April 2013 Moms

grandmothers on mothers day

CanukMamCanukMam member
edited May 2014 in April 2013 Moms
What do you ladies think about giving the grandmother something from our LOs for mothers day??

My feeling is that its mother's day and not grandmothers day. Fine if hubby gets her something from us because she is his mother/my mother in law but not something separate from LO. I feel like its my day. Maybe I'm selfish and childish but there is a grandparents day in sept.
Pregnancy Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: grandmothers on mothers day

• I also don't get along with my MIL so that may have something to do with it
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • cece2682 said:

I think she should be celebrated for being your husbands mom, not a grandmother.

This is what I think. LO can give her a card on grandparents day.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • KrisM86KrisM86 member
    We always give the Grandmas something little from the kids on Mother's Day. It does sound like some of you are being a but spiteful because you don't get along with your MIL. At the very least, I'd give a card.

• Nah I wouldn't do it with my mother either. we will celebrate her role as a mother and not a grandmother.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • CanukMam said:
    Nah I wouldn't do it with my mother either. we will celebrate her role as a mother and not a grandmother.
    I don't get what you mean...are you opposed to her getting anything or do you want the gift to come from your husband and not LO?  

Baby on Board - My Blog 

Anniversary

• PS one day you will be a grandma and it will be really sucky if your son's wife cares as much as you do about your grand kids getting you a gift for Mother's day. 

Baby on Board - My Blog 

Anniversary

• KrisM86 said:
    I mean, to each her own but It seems so weird and rude to me to specifically not acknowledge that role on Mother's Day. Also, I've never heard of grandparents day. We celebrate grandmothers as moms and grandmas on Mother's Day and grandfathers as dads and grandpas on Father's Day.
    I've heard of grandparents day mentioned by normal people like three times in my life. It isn't as official as Mother's and Father's Day. I believe that -all- mothers and -all- fathers should be celebrated even if you can't get anything... but a simple "love you and thank you" from LO or whatever. 

• I've never heard of grandparents day outside the bump. We got the grandmas a card and printed up new pictures of the girls and framed them. Both of them were delighted, total outlay $20 each (because I sprung for a nicer frame!)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
    imageimageimage
  • edited May 2014
    Also, in addition to her being your H's mother, she shaped hm into being the parent that he is today. I understand that it's kind of annoying to share Mother's Day with so many other people, but now more than ever I completely understand why it's so important for everyone to get that love and gratitude on such a special day.... For moms and grandmas! PS, everything we get for our moms is from the whole family... H, me, and Rhys.
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • Hah thanks @megandscott07‌ but you have no idea of the back story with my MIL. I wouldn't count her as one of the wonderful people in my life. Anyway we got her a card, we always planned to, from all of us. I never planned to ignore her. I just don't think its necessary to give her a separate card only from LO.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • JSS1002JSS1002 member
    I've always gotten my grandmothers a card for Mother's Day, but we aren't into gifts -- I got my own mother flowers and a card and a framed photo of James and signed it from all of us... Card and photo for mil and dh got her a card from james.

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • JSS1002JSS1002 member
    Also all families and relationships are different. Out of privacy for my husband that is all that I will say, but not all mothers deserve credit for "shaping" children into the adults they art today.

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • megandscott07megandscott07 member
    edited May 2014
    CanukMam said:

Hah thanks @megandscott07‌ but you have no idea of the back story with my MIL. I wouldn't count her as one of the wonderful people in my life. Anyway we got her a card, we always planned to, from all of us. I never planned to ignore her. I just don't think its necessary to give her a separate card only from LO.

Understood. If your MIL has been cruel to your LO, then I would understand not 'honoring' her on Mother's Day. But you said you got her a card from you and DH and not from LO. That's the part where I would do differently and even just get her a card/present from LO as a grandma, and skip a card/gift from you and DH if you don't feel she's deserving as a mother. But everyone is definitely free to do what is best for their family! Sorry if I was rude in my last post!

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"