May 2014 Moms

PP Sexiness

For all the mamas with outside babies, how is your pp recovery going?

I myself have had several glorious moments and thought we could commiserate.

I had to have an episiotomy cut during labor, which thanks to the epi I did not feel. Recovery on the other hand, not so painless. Aside from the expected swelling and general discomfort, I have endured the dreaded pp bowel movement and popped what I believe to be an internal hemorrhoid in the process. Now my AMAZING DH has been helping me with my sitz baths and suppositories. And today, after taking some stool softener, I literally shit my pants and had zero control to stop it. I just want control of my own body back!!!

I'm sure other ladies have it worse. C'mon, let's hear it...
BFP#1 8/3/12~EDD 4/1/13~Natural M/C 9/1/12-9w6d 
BFP#2 5/30/13~EDD 2/3/14~Confirmed CP 5/31/13
7/12/13 Hysteroscopy & Lap Lysis of Adhesions
1st Cycle on Clomid Aug '13: BFP#3 8/24/13~EDD 5/3/14
Hoping Third Time's a Charm!!- IT'S A GIRL!!!! 
KAYLIE MARIE IS HERE! BORN 5/4/14

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

Lilypie - (nUwf)

All AL-ers welcome in my posts! <3

Re: PP Sexiness

• Loading the player...
  • cbrustcbrust member
    I have 2 tears down there, one perineal and one labial. They hurt like a mofo to sit on and I literally cried during my first PP bowel movement. I had no idea one could have a labial tear-mine is quite literally a hole in my skin.
    DH is terrified to look but he has been great helping with sitz baths. I took a peak yesterday and I'm really wishing I hadn't!
  • I'm avoiding mirrors. It's depressing to give birth and still look pregnant.
  • @kat8805‌ after DS I never regained feeling in my incision (still 16 months later) and I pluck the pubes along the scar. It is do weird to not feel them come out though.

Anniversary 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  
    Congrats to my GP Sister from another mister Bruinsbabe!!

• I had several tears which are very painful to sit on still 8 days pp. i also have very little bladder control and if I wait to long I pee on the way to the bathroom. I also leak pee agin when I stand after going to the bathroom. General sweatiness, clogged ducts. Cankles from my epidural even though it failed. Feeling lovely :)
  • @gertiebarden that might take the cake so far. I literally just laughed out loud. You really do learn something new every day. Lol.
    BFP#1 8/3/12~EDD 4/1/13~Natural M/C 9/1/12-9w6d 
    BFP#2 5/30/13~EDD 2/3/14~Confirmed CP 5/31/13
    7/12/13 Hysteroscopy & Lap Lysis of Adhesions
    1st Cycle on Clomid Aug '13: BFP#3 8/24/13~EDD 5/3/14
    Hoping Third Time's a Charm!!- IT'S A GIRL!!!! 
    KAYLIE MARIE IS HERE! BORN 5/4/14

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

Lilypie - (nUwf)

All AL-ers welcome in my posts! <3
  • Since DS2 went straight to the NICU I had to start pumping right away, which led to some interesting oversupply issues.  I noticed a...certain ripeness...in my armpits that was not normal for me.  It turns out that if you have initial oversupply, you can actually lactate through all of the breast tissue (not just the nipple and areola) at the outset AND you can leak milk out of your armpits.  It will then curdle there.  Sexiness in all of its glory.  

Wtaf?! I thought I had heard everything... Oh jeez!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • jenb_99jenb_99 member
    I still have an inside baby, but I am not looking forward to the PP popped-balloon belly. Mine seriously looked like a big deflated whoopie cushion after DS was born. It hung down to my crotch. HOT.

DS: 11/8/11 | 9 lb 7 oz, 22 in
    DD: 5/22/14 | 9 lb 9 oz, 21.5 in

• JKTTC1JKTTC1 member
    I'm 10 days pp. I've lost pretty much all my baby weight and a few pounds shy of the original weight before pregnancy however, leaking boobs, engorgement, hemorrhoids, and sweatiness.

I had a 2nd degree tear which still have soreness/pain from it but WAY better than the 4th degree episiotomy I had with DS so I feel like a completely different person this time around. I don't have the sit on the donut everywhere I go (or the fact I can go places 10 days pp is a big accomplishment this time around!).

I do take 2 stool softeners a day! I had it EXTREMELY bad with DS1 so this has been a piece of
    Cake 2nd time around!

#2-BO 6/6/13 D/C     #3 natural m/c 8/6/13 

#4 EDD 5/19/14 It's a boy! 

• I'm 2 weeks PP today and so far it's been better than expected. I did end up getting a UTI that kicked my ass just a few days PP. Between that and the stiches the first week sucked. Already back to pretty much normal body wise though so I'm kinda thrilled about that. Back down to my original weight and my stomach is back to being pretty flat, just a tad more squishy.
    May siggy challenge - Parenting Fails

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • awc1986awc1986 member
    edited May 2014
    I'm 8 days PP and I look like roger from American dad in the nude. It's all bloated and saggy. I'm also team episiotomy. It's not been too bad and is just tender when I wipe or have been walking around a lot in the day. I do have an incredible butt nut though. It's like someone had actually stuck a grape just on the edge of my butthole. Sexy. I don't even keep this stuff from DH anymore. He knows everything. My PP poops have been easy though because I was prescribed a laxative. It basically made it borderline diarrhea, so I've been 4 times with no pain. I've stopped the laxative now though so we shall see how that goes.
    I'm FFing and the tenderness is starting to go in the boobs now. It was wierd being leaky and having nowhere for the milk to go. Cramps were bad for a few days, but have pretty much gone now.

09/23/11 - Married DH

04/01/13 - BFP at 4wks

05/30/13 - MMC - BO @ 12wks 5d

08/29/13 - BFP @ 4wks 4d

09/17/13 - 7wks 2d - Normal HB Detected! Baby measuring perfect for dates and positioning!  

10/23/13 - 12wks 3d - Perfect NT scan! HB 167 & baby wriggling, waving & yawning!

12/17/13 - 20wks 2 d - We're having a beautiful baby girl! Go Team Pink!

05/03/14 - Bobbie Gloria was born at 39+6 weighing 6lb 14oz!

• SMM1986SMM1986 member

Since DS2 went straight to the NICU I had to start pumping right away, which led to some interesting oversupply issues.  I noticed a...certain ripeness...in my armpits that was not normal for me.  It turns out that if you have initial oversupply, you can actually lactate through all of the breast tissue (not just the nipple and areola) at the outset AND you can leak milk out of your armpits.  It will then curdle there.  Sexiness in all of its glory.  

I have 4 growths under my arms. I originally thought they were skin tags, but they lactate and I'm pretty sure they are all supernumerary nipples. One shoots milk if you touch it. Sexy.
    I lost most of my dignity this pregnancy though when DH had to put my pants on for me. And once he had to leave work early to get our kids from school because I had such bad diarrhea I couldn't do it.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Esbi25Esbi25 member

Since DS2 went straight to the NICU I had to start pumping right away, which led to some interesting oversupply issues.  I noticed a...certain ripeness...in my armpits that was not normal for me.  It turns out that if you have initial oversupply, you can actually lactate through all of the breast tissue (not just the nipple and areola) at the outset AND you can leak milk out of your armpits.  It will then curdle there.  Sexiness in all of its glory.  

Wow that's crazy. When breastfeeding DS1, I would get this weird super itchy feeling in my armpits during letdown.

Also with DS1, I had mastitis that turned into an abscess right next to my nipple. After IV antibiotics in the ER, the thing popped and spilled puss and blood everywhere. Then it was just this big open wound that went so deep you could see my milk ducts and milk would literally just leak from the wound. This was a very low point in my PP recovery.

• awc1986awc1986 member
    Esbi25 said:

Wow that's crazy. When breastfeeding DS1, I would get this weird super itchy feeling in my armpits during letdown. Also with DS1, I had mastitis that turned into an abscess right next to my nipple. After IV antibiotics in the ER, the thing popped and spilled puss and blood everywhere. Then it was just this big open wound that went so deep you could see my milk ducts and milk would literally just leak from the wound. This was a very low point in my PP recovery.

09/23/11 - Married DH

04/01/13 - BFP at 4wks

08/29/13 - BFP @ 4wks 4d

09/17/13 - 7wks 2d - Normal HB Detected! Baby measuring perfect for dates and positioning!  

10/23/13 - 12wks 3d - Perfect NT scan! HB 167 & baby wriggling, waving & yawning!

• I am 3 weeks PP I am finally mostly not bloated with fluid from my two days on induction meds, general anithesa and blood transfusion fluids but my weight loss just stopped at 20 pds heavier then pre pregnancy, my stomach looks all hangy and puffy, boobs are giant and leaky and my c section incision is still painful if I over do the activity. Overdoing it means a regular day of normal activity so yeah that sucks.
  • Esbi25Esbi25 member
    awc1986 said:

Esbi25 said:

Wow that's crazy. When breastfeeding DS1, I would get this weird super itchy feeling in my armpits during letdown.

Also with DS1, I had mastitis that turned into an abscess right next to my nipple. After IV antibiotics in the ER, the thing popped and spilled puss and blood everywhere. Then it was just this big open wound that went so deep you could see my milk ducts and milk would literally just leak from the wound. This was a very low point in my PP recovery.

Haha I know, I know. This is one of the only places I can talk about that experience. Maybe a little TMI!

• Esbi25Esbi25 member
    Also, don't mess around with mastitis! Get that kinda thing looked at! That's me advice. But, abscesses are fortunately not common, which is why I kept thinking it's just a clogged duct and it will go away. NOT the case.

• QOTRQOTR member
    Oh ladies,  Thanks for sharing your experiences.  It's good to be prepared AND I can now divert some of my childbirth dread/fear to PP.  
    Me-41, Hubby-40.
    1st BFP-8/17/12!  Missed Miscarriage discovered @ 8 week US.  D&C.
    2nd BFP-2/13/13!  Blighted Ovum discovered @ 8 week US. Natural miscarriage.
    3rd BFP-5/22/13!  By early June, progesterone plummeting.  Another loss.
    August 2013 - started Donor Egg process, but surprise BFP with my own eggs.
    Dear Son born 5/28/14
  • I still have an inside baby and this is #2 for me. DD is just over 2, so it wasn't that long ago for me, but somehow I'd forgotten all of these PP horrors. I must've blocked everything out from the first time around!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Carpenter627‌ I couldn't agree more.

So, did any of you get pain meds for the recovery or pp? This just sounds, awful.

It's a BOY

• I still have an inside baby, but it's awesome to know what goodies ate likely coming soon for me. I hope I retain at least some of my sense of humor about it. Admire y'all for the classy coping with...not such classy pp symptoms.
  • JKBMA2014 said:
    @Carpenter627‌ I couldn't agree more. So, did any of you get pain meds for the recovery or pp? This just sounds, awful.

I did with DS but he was a c/s baby.

Anniversary 

• JKBMA2014 said:

@Carpenter627‌ I couldn't agree more.

So, did any of you get pain meds for the recovery or pp? This just sounds, awful.

I didn't take anything home, but only because I took a Percocet in the hospital (after being up for 48hrs without food) and could barely hold a conversation. In retrospect, I should have asked for a script - it would've helped ease the pain of the first few days.
    A friend just had her baby last week and they sent her home with those too. I plan on taking them if I get any

It's a BOY

• jenb_99jenb_99 member
    Sam0905 said:

My first pp poop was horendous. I sobbed due to the pain and had to call my mom from the toilet to bring a suppository over (we didn't have any and my husband was tending to the baby). I ended up passing 2 baseball sized turds and clogged up the toilet. At least I got the "giving birth" sensation I missed with my c section.

Lol. I could've written this myself. I actually had to massage the area around my butthole to keep it from tearing while I was passing my first post-c-section BM.

DS: 11/8/11 | 9 lb 7 oz, 22 in
    DD: 5/22/14 | 9 lb 9 oz, 21.5 in

• @kat8805‌ after DS I never regained feeling in my incision (still 16 months later) and I pluck the pubes along the scar. It is do weird to not feel them come out though.

Wait, you mean that weird half asleep sensation I have around my incision scar is permanent?
  • SMM1986SMM1986 member
    I didn't get any pain meds PP, they told me to take Motrin and Tylenol if necessary. I had a very easy vaginal delivery with no tears.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • cbrustcbrust member
    I was on 600mg of ibuprofen and Tylenol with codeine while in the hospital. I had a vaginal delivery with 2 tears and lots of swelling.
    I was discharged with just instructions to take the ibuprofen; in hindsight I should have asked for a script for the Tylenol because stopping it cold turkey was a little rough. I had pretty painful cramping for about 4 days total.
  • After my c-section they had me taking Ibuprofen and Tylenol with codeine. I had an awful reaction to the Tylenol and ended up with a rash on my stomach, hips, lower back, and down the backs of my legs. I stopped taking it immediately once I realized that had to be the cause. Now as the rash is clearing up I have gross, flakey dry skin in the spots where the rash was the worst.

And the sweating! A couple of nights ago between the sweat and apparently some drool my pillow case was soaked. Ewww.

Mommy to three beautiful boys! 
    Benjamin Michael 5/17/10
    Lucas Gabriel 3/26/12
    Graham Jonathan 5/1/14

• I was given 800mg Motrin and norco for my recovery. The post partum poop isn't so bad if you take a stool softener twice a day.

Wait, you mean that weird half asleep sensation I have around my incision scar is permanent?
    One of my friends regained feeling but others have not. It's a crap shoot and only time will tell. I really don't notice it much any more other than if I run my hand across it.

Anniversary 

• awc1986awc1986 member
    edited May 2014
    JKBMA2014 said:

@Carpenter627‌ I couldn't agree more.

@JKBMA2014‌ - I was given paracetamol, ibuprofen and codeine to stagger throughout the day. I didn't use them much though. I think I used each one once a day for about 4 days. I was also prescribed a liquid laxative to take in the morning and at night. It was incredible. Seriously, I had an episiotomy and a giant hemmie and I've not had any poop pain at all because of the laxative. Definitely ask for some!

09/23/11 - Married DH

04/01/13 - BFP at 4wks

08/29/13 - BFP @ 4wks 4d

• ns1ns1 member
    Until you all reminded me of these joys I've been all about getting this kid here. But now I feel more like a cat when you're trying to put it in a bath or cage...NO!!! Hell, at least the sooner it happens the sooner I start recovery...right?
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I had a vaginal delivery with an episiotomy, and they gave me a prescription for some kind of pain meds and 800 mg ibuprofen. I didn't have to take any of the stronger pain meds, just the ibuprofen. I agree, definitely take the stool softener. I took stool softener twice a day and also took some Metamucil 4 days postpartum and my first PP poop was really no big deal at all.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"