December 2012 Moms

Clothing size

I want to get Skye some clothes online, but of course what I want are are in toddler sizes and we are still buying her Month sizes, 12-18mnth, I'm wondering if any of you lo's are wearing toddler sizes and if so what size do you get? 

Re: Clothing size

• DD is a tad on the small size. She's in 12 month shirts but 9-12 month pants because she's in underwear. I will probably get her 18 month shirts for summer so they are loose on her in the heat. If she's like her sister she won't be in 2T until 2 1/2-3 years old. You maybe able to get around doing 2T shirts but without knowing her height/size I'm merely assuming that.
  • We do 2T for sweatshirts, jackets, etc.and 18-24 month for regular shirts so they last longer than a few weeks but still holding onto those 12 mo pants since Killian seems to have DH's long torso but short legs (vs my short torso & long legs). Plus I just haven't found any good deals on pants/shorts yet.
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    image image image
  • Loading the player...
  • Morgan is in mostly 18 month sizes right now but I have a lot of 2T sizes for her also.  Most of her clothes for summer are 24 month/2T.

We Made A Wish....

And You Came True!

• I feel like I have the little peanut of the group.  She's still wearing her 12 months clothes from the winter (it's warming up now, but it's been cool up until now).  I'm buying 18 months stuff for the summer though.  In fact, I have a whole cart full of stuff at Children's Place that I'm waiting to pull the trigger on. :)

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

imageimage

• Thanks ladies, she just turned 16mnths and too me she seems tiny, some of her footed jams that are 12mnths she just now growing out of, so maybe sticking to the month sizes right now might be my best bet.  It looks like I may have to do the order and return a few times, LOL
  • DD was in mostly 12-18 month stuff all winter.  We had a handful of 18-24 month stuff from old navy that filled the gap, and I'm basically skipping the 24 month size all together (with the exception of footie pajamas).  She's wearing 2T leggings, t-shirts and zip up hoodies from old navy now, and they're just a tad big.  I'm getting stuff on sale in 2T and 3T, assuming she'll be in the latter by end of summer/early fall.  
  • DD wears carters 12 month footed pajamas. We bought 18 month shorts and tshirts, but she can still fit her 12 month pants. But she also has some 2T tshirts that fit okay. We love old Navy shorts because they have an adjustable waist.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerAnniversary

• dd fits into 18 month clothes but we mostly buy 24 month and some 2t shirts for summer stuff. It seems there is a big difference between 24 month and 2t in bottoms for some brands though so it can be kind of tricky. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Milla is tall and thin. She's clearly a 24m in length, the the waists are big. I buy adjustable waists or roll the waist. She does 18-24 in shirts and dresses. I have mostly 24m for summer, but some 2t as well. She weighs 22lbs and is around 32-33".

Be careful with boutique items, in my experience they run small. She fits her 2t boutique clothes now, I was thinking she'd wear those in august or September.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

imageimageimage
  • I wanted to add, if your LO is slender you may find 2T works better than 24 months. Mine could never do 24 months, typically they are baggy for diapers where 2T is more straight. Also for my kids they always go back a size when wearing shorts (so DD will probably be in 6 months short size this Summer). Lastly you may want to stay away from Bodysuits because if you decide to PT those are PIA!!
  • jsoubeljsoubel member
    Thanks ladies, she just turned 16mnths and too me she seems tiny, some of her footed jams that are 12mnths she just now growing out of, so maybe sticking to the month sizes right now might be my best bet.  It looks like I may have to do the order and return a few times, LOL
    This is Sonja.  I just put her 12 month jammies aside as she grows into 18 months.  She tends to be spot on in age/clothing sizes so I think she'll be in 18 months through the summer and that's what I bought for her.  She likely won't begin to fit into 18-24 months or 2T until around her bday.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I could never figure out before what the toddler sizes are. So I now see 2t comes after 24 months lol.
    We're SO far from that. Alivia just this week outgrew 99% of her 9 months. I still have a few shirts that fit her. 12 month pants and 1 pair 18 month. She is short and chunky :) so things fit weird. We have leggings but I hate then. They don't fit her well.

We'll probably not be hitting 24 months until next year
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    DD#1 December '12
    DD#2 New Year's Baby '15
    Married 07/09
  • Oh, wow.  My LO is a monster compared to some others!  He's comfortably fit into 2T from when he turned a year old, maybe 14 months, and we're starting to buy some 3T for the summer.  O_O  Don't get my started on shoes.  His physical shoe size is 5.5.  But with his puffy pillow feet, he will be wearing size 7 for the summer.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"