 60 percent effaced. They did the cervadil at 10 pm, started Pitocin at 10 am the next morning and she was born at 11:05 pm after 2 hours of pushing. Definitely doable. Hope you have a good experience.
  • Hahah now we have all pretty much hit the "Sex is awful" phase of our pregnancies. Ironic.
    Saw my Doctor today and he also recommended that as well, lots of Sex or walking a lot were his exact words. H grinned huge at that idea but I was almost like... "Guess I'll be walking everywhere for the next week or so..."
    Nikolas Knight 
    Born: August 8th, 2009   8lbs 8oz  4:33pm

Nolan Lawrence 
    Born: May 21st2014   8lbs 14oz  3:27pm

There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children. 
    One is roots; the other, wings."   -Hodding Carter
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"