April 2014 Moms

AW your Mother's Day gifts and experiences here!

What number Mother's Day this is for you:

How many kids you have:

What you got/did:

Some special memories created today:
February Siggy Challenge: Favorite TV couple ~ Jim & Pam <3

Edolie Mae ~ April 21, 2014 <3

Re: AW your Mother's Day gifts and experiences here!

• Loading the player...
  • This is my 4th Mother's Day. I have 2 beautiful girls. DH and DD1 made me breakfast in bed. I also got a cookie cake, an amazon kindle gift card and a gift certificate to get my nails done.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers 
    Pinterest:misskristina22
    Instagram:misskristina26
  • I'm having a lovely first Mother's Day! We walked to a local café, the snoogum let me eat an entire meal without crying, and now we're going out shopping and then to meet my dad for dinner. It'll be our longest day out with the LO yet. Later we plan to do a handprint keepsake kit DH bought.
  • First Mother's Day!

DH is working until 3 am and I said no gifts. Headed to my mom's for dinner so I'm looking forward to that!

Little Q and I are just chillin in the meantime-Mamma Mia is on TV. :)

Totally watching mama Mia too, one if my faves :) my 4th Mother's Day, DH is working 12 hours today. Just got back from brunch with my brother and mom and Aislyn and I are chillin on the couch while big brother naps.

• Jealous of all you ladies with thoughtful DH's. This is my first Mother's Day.

I woke up to a screaming baby and DH holding him saying he pooped and threw up all over him. So I got to clean them both up and get us all ready for church which we didn't attend because LO was not cooperating. Now were at the IL's for the day and I'm sure they will make dinner for us. And my DH just spilled a bottle of breast milk all over me. Cool. At least my FIL got me a box of chocolates. My DH is usually okay about holidays even if he doesn't like them. Don't know what is up his ass today.

I hope everyone else is having a great Mother's Day :)

• Mother's Day is one of those days I don't really care about that much- probably my own mother stresses me out so this day usually isn't without some sort of guilt or stress.

We took my mom to brunch- I got my MIL a locket with a picture of DD and SS in it (the Third child is already being left out of things! Lol)

From DH and the kids I got a shadow box for the baby, I'm really excited about it. It's one of those gifts I always wanted to but just never got it for myself so I'm happy to have one! I want to get one for DD too.
    I think this is my 4th Mother's Day. We weren't married before I had DD so I don't think SS would have done anything before that.

Sounds like many of you are having a great day- so amazing!

@maelic‌ you should def go back to bed and relax you deserve it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• First Mother's Day is not going well so far. I've had one sobbing melt-down and one long trip to my SO's parents' house where I cried silently to myself I'm the back seat with the baby the entire 45 minute drive. Before I start majorly bitching out the details I'm going to take a nap & see if today gets any better. Update to follow...
  • Mine first Mother's Day has been kind of crappy so far. DH wouldn't help at all overnight. He was "too tired". Ef that.
    Tried to get him out of bed to shower for church but he dragged his heels and took so damn long that I couldn't wash my hair, (LO spit up in it earlier). Then I got spit up on Real bad and it went all over my shoulder and chest so I had to do a quick rinse while DH bitched about how we were going to be late for Church....
    Got to church (on time since I have mad skills at taking 10 minutes to get ready) and things calmed down.
    Trying to nap at my parents house now while they play with Penny. Having a family BBQ later. No gift from DH but I did get a card with my daughters names misspelled. Lol. That really just makes me laugh though.
    YCSWU
  • I have 3 kids, aged 3 and under, was up 6 times last night between all of them-baby only woke once. I got a serger (I've been longing for I one for over a year) and a new camera bag. DH made breakfast and MIL made a late lunch, so no cooking for me! Way better than last year-had to go to church solo, DS wasn't sleeping at night, and DH took a long afternoon nap while I watched the kids.
  • Not getting any better. SO planned nothing. Not a damn thing. I finally asked for doughnuts and he went out and came home with the ones he likes but the wrong ones for me. Then he takes the card I bought for HIM to give HIS mother and signs it from the baby and the dogs and GIVES IT BACK TO ME.

I generally love holidays, they are a really big deal to me, and I've been talking about how excited I was for Mother's Day since before LO got here. Then, when I start crying and tell him how disappointed I am, he tells me I'm a spoiled brat and I should just be thankful we have a healthy baby - throwing it up in my face that two friends of mine recently had a loss. He doesn't even know them and had little to no sympathy when I was grieving for them earlier in the week. I don't even know what to do. I cannot stop crying.
  • First Mother's Day for me, and it's been a great one so far! Woke up to my favorite Starbucks coffee, blueberry scone and a fun custom made card with pictures of me and baby all over it! My husband did good! I then spent the rest of the day with my mom, sister and little guy :)
  • lcr23lcr23 member
    I'm disappointed but hopeful for a card or something since the days not over. He has taken care of meals today but I'd hoped for something more. :(
  • edoliesmomedoliesmom member
    edited May 2014
    Sorry to all of those having crappy Mother's Days!! :( I wish I could slap some sense into some of your husbands/SOs. Good grief.

I'm jealous of all the husbands that know how to cook and made meals for everyone who got one! I don't think that'll ever be part of my gift no matter how amazing that would be. lol

@kielpinskim‌ I'm glad you got what you wanted, but what's a serger??

@eme520‌ I can relate to the difficulty breastfeeding, so I understand how that can be the biggest gift of all! So happy for you. :)

My husband got me everything in the pic below. I love candy and watching movies, so this was a perfect gift for me. :) I had lost Crazy, Stupid Love somehow. It's one of my favorite movies, and he remembered that and got it for me! We woke up earlier than we hoped for, so we all just woke up from a wonderful 2-hour nap. Now I'm nursing baby girl in just her diaper, hehe. I love how close I feel to her when we're skin-to-skin. :x

• Forgot the pic:

• Vinny424 said:

A serger is a type of seeing machine tht cuts and sees at the same time. It's how all of your clothes are made.

How handy!

• cd92007cd92007 member
    DH got me the leather "diaper bag" (it's really a tote) that I've been wanting from Madewell and two cards.. One from him and one from baby. Then we went to lunch and shared some fatty Mexican food and I finally got to have a margarita.. And if was amazing. I wanted to have three of them haha! Diet starts tomorrow ;) DS slept the entire time we were out, thank god! I'm so sorry for those of you having a bad day :(

Pregnancy Ticker
  • OMG I'm so sorry about the crummy mothers days. Especially yours @rockstarlaw‌ I really hope he makes it up to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"