New York Babies

Anyone deliver at Westchester Medical Center?

I'm very early in pregnancy but was wondering if anyone has delivered their baby there. If so, was it a positive experience and do you recommend anyone in particular? Overall, would you recommend WMC? Thanks!

Re: Anyone deliver at Westchester Medical Center?

• A friend of mine just delivered there last weekend and was NOT happy about her experience. I'd also stay away from WP hospital if i were you - its a perpetual warzone! Try northern westchester (mt kisco) or greenwich hospital for the best care.
  • White Plains hospital has the best maternity/ delivery ward in all of Westchester County. I'm not so sure why the previous poster called it a warzone- but it's the best.

Stay away from Westchester Medical. I've had two knee surgeries there and my BIL had one that didn't go well.

• Loading the player...
  • Westchester Medical Center has received horrible ratings for Maternity care.

I dont know what the poster who called WP hospital a warzone means by that but they have received wonderful ratings. My SIL also delivered at WP and had a great experience.

WP hospital actually received a HealthGrades Maternity Care Excellence Award for 2008/2009

• imageLuna76:

I dont know what the poster who called WP hospital a warzone means by that but they have received wonderful ratings. My SIL also delivered at WP and had a great experience.

WP hospital actually received a HealthGrades Maternity Care Excellence Award for 2008/2009

Ditto. No clue where that's coming from.

• I'm not sure how recently any of you ladies have actually been to WP Hospital, but they've been under constant reconstruction/renovation for nearly a year - and its no better than it was before.

A friend of mine went to the ER because she was going into labor and waited there nealy half hour before she was brought up to maternity - and she was pre-registered!

They may have been rated highest in Westchester, but first hand experience out-weighs any subjective awards committee in my book.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"